Project USUM UU Lure that Threat - On Hold for UUPL

Stone Edge Aggron because it's the most practical, and the tradeoff of losing toxic or fire punch isn't awful considering that it allows you to also punish and keep up rocks against Moltres.

I'll go over my thoughts on some of the other nominations.
  • Stone Edge Mamo: The best mamo set is LO 4 attacks, and knock off already does a ton (nearly puts it in shard range after rocks).
  • Specs Moltres: Not a fan of this set because giving up roost is way too much of a tradeoff. Plus, Z-Hurricane into fire blast already blows away rotom after rocks, so this set is redundant.
  • Berry Scizor: Way too prediction reliant, and regular CB Scizor can already u-turn for 30% as it comes in or just cripple it with knock off. The tradeoff of not running a more traditional scizor set is too high for a 1-use, matchup reliant gimmick.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
Sabbio wins this week with Choice Specs Moltres! Congratulations!

Celebi is an extremely potent offensive Pokemon as a Grass-type, capable of breaking through several bulky Water- and Ground-types. Its typing leaves it with a lot of weaknesses, so luring it can be effective.

Lures are due Saturday 12th January. Good luck!

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead

Rotom-Mow @ Buginium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt

Most Grass-types are generally pretty safe switch-ins to Rotom-Mow, and Celebi is no exception. Z-Signal Beam takes advantage of that and OHKOes it. The Z-Move isn't required to KO i'm pretty sure but it does give this set significantly better utility against the likes of latias and hydreigon.

I've submitted this in a previous week but it's a good lure so i'm doing it again.

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
2C42EA68-251F-4CAF-931C-77B5DB886B6F.gif

E83930D1-D445-40B5-A7F9-9A6D1580F88B.png
@
EA1B43B5-7289-42DF-A25C-6DB93C875A7E.png

Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

AV Scizor has been one of my favorite sets recently with how easily it can tank Dracos and such for mons like unevolved Malt. Today, though, it’s about how Scizor eats any Z move Celebi can throw at it, and kill Celebi’s dream of sweeping. If switching in and Celebi goes for an attack rather than setting up and notices the extra pitiful damage, then you have the option of pursuit trapping too.

Last edited:
Reuniclus @ Buginium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Recover

Celebi can barely do a dent into reuniclus, and +1 Signal Beam already kills on its own. Z-Signal Beam kills without a doubt. Life Orb / Choice specs is also a good option to kill celebi as well. Buginium Z Reuniclus is one of my favorite sets to use as it Latias, Slowbro, Slowbro-Mega, and Starmie as well.

Last edited:
1547404403784.png

Amoonguss (F) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
/hide

Poisonium Z Amoonguss is an Pokémon that can lure in Celebi and for the most part, OHKO it when it attempts to set up. Besides that, amoonguss can do what it always in being a good wall.
0 SpA Amoonguss Acid Downpour (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 330-390 (96.7 - 114.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room

I personally really like this set and it works really well as a late game cleaner. Its bulk lets it set up Trick Room on any physical attacker in the tier at least once, making this set in my humble opinion better than other offensive trick room sweepers like Reuniclus or Stakataka, either by virtue of his enormous bulk even when uninvested or better defensive typing. Fire Blast deals with Scizor, Bisharp, Amoonguss and the protagonist of this week, Celebi. While it doesn't outright KO it (252+ SpA Slowbro-Mega Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 264-312 (77.4 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO ) this Slowbro set is able to make quick work of an unsuspecting, chipped down opposing Celebi. If necessary though Slowbro can eat a neutral Giga Drain from full and nab the KO with the more reliable Ice Beam after.

Last edited:

Zeraora @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Plasma Fists
- Bounce

Just lets it kill Celebi even without a +1 boost as long as Celebi takes one turn of SR, otherwise it dies at +1. This set also kills Amoonguss and Chesnaught which otherwise wall the Mon. Bulk Up gives this set more offensive presence as it has to give up Life Orb or E-belt, also you can OHKO Amoonguss at +1. Drain Punch can be run for recovery on the Bulk Up set to better 1 vs 1 stuff better otherwise Close Combat is fine to just hit harder.

1546990569719.png

Chesnaught @ Buginium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Pin Missile
- Drain Punch/Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Normally, something like Chesnaught would be terribly threatened by Celebi's presence, lacking much to do to it while Celebi threatens to KO Chesnaught or use it as setup fodder. However, with the normally weak Pin Missile and Buginium Z, Chesnaught can hit Celebi with a 140 BP savage spinout, which will always OHKO.
0 Atk Chesnaught Savage Spin-Out (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Celebi: 428-504 (125.5 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
It also does fair damage to Latias, if that's your thing. Anywho, this Chesnaught is more than capable of baiting in Celebi and taking it out. I hope you like the set!

Swampert @ Icium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 32 SpA / 32 SpD / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Blizzard
- Stealth Rock

Might as well steal this set because I'm unoriginal. This was Misa's set to lure Chesnaught and it does just the same thing to Celebi who often uses bulky Waters and Grounds as set-up fodder. Celebi is pretty much destroyed by a Z-Blizzard and ruins any chance of it setting up for the remainder of the game and makes it easy Pursuit fodder.

32+ SpA Swampert Subzero Slammer (185 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 264-312 (77.4 - 91.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Virizion @ Flyinium Z / Rockium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Bounce / Stone Edge / X-Scissor

Virizion is a Celebi's wet dream, 99% of the time. Typically can't OHKO, and can come in on most stuff it has... except it has coverage. At +2, Z-Fly OHKOs cleanly. +2 Z-Edge does after rocks. Neutral Life Orb + Scissor OHKOs. Let's be real, would you expect any of it?

Sorry for the delay. One of my professors can't speak English so I've kinda been sorting that out. Anyways, for my post...

Offensive CM Suicune

sprite.png

This is a relic set from ORAS, but functions exactly as it did in gen 6. The main idea is to lure in and heavily damage Pokemon that can take advantage of Suicune.

Suicune @ Icium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Going over the moveset, calm mind allows you to heavily pressure defensive checks like Amoonguss, and also allows you to take advantage of openings left by offensive teams to get a kill (on things like CB locked Scizor, -2 Latias/Hydreigon, etc.). Scald is still used over hydro pump or surf because of its greater PP and ability to wear down checks, respectively. Ice beam with Icium-Z is the "crux" of this set (like a half-assed smogon analysis would say), and can OHKO Celebi after stealth rocks damage without a boost. Another benefit of this item is that it allows you to OHKO checks like DD+Facade M-Altaria and Taunt Hydreigon. It also does a ton to Latias and Amoonguss, which is nice. If you don't have the room to run Z-move on Suicune, leftovers is still a fine alternative. Moving onto the last move, substitute is nice to allow you to setup on things like Mantine, Toxic+Protect Empoleon, choice-locked Scizor, and other Pokemon like -2 Latias/Hydreigon.

In general, I like this set because it has more utility outside of just luring Celebi. It's a set that has a way to deal with many of Suicune's conventional answers.

Last edited:

Poisonium-Z Tentacruel

Tentacruel @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 44 SpA / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

Typically Celebi would be able to use tentacruel as set up bait, forcing it out with the threat of z-psychic or z-earth power, and setting up nasty plot without any fear, as even if tentacruel stays in, Celebi has natural cure to avoid any status standard tentacruel throws at it. However, with poisonium-z tentacruel nukes Celebi 1hkoing after stealth rock 100% of the time. Furthermore, the set also has utility koing mons like primarina and bulky dragon dance refresh variants of altaria after stealth rock, which would typically not be threatened by tentacruel. The EV’s make scizor’s bullet punch a 4hko most of the time without stealth rock, and rest of EV’s dumped in spa to increase damage output, and the rest are standard. Acid spray allows tentacruel to break down bulky mons more easily, and can deal major damage in conjunction with z-sludge wave.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
In future, please make sure that your set has a functional import for me to copy. If the import doesn’t work, I have to fix it so there’s a set for each that people can copy and paste and potentially use. Also in future, try to make sure your submissions are on the UU Viability Rankings.

Rotom-Mow @ Buginium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
Scizor @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
Reuniclus @ Buginium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Recover
Amoonguss (F) @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 240 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
Zeraora @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Plasma Fists
- Bounce
Chesnaught @ Buginium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Pin Missile
- Drain Punch/Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Spikes
Swampert @ Icium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 32 SpA / 32 SpD / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Blizzard
- Stealth Rock
Virizion @ Flyinium Z / Rockium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Bounce / Stone Edge / X-Scissor
Suicune @ Icium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
Tentacruel @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 44 SpA / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
Voting ends Monday 21st January. Good luck!

My vote goes for phobic's AV Scizor 'cause I feel like it's less specific and more splashable of all the one proposed.
I like Zeraora, I'm really digging Bug Z Chester cause it doesn't let Lati come in for free but I see myself use Roar more often than not. Using my z move slot on chester comes with a big opportunity cost too. Nightingales' Virizion set is cool but I don't really like Virizion in the meta.

KingofEmpoleons' Tentacruel
because I really like this offensive Rapid Spin-monster with the ability of get rid of a counter, even though the lack of Recover + Black Sludge hurts.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)