Project UU Matchmaking v4 - Week 29: - Special Salamence! (Submissions!)

Stolen from laevin

lAeVin GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWBROOOOOO

Slowbro-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpA / 232 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock

Now you might be wondering how does laevins av globro complement rhyperior? Well you see this absolute masterpiece of a set is the answer to the many many mons that rhyperior finds annoying like most of the uu water types (you know who), things that can't hit rhyp with their stabs but have a move to beat it like scald raikou, grassknot nihi. Av Globro can come in safely on all of these answers take the hit and set up a future sight if you want and regenerate all of the health points back. Although it can take the hits that rhyp does not this pairing is still weak to ground and does not like knock off in the slightest but if you pair it with mons that can deal with those this partnership is the perfect match!

Last edited:

Mygrein

Banned deucer.
this rhyperior set is kinda garbage lmao wheres the 16+ attack?? also tox sucks i would rather use a coverage move like heat crash for scizor/amogus or megahorn for tang/zarude
that said i will nom Lanturn
:ss/lanturn:
Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Def / 16 SpA / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Protect

ez to see why lanturns works with this, walling rotom h with rhyp is ez, but if they bring rotom wash its not fun at all so this is the counterplay and grass types are fake anyway lol just hit them hard with rhyperior or poop on them with tox lanturn

Last edited:
:ss/Amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play

While tangrowth may be all the craze now, dont forget about our little mushroom friend. Amoonguss can help rhyperior by dealing with water and grass types for it while rhyperior can scare out fire types that threaten amoonguss. Solid defensive core that has been proven effective in the past.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rae

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congrats to HydreigonTheChild for winning the week! I swear on my life when I get some time away from studying I’ll update the HOF, but for now onto Week 8!

WEEK 8: CB Scizor!

:ss/Scizor:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Dual Wingbeat

Scizor presents itself as one of the kings of the tier, thanks to it’s powerful Technician boosted Bullet Punch. Through previous weeks, it’s been submitted often with multiple different sets. Choice Band Scizor is currently a tad unexplored, so that’s where you come in! Who will you pair with this king of momentum and revenge killing? 5 days to submit!​

:ss/Rotom-Heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Pain Split

Rotom-H is a perfect partner for scizor, making a great momentum core. Rotom-H can deal with steels like celesteela while scizor can deal with threats like nihilego. They both work together to wear down shared checks like bulky waters as well

Last edited:
  • Love
:ss/rotom-wash: @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom is a great partner for scizor as this form a volt turn core but they also benefit each other with their typing's as rotom-wash helps to handle the many of fire type mons from chandelure, salamence, and rotom-heat, while scizor helps rotom-wash against pokemon like tangrwoth, zarude, and tapu bulu. Scizor can abuse rotom-wash's will-o-wisp to chip foes down to put them into bullet punch range such as thundurus-t, nidoqueen, and primarina.

Last edited:
  • Love
:mew:
Mew @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpD / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Spikes

I'm honestly not entierly sure what kind of spread mew runs these days. This one outspeeds anything up to jolly gyara, notably the max speed 80s breaker and stuff below, like Nidoqueen, rest is dumped in bulk.
Band Scizor appreciates a lot the chip Spikes provide against foes like bulky Clanger, Keldeo, Cobalion and Slowbro-Galar. Mew also greatly helps it against foes like the Rotoms or Mence and can cripple them with status (it can even cripple fire types if you're chosing to run Toxic). In return, band Zor doesn't provide much defensive utility but is pretty good at punishing the likes of Zarude or Krookodile locking themselves in the wrong move, and you can even abuse them with good doubles.

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
and with that, HydreigonTheChild wins! onto our next round, Week 9!

Week 9 - Salamence

:ss/salamence:

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Salamence is arguably the tiers best defensive Pokemon in the tier, with access to Roost, Defog and Intimidate. Its able to synergise quite well with both offensive and defensive Pokemon, so lets see what you guys come up with! Due to UULT, you will now have 6 days to submit! Wishing you all the best!​

Last edited:
:ss/Aegislash-Shield:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

I’m really high on king shield 2 attacks aegi, helps check Pokémon like nihilego, Primarina, and noivern for mence. Mence in return handles zarude and fire types for aegi

Last edited:
  • Love

Mygrein

Banned deucer.
:ss/chansey:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Stealth Rock / Thunder Wave / Toxic / Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

I almost refuse to believe anyone uses full def mence with hurricane so i will imagine its dual wingbeat or earthquake. Chansey + Mence is a pretty good blanket check to some of the tiers biggest threats, you can even beat lycanroc with this combo if they are not stone edge. Pairs well for either some teleport based offense, or a stall gateway like marihuana. all in all hf and we obvs need 1 mon to take knocks which is not hard to find hf

:ss/Rotom-Wash: @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-wash provides an ice resist and a pivot against most rock moves in the tier and threaten them out like rhyperior, krookodile, buzzwole with pain split or will-o-wisp them to make sure they will not be making progress. Salamence provides rotom-wash a grass resist, removes hazards for rotom-wash to be less susceptible to hazards and a check against most physical attackers

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)