Project USUM UU Lure that Threat - On Hold for UUPL

daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor
Draconic
Cm coba isn’t going to lure in alo cause alo when sees cm coba switchs out
Gross is a better lure but when hone claws is reveled alo is going to scout with tect prob

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
the winner of this previous week is Sage grats!

Hydreigon has been gaining a lot more popularity and usage recently, most notably in Snake. It has a really good typing and a variety of sets it has to offer. Its rising usage means that an effective way to remove it is through a lure.

Submissions are due Sunday 9th September 11:59 GMT+1. Good luck?

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader

Rotom-Mow @ Buginium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire / Will-O-Wisp / Whatever

252 SpA Rotom-Mow Savage Spin-Out (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 286-338 (88 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Heya folks, I'm back with another Z-Move lure Rotom-Mow, and this time it's buginium. This not only eliminates Hydreigon, guaranteed, after Stealth Rock damage, which is pretty huge given that Hydreigon is generally a pretty safe answer to mowtom and is therefore easily lured by it, but it also heavily chunks Latias and KOes Mega Sceptile and Celebi.

Last edited:

Slowbro @ Icium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Hydreigon its a common switch to Slowbro, the plan its to Subzero Slammer on the switch in, or just spamming Thunder Wave to cripple and in next turns proceed to Subzero Slammer. This also can works against other threats such Celebi, Rotom-C or Latias.

44 SpA Slowbro Subzero Slammer (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 286-338 (88 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Dragon Claw

Ok so I changed my mon since I had no idea that Aura Sphere on Raikou was event exclusive and had to have a Rash nature. So I present to you all Plan B! Hydreigon is one of the best pivots against Scarfed Krook. I’ve actually seen a Dragon Claw tech on Krookodile before and it definitely caught me off guard. Dragon Claw solidly 2HKOs Hydreigon and because of the mon’s omnipresence, it’s not that insane to put this as your 4th moveslot (4th slot is filler anyway on Scarf Krook).

Last edited:

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Hydreigon is one of Crawdaunt's strongest checks and is usually able to switch into and dispatch most traditional Crawdaunt sets. A Choice Band-boosted Superpower easily KOs Hydreigon and allows Crawdaunt to make full use of its devastatingly strong dual STABs for the rest of the game.

:psynervous:

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Jellicent @ Fairium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Jellicent has been getting popular lately and I believe it can definitely lure in Hydreigon since it can resist both stabs and doesn't care about Will-O-Wisp either.Dazzling Gleam is a pretty cool tech but you kinda need the Fairium Z since a regular Dazzling Gleam can't really OHKO. The fact that you don't see leftovers on Jellicent makes for some cool mindgames as well. This set does most functions of a regular jellicent check except for Taunt-ing stuff so I took ou the speed to max out defense. Enjoy!

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Thanks for the submissions lads and lasses, vote for one of these lures n_n.

Rotom-Mow @ Buginium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire / Will-O-Wisp / Whatever

252 SpA Rotom-Mow Savage Spin-Out (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 286-338 (88 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Heya folks, I'm back with another Z-Move lure Rotom-Mow, and this time it's buginium. This not only eliminates Hydreigon, guaranteed, after Stealth Rock damage, which is pretty huge given that Hydreigon is generally a pretty safe answer to mowtom and is therefore easily lured by it, but it also heavily chunks Latias and KOes Mega Sceptile and Celebi.

Slowbro @ Icium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Hydreigon its a common switch to Slowbro, the plan its to Subzero Slammer on the switch in, or just spamming Thunder Wave to cripple and in next turns proceed to Subzero Slammer. This also can works against other threats such Celebi, Rotom-C or Latias.

44 SpA Slowbro Subzero Slammer (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 286-338 (88 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Dragon Claw

Ok so I changed my mon since I had no idea that Aura Sphere on Raikou was event exclusive and had to have a Rash nature. So I present to you all Plan B! Hydreigon is one of the best pivots against Scarfed Krook. I’ve actually seen a Dragon Claw tech on Krookodile before and it definitely caught me off guard. Dragon Claw solidly 2HKOs Hydreigon and because of the mon’s omnipresence, it’s not that insane to put this as your 4th moveslot (4th slot is filler anyway on Scarf Krook).

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Hydreigon is one of Crawdaunt's strongest checks and is usually able to switch into and dispatch most traditional Crawdaunt sets. A Choice Band-boosted Superpower easily KOs Hydreigon and allows Crawdaunt to make full use of its devastatingly strong dual STABs for the rest of the game.

:psynervous:
Jellicent @ Fairium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Jellicent has been getting popular lately and I believe it can definitely lure in Hydreigon since it can resist both stabs and doesn't care about Will-O-Wisp either.Dazzling Gleam is a pretty cool tech but you kinda need the Fairium Z since a regular Dazzling Gleam can't really OHKO. The fact that you don't see leftovers on Jellicent makes for some cool mindgames as well. This set does most functions of a regular jellicent check except for Taunt-ing stuff so I took ou the speed to max out defense. Enjoy!
Voting is due by Wednesday 9pm GMT -7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)