UU Immunity Core

Hello everyone. I've decided to stop OU until weather become less prominent (most likely never, but hey maybe someday).

Anyway, for the first time in BW, I've decided to step down to UU. Since I love having creative team "concepts," I decided to go for a team that has a lot of immunities. My team currently is immune to 8 types (many of which are quite common). The idea is based around this. Switching into the correct pokemon at the correct time is the most important part of battling. However, switching in itself costs a turn, which is seen as negative. My team is focused on getting the most I possibly can out of switches (which either means switching in for free, or benefiting from the switch). I've had mixed success with this team. This teams been in progress for a while now, and has reached a ladder rating of 1590, so it has had more success than most of my teams. I've changed it up a bit tho. This is what I have so far:

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Ability: Defiant
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge

Cobalion replaced Bisharp because I already have a psychic type switch in. However, now I can benefit greatly from dark type attacks, and benefit I have. Cobalion is a fantastic pokemon on this team, and goes with its theme perfectly. Close Combat is incredibly strong, and with a Swords Dance up and that awesome 108 base Speed stat, Cobalion has become somewhat of a late game cleaner once it sets up on a weakened team. Iron Head might be something to change though, as I seldom use it, however, there have been points where I'm happy I had it for STAB.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Sp.Def
Ability: Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power Ground

Chandelure is the cannon of the team. Its monstrous 145 Sp.Atk lets me punch holes in a bunch of things. It also has excellent typing and a valuable Immunity to Fighting and Normal type attacks. Also, its not only immune to Fire type attacks, but actually enjoys switching in on them as it boosts its own fire type attacks. Lack of a spinner means that Chandy has trouble switching in, but I don't really switch it in much unless its immune or resists an attack, so I haven't had a big problem with Stealth Rocks yet. I chose Timid over Modest because Chandelure vs. Chandelure happens way too often, and I always come out on top with this set. When Choice Chandy wins, I can switch out to another immunity or a resist (which is almost always Quagsire)

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
Ability: Water Absorb
-Recover
-Scald
-Earthquake
-Toxic

Quagsire has been consistently in question from the beginning of this team's inception. Sometimes, Quagsire is awesome. Sometimes, its not. It really just doesn't hit that hard (and really makes me wish that Gastrodon was UU). But I still feel like I need a water type Immunity to the team seeing as how common the type is. Perhaps I should switch to a Curse set. Its electric Immunity is quite helpful however. I can stop Volt Switch Rotom, which is fabulous. But Recently I added Flygon who covers the whole Electric Immune thing, so any other replacements that are Immune to water are open for evaluation.

Sawsbuck @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Ability: Sap Sipper
-Horn Leech
-Return
-Nature Power
-Swords Dance

Sawsbuck is my favorite pokemon and rounds off the core that inspired the team. Sap Sipper is its greatest Asset here. Now I can switch into Sleep Powders, Leech Seeds, and Leaf Storms and benefit. Not to mention Sawsbuck KOs almost all grass types after a Sap Sipper Boost. Amoongus does little back and Tangrowth is even worse off. Sawsbuck in conjunction with Chandelure and Quagsire not only give me the Fire-Water-Grass core, but also give me an immunity and benefits to Fire, Water, and Grass attacks, all incredibly common attack types in UU, not to mention their other immunities. Recently I've been leading with Sawsbuck, and its worked out excellently there, too. Half of all my sweeps from Sawsbuck have come because I have led with him. The opponent is often all too eager to set up Rocks or Spikes and then they are in trouble.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 120 Def/ 124 Sp.Def/ 12 Spe
Ability: Prankster
-Taunt
-Recover
-Will-o-Wisp
-Night Shade

Sableye has a whopping 3 immunities and no weaknesses, and its absolute murder for stall to face thanks to priority taunt. Sometimes Sableye walls 2/3rds of an opponents team, and nothing is better for spreading that burn status everywhere. I have never had a game where this guy has been useless or dead weight. Sableye can always find some way to hinder the opponent, and I'm certain it will be a mainstay on this team.

Flygon @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Sp.Def
Ability: Levitate
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Fire Punch

Many people see Flygon and instantly think, "Scarf," so Flygon forces a lot of switches, which is perfect for a band. This Flygon exchanges Speed for a bit more power. Not much hits harder off the bat than a STAB Outrage coming off of a Banded Flygon in UU. Earthquake is an excellent Dual Stab to compliment Flygon and takes care of those pesky Steel types. The two Steel types it cant take out with Earthquake (Eviolite Ferroseed and Bronzong) are handled with Fire punch. U-turn is an excellent scouting move and keeps momentum going in my favor.

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 120 Def / 252 HP / 124 SDef / 12 Spd
Careful Nature
- Night Shade
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Sawsbuck @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Return
- Nature Power
- Swords Dance

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Flygon @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Hey there,

Although immunity is the name of the game for this team, I think that your Quagsire would benefit much more from the ability Unaware than water absorb. While still providing a ground immunity, his clutch ability allows you to comfortably take on SubCm Raikou (Hp Ice Variants), who otherwise curb stomps a considerable portion of your team. Additionally, the new threat of a +1 Scarf Moxie Heracross is no longer as much of a threat if you ignore it's boosts. I'm guessing you're running a Max Physical Spread (but something a little more mixed would help to take on Raikou, either way you should clean up those evs.

I also suggest this often, but it is VITAL to run speed evs, at least 12 on Sableye. Against opposing Sableye, it is very likely that you will lose the game if you can't ever fire off a taunt or a will o wisp. The ev shift only minorly compromises your defenses, while making any game against another Prankster MUCH easier to win.

TL;DR- Change Quags evs to legitimate numbers
-Change his ability to Unaware to check a slough of setup sweepers
-Majorly speed creep on Sableye

This is a fun team, good luck!

Updated the team. Hopefully I'll get more responses this time :D

@ StarRapper
I haven't had any problems with the Raikou's I've fought thus far. I've taken them all down OK with Quagsire and Cobalion. My team runs much the same with Unaware. The only difference is that I rely on Sawsbuck a lot more to take water attacks.

I also worked on Sableyes EVs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)