UU UU Ladder Tournament 2022 - Cycle 3

Jade

why are girls?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
op adapted from 2021 UULT.
hosted by Estarossa and Juno

Welcome to the 2022 SS UnderUsed Ladder Tournament! After spectacular wins by pokemonisfun the last two years, we return for the third Ladder Tournament of the generation 8! In this tournament, players will compete for a top spot on the ladder, and the top 6 from each cycle will then qualify for the playoffs phase. On top of that, qualifying will yield points for the official UnderUsed Circuit, in which players will compete at the end of the year for a chance to earn one of the coveted ribbons.

To further explain the tournament, let's take a look at the separate stages.

Stage One

During this stage, everyone wishing to participate will sign up with a fresh alt starting with the week's given tag. Similarly to previous editions, your rank will reset every week and you will be asked to sign up with a new alt. In this actual laddering portion of the tournament, players will fight on the Gen 8 UU ladder, trying to claim a spot in the top 6. Those who manage to claim one of the spots will be part of the playoffs phase, with the top 2 of each week getting a round 1 bye and earning the seeds 1-8 ordered by ELO, while all other qualifiers will earn seeds 9-24 ranked by ending ELO, with GXE used to determine tiebreaks. The #7 and #8 of each week will be used as potential substitutes, should they be needed, and the order of substitutes is also determined by ELO. Both qualifying players and substitutes may, of course, play again during the next week, as they can potentially improve their seed or directly qualify.

If I find out you used an already registered alt, you will be disqualified from the tournament.

The Deadlines for the 4 cycles will be on a 6-hour cycle to allow people of different timezones to qualify for playoffs. Cycle One & Two will be hosted by Estarossa, Cycle Three & Four will be hosted by Juno.

Cycle One Deadline - Monday 9th May 11am GMT+1
Cycle Two Deadline - Monday 16th May 5pm GMT+1
Cycle Three Deadline - Monday 23rd May 11pm GMT+1
Cycle Four Deadline - Monday 30th May 5am GMT+1

Stage Two

This part is fairly straight-forward. During this stage, the top 24 will face off in a single elimination, Best-of-3 SS UU bracket. The initial pairings will be based on seed, with the top 2 players from each cycle forming seeds #1 to #8, with a round 1 bye, and other players gaining seeds #9 to #24. Round 2 will then follow a format of #1 vs (winner of #16 vs #17), #2 vs (winner of #15 vs #18), and so forth.

If you wish to participate, sign up in this thread on a fresh alt starting with the tag UULT93J (e.g. UULT93J worrywhirl), using the following format.

Code:
Forum name: worrywhirl
Week 3 Alt: UULT93J worrywhirl
Does my alt for Week 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes
The deadline for week 3 is Monday, May 23rd at 11pm GMT+1. The laddering period starts now.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Have fun laddering, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum name: guille14
Week 3 Alt: UULT93J G14
Does my alt for Week 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

Forum name: Ace or Cold Ball
Week 3 Alt: UULT93J ball

Forum name: Hiro80223001
Week 3 Alt: UULT93J Hiro
Does my alt for Week 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Ye

Forum name: Spacial
Week 3 Alt: UULT93J
Does my alt for Week 3 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yessir

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)