SM UU UU hazard-offense team

Introduction

This is I imagine a pretty basic team that I built. The original idea was to use Bisharp with entry hazards and build a team around it. And I just picked mons I thought would synergize.

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z Ability: Defiant EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Adamant Nature - Knock Off - Iron Head - Sucker Punch - Swords Dance

As I said Bisharp was the first mon on the team. He is used as a wall-breaker and a Defog switch-in. Standard Bisharp set with max speed and phys attack for maximum breaking power and Darkinium Z to break through weakened bulky mons, like Mega-Aggron az 70%.

Moltres @ Choice Specs Ability: Flame Body EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature - Hurricane - Fire Blast - Extrasensory - U-turn

I use Moltres as a Scizor check and another wall-breaker. Has max speed and timid nature in order to outspeed Togekiss and Mega Altaria because they are difficult to handle for the team. Moves are pretty basic: 2 STABs, U-Turn for tempo and Extrasensory for Poison types and a more reliable way of taking down Fighting types.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge Ability: Clear Body EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Scald - Haze - Rapid Spin - Toxic Spikes

Another Scizor check on the team and a Rapid Spinner, since SR cripples Moltres I need hazard removal but because my strategy is based on hazards I can't use Defog. The 144 speed and Timid nature are mainly for Mamoswine and the rest of the EVs are put into Tentacruel's bulk. T-Spikes and Rapid Spin are the main reasons I use this mon. Scald is a basic STAP move that may weaken physical attackers and Haze is used in order to not become stup fodder.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers Ability: Solid Rock EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD Adamant Nature - Earthquake - Stone Edge - Stealth Rock - Toxic

I needed a reliable Stealth Rock setter and I wanted to use a tank, not a wall so I decided on Rhyperior instead of Hippowdon. Rhyperior has 16 attack EVs and an Adamant nature in order to pose an offensive threat and force some switches while still being able to set up SR multiple times a game.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite Ability: Natural Cure EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly Nature - Dragon Dance - Return - Earthquake - Roost

Mega Altaria is the sweeper on the team with Dragon Dance. I chose this mon over other megas because her checks are kept under control and she can be used mid game as well. The set is the recommended Altaria sweeper set with Dragon Dance, a stab move in Retun, a coverage in Earthquake and Roost for some longevity.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf Ability: Intimidate EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly Nature - Earthquake - Knock Off - Pursuit - Superpower

Scarf Krookodile is used as a revenge killer and Pursuit trapper. I was thinking about using Infernape but chose Krookodile solely because he can prevent switches with Pursuit. Earthquake and Knock-Off are the mandatory STAB moves while Pursuit is the main move for finishing off weakened mons. Superpower is used against Hydregion, since only Altaria checks it but she is needed for sweeping.

Conclusion

The team usually works fine, but it does have some problems. For example Water types are hard to handle and Suicine straight up 1v6s the team. I don't know how good the team is overall or if I should use Hippo / Infernape instead of Rhyperior and Krookodile so any recommendations or advices are appreciated.

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- U-turn

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Hello Sophion! Welcome to UU! I really like how you're using Specs Moltres as it is a very underutilized choice user. Your team definitely doesn't look terrible and I commend you for that but I think these changes could make it a little better!

Now for the big change, I removed Rhyperior and added Kommo-o. You did want an offensive rocker and while Rhyperior does a decent job at that, it often drained momentum and piled up Ground-types with Krookodile which could be one of the issue with you're complaint against bulky waters. Rhyperior has also been struggling in the current meta so it didn't seem to be the most optimal pick. Kommo-o is often a rocker on much more offensive teams like these and also provides you an extra resist against bulky waters while also disrupting opposing rocks with Taunt which compliments Moltres nicely. Overall it is the simple standard Mixed Kommo-o.

Now I do have a couple minor changes.

• Moltres has been given Hidden Power Grass over Extrasensory simply because Extrasensory doesn't hit anything that Moltres is unable to with Hurricane outside of Nihilego which isn't an issue for this team. Hidden Power Grass gives you a much better option to remove those rockers that Moltres cannot beat like Rhyperior and OHKOs Swampert but you're most likely going to be clicking on its STABs
  • I switched up the Mega Altaria set a little due to you saying that Suicune was an annoyance for this team. DD Refresh Mega Altaria is great for being a potent stallbreaker+sweeper and you can go with either Frustration or Façade depending on whether you want the extra boost that can be removed via Refresh if the status is chipping you too much.
  • Finally, Krookodile has now been given Stone Edge. I helped quite a bit with most of your other matchups outside of Flying-types so I do not think that Superpower was necessary on Krookodile (Superpower is kinda bad on it anyway imo). This will help you to offensively pressure them with Stone Edge in case you find yourself in a bit of trouble. Bisharp cannot sustain being a flying check throughout the whole match and since I removed Rhyperior, this seemed to be the best course of action.

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales
- Taunt

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration / Facade
- Refresh
- Roost

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Hope you enjoy these changes! While Flying-types may seem to be an issue, you have the means to offensively pressure them. There's always matchups that will be sacrificed when building but as long as you are able to offensively pressure them, you can still win them. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Really cool team you have here built around Bisharp. Overall it seems pretty solid in terms of your thought process of putting the team together, however I do think there is a bit of counterintuity between Bisharp + Specs Moltres. Specs Moltres imo needs a lot of team support which I don't think this core can provide it with, especially when you are reliant on Rapid Spin solely.

Major Changes:

- So I replaced your Moltres with Mega-Aerodactyl which isn't as bothered by SR and really appreciates Bisharps ability to muscle past MegaLix and Aggron through the use of its Z-move. I decided to go with a Hone Claws Maero here because I felt you needed a wincon on this squad now that Malt can't be used. Maero also eases up your match-up vs the flying types in the tier like Moltres and Togekiss etc. Wing Attack was opted to handle Pokemon like Celebi, Chesnaught and Amoonguss over Aqua Tail.

- So Malt was replaced with Primarina. Prima still gives you an answer to things like Kommo-o, Krook, Ape etc. But it also acts as a status absorber for you Maero and Bisharp. Sleep Talk makes it less of a momentum drain during sleep turns and Scald to punish Pokemon like Scizor and Aggron. 44 Spe EVs to outspeed uninvested base 65 like Alomomola.

- Just like BackAtYouBro I swapped in Kommo-o to be your SR user of choice. Kommo-o was needed here to pressure the steel types more but it also gives you an answer to Rotom-H + Zera now that I swapped out Malt. In the last slot I suggest Flamethrower to ease your match-up vs Scizor and certain steel types without taking the -1 defense drop from CC. The item of choice is up to you, LO is the standard item of choice but Lefties imo can be nice too for checking Manec, Zera etc.

Minor Changes:

- Again just like Bayb I swapped out Superpower as it isn't really needed. I suggest using Stone Edge in the last slot to be able to punish non evolved Malt, Togekiss and Moltres. Otherwise I suggest using Crunch to handle Latias and Slowbro easier.

<Click Sprites for Importable>
I hope you like the changes. I do think that your DD EQ Malt match-up is a bit scarier with the removal of Moltres but Primarina should be a decent enough check to it. Latias can also be a bit more threatening with the removal of Malt, but Bisharp + Krook can handle and remove it. If you have any questions let me know ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)