Tournament UU Gods Among Us [Round 3 is in post #120]

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
opp hasnt scheduled when i asked and i looked for them on ps quite a few times though i shouldnt have to. calling activity.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This round's unbanned Pokemon:

Porygon-Z was undoubtedly one of the best Pokemon at the beginning of SM UU. With the introduction of Z-moves, Porygon-Z got access to Z-Conversion, an Omni-boosting move that has definitely pushed it over the edge, in terms of its offensive and defensive capabilities. Furthermore, its wide movepool allowed it to be very unpredictable, as it could have converted its typing into different typings that include Electric, Ghost, Psychic, and more. Additionally, its ability, Adaptability, meant that the typing Porygon-Z desired to convert to would always get an extra boost, on the top of the STAB.

However, recent metagame trends have been working against Porygon-Z's favor. The rise of fast Choice Scarf users including Krookodile and Hydreigon makes it so it is not impossible to revenge kill Porygon-Z. Additionally, Porygon-Z suffers from the 4MSS, which means it'll struggle to fit in all the tools it needs to sweep on one set.

Nevertheless, Porygon-Z would undoubtedly be really good in the metagame. Would it be broken, though? We are here to find that out!
Round 2

RaJ.Shoot vs. PILZ
Decemm vs. Dlanyer
lagrossemerd
vs. allstarapology
Dollainthewoods vs. MS3D
Moutemoute vs. maroon
Xiri vs. Sinkyr
Cam
vs. ProfessorMasterChief
patoche vs. (BunnyOfGold vs Lost Soul)
Wanonymous1616 vs. (evening vs Nuked)
Indigo Plateau vs. (Amane Misa vs DubFreaknakeeb)
martha vs. (Amukamara vs HashMoney)
Sickist vs. littlelachyjn
Rawbi
vs. GL Volkner
Sabbio vs. Havens
Smallsmallrose
vs. Jacobikko
mashonem vs. Daiyaga

Coinflips:
Freeroamer vs. Cam
Indigo Plateau
vs. InvejaMata
Sinkyr vs. Hydreigon Specs

A reminder that all games should be played in [Gen 7] OU format, and the only UUBL aspect should be Porygon-Z.
The deadline is December 1st.
The deadline for the extensions deadline is November 25th.

I decided that because that was the first round I will grant an extension to every pairing that has tried their minimum at scheduling. It probably won't happen again. Please get your games done by the deadline or directly ask me for an activity if there's a need for it.

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This round's unbanned Pokemon abilities:

Drizzle, and later Drought, were once deemed to be broken. They made scenarios in which weather abusers such as Mega Houndoom and Venusaur, and Kingdra and Kabutops, respectively, had their great boost in stat(s) just by the summon of the respective weather summoner. Not only did Drizzle, especially, grant its abusers a boost in their Speed, but also powered up the power of their STAB move, which was absolutely devastating to deal with. While Drought did not grant its abusers a boost in their STAB move because most of the abusers were not Fire-types (e.g. Venusaur, Victreebel), it did cause the ban of Mega Houndoom, which was undoubtedly really powerful under the sunlight.

However, UU does have the tools to stop these abilities from wreaking havoc in the tier. Common Pokemon like Empoleon and Primarina check Drizzle's best abusers in Kingdra and Kabutops, respectively. While Kabutops does have the potential to break them with Swords Dance + a Z-move, Kabutops has a hard time setting up because of its underwhelming defensive typing. Furthermore, it has to forgo either Aqua Jet, Swords Dance, or Rapid Spin, to run Fighting coverage. As for Mega Houndoom, it can only do massive damage under very certain circumstances. Not only does Sun have to be up, but it also has to set up either a Nasty Plot or a Flame Charge (or both), which isn't achieved easily because of its weakness to Stealth Rock, the fact it loses some of its HP every turn because of Solar Power, and because of its average defensive typing.

Nevertheless, these abusers in conjunction with the setters would undoubtedly be really good in the metagame. Would they be broken, though? We are here to find that out!​

Round 3

Havens vs. Daiyaga
Moutemoute vs. Dollainthewoods
Smallsmallrose vs. Indigo Plateau
(evening vs. Wanonymous1616) vs. Sinkyr
littlelachyjn vs. (patoche vs. BunnyOfGold)
(martha vs. Amukamara) vs. Rawbi
PILZ vs. lagrossemerd
Dlanyer vs. Cam

Coinflips:
BunnyOfGold
vs Lost Soul
evening vs Nuked

A reminder that all games should be played in [Gen 7] OU format, and the only UUBL aspects should be Drought and Drizzle.
The deadline is December 15th.
The deadline for the extensions deadline is December 10th.

Last edited:

Dlanyer

Elle est crème comme Nivea, facile comme niveau 1.
is a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Btw Amane Misa I gave the win to Cam because I'm tourbanned, but was I supposed to do so? Like, I thought I had to, but if not, I'd like to play the game (if Cam is ok with that obviously)

Reactions: Cam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)