UU UU Majors III Playoffs- Finals (Won by Gondra!)

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
UU Majors Artowrk.png

Hosts: Sage Eyan Kink

Welcome, Smogon, to the third edition of UU Majors! This is the premier edition of an annual UU Circuit Tour where you can test your mettle against the top players in the community. Unlike most elimination tours, where your opponent is a matter of chance, UU Majors ensures that every participant plays a broad swath of the tier's playerbase as you fight your way to the top. It's down to Adaam and Gondra, both with very solid play up to now. Who will take the tournament?

Tour Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SM UU tournament.
  • Stage 2 of this tournament will be Bo3 series. You may switch teams between games.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown.
  • If any changes to the tier occur during a Round, they will not be implemented until the next Round.
  • You must be active in scheduling with your opponents. The tournament hosts will be very strict about activity. Please use the VM wall so that your activity attempts are visible, and be as specific as possible when scheduling.
  • This tour is single elimination.
  • Saving replays is mandatory, in the case of a dispute you must be able to prove that you won your game.

Standard Rules & Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.

Matchups:
Gondra vs. Adaam

No deadline, please try and play in a reasonable amount of time.

As we have hit the semifinals, replays are now mandatory! If you want tell us when you're playing so we can watch n.n

Bisharp will not be legal for the rest of the tournament, so as to keep the meta stable.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Gondra

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
UPL Champion
won, gg
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-410282
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-410290
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-410293

Before I hadnt had the opportunity to touch the tier because i was more focused on playing OU. Now that i finally had nothing to play i was able to sign up for this tournament which was very good to learn more about the tier but obviously i dont get here without help in the teambuilder. And ofc thanks Sage for being a very nice host.

s/o
Accelgor and Pak for the early round teams i was able to orientate myself a lot with the structures of the teams.

Bushtush you helped me a lot to choose the teams in semis and final hoope you get unbaned soon bro.

Pearl, TDK and Lycans thanks for the teams and help me choose which use for quite some time you guys have helped me to improve as a player and i will always keep that in mind.

trash for carry my ass in League of Legends :cwl:

I hope to play more UU on other tours and finally learn how to build the tier :cwl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)