Project UU Next Best Thing Crown Tundra Edition: Week 52: Slowking | Voting Phase

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Offensive Double-Edge Scizor
:ss/scizor:
Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / Superpower
- Double-Edge

Although Double-Edge is usually a pretty useless move, for Scizor it can provide a strong neutral hit on several Pokemon that would usually wall it due to its admittedly lacking coverage, like Moltres, Tentacruel, and Rotom-H, while still retaining neutral coverage on most other Pokemon. Knock Off is probably the best choice to hit Aegislash and Chandelure and preserve Scizor's usual utility, but Superpower can be used instead to beat the Steel-types that wall this set otherwise.

Last edited:
Defog Scizor

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

General idea
Here we have a new Defogger resistant to SR and with access to Roost, so it may work fine considering the set of resistances-immunities Scizor has.
Defog is here to clear the field from hazards but also to reduce the evasion of the target for your incoming teammate.
Roost is here to have reliable recovery.

I think that in this build the combination of Knock Off + U-turn is better than Bullet Punch + Knock Off because this is an utility set with no Atk investment.

EVs (spread) and item
Max HP are picked to have a good mixed bulk with even health points to recharge them with Roost.
248 EVs + a Careful nature are here to fix that middling special side.
8 Spe EVs are here to hit 168 points, one more than 188 Spe EVs Araquanid with a neutral nature.

This isn't an offensive set, but 130 base Atk are still a thing even when uninvested.

I don't think that HDB are that important on this Scizor and I think that Leftovers is more suitable considering the access to Roost.

Team(mates) support
This Scizor has a lot to offer: a slow U-turn, Knock Off support and Defog support backed up by Roost to use them as many times as needed.
Keep in mind though that this pokemon is NOT self-sufficient by any means, so teammates are needed to deal real damage.

Last edited:
Escavalier Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Encore
- Counter
- Knock Off

With an extremely high attack stat, notable physical and special defense and a more than workable base 70 base hp, Escavalier Scizor is a dangerous threat that can take a hit and dish one out. This set cuts down on its offensive power, but not the annoyance it can bring to your opponent. Escavalier's Scizor's natural ability Overcoat uhh, Safety Goggles prevents Amoongus from putting it to sleep, and that's only the beginning. Toxic does debilitating damage, Encore punishes setting up, Counter punishes not setting up enough, and Knock Off punishes the fact that this is no longer Gen 1 and items are in fact, very important. SpD invested because Counter smacks physical attackers already, and boosting Escavalier's high base 105 Scizor's... high... base 70 SpD allows it to tank hits on the special side that it wouldn't usually dream of taking, and live to retaliate afterwards.

Last edited:
Skull Bash Scizor

1617377318919.png

Scizor @ Power Herb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Skull Bash
- Bullet Punch / Knock Off
- Roost

Here is a modified version of the bulky SD Scizor, this time with Skull Bash as the second offensive move. The Power Herb is the item of choice as it removes the charge turn. Skull Bash gives a +1 Def boost, so this should give Scizor more staying power.

Last edited:

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Now that the voting phase has ended, its time to announce our winner! Week 19's winner is Work Up + Rising Voltage by Lilburr! Congratulations and thank you all for participating! Your submission will be added to the Hall of Fame shortly!
This week's Next Best Thing is...

Week 20: Scizor

:xy/scizor:
Daddy Scizor is back! Technician paired with a STAB priority move in Bullet Punch turns Scizor into an amazing revenge killer and a sweeper capable of easily cleaning unprepared teams. STAB U-turn and access to Knock Off also let Scizor act as a great CB user, while good defensive typing and utility options like Roost allow Scizor to act as a defensive tool for its team. Scizor, however, is 4x to Fire, is quite slow, and can get overwhelmed quickly by faster Pokemon. How will you explore Scizor's potential?

Banned Sets
:life-orb::metal-coat::leftovers::choice-band:
(click me)

You have until April 6th to submit your set!

Being serious now, Week 20 of NBT has officially started! If you have made a Durant post, simply edit with your Scizor NBT set if you wish to participate this week. Posts with Durant sets will be IGNORED.

Safety Goggles
Scizor @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off

This is your average Scizor set, but with one notable difference; Safety Goggles. For those who don’t know what Goggles do, they prevent powder moves, most notably Spore, Sleep Powder and Stun Spore. Usually, people go to Amoonguss to Spore Scizor and then switch to a more appropriate check. With Goggles, you can turn the tables on them and turn the mushroom into your setup fodder, with the added bonus of shrugging off random Sleep Powder & Stun Spores. Just be wary of Foul Play and you’ll be good to go.

Last edited:
reserving curse

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Have you ever wanted a mon with a boosting move that can be bulky while still be able hit hard? Wait no more, since Curse Scizor has appeared! It can easily set up on mons like Tapu Bulu, Nihilego and Mamoswine since it scares them naturally and with the added Physical Defense some Physical attackers can't do much to you anymore! Some may say that the Speed drop is pretty bad, but who cares when you have priority Bullet Punch? Obviously this set loses to Special Salamence, Moltres and Heattom, but what Scizor set doesn't lose to those?

252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 102-121 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- 18.4% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Buzzwole Drain Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 72-85 (20.9 - 24.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Lycanroc-Dusk Close Combat vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 138-162 (40.1 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 156-185 (45.3 - 53.7%) -- 41.4% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:
Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sand Tomb
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Sand tomb allows it to trap defensive pokemon and set up on them up to +6 and potentially win the game on the spot against pokemon such as chansey, def buzzwole, def non u-turn jirachi, and tangrowth, non-foul play amoonguss to

Facade 3 Attacks LO
Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Dual Wingbeat
With the two new additions to the tier all of the scizor's in the world have been shuffling around trying to get past moltres and buzzwole, in comes the FACADE set so that burn actually helps you with dual wingbeat to shit on the ugly bug. It also has bullet punch because you know, scizor.
Evs to creep crawdaunt and maximise attack.

252+ Atk Life Orb Scizor Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 88+ Def Moltres: 198-233 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician burned Scizor Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Buzzwole: 234-276 (55.9 - 66%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Physically Defensive Scizor

:ss/Scizor:
Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Hola compadres, did you know that Scizor has a good Defense stat? It's actually 100 base!!!! So if you need a defensive stalwart, this set works out just fine. Has roost for recovery, defog for support, BP for priority (still a decent hit), and a slow U-Turn to gtfo and pivot to one of your premier breakers. You can also run Knock over Defog if you already have hazard control.

252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scizor: 109-130 (31.6 - 37.7%) -- 92.3% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scizor: 168-199 (48.8 - 57.8%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Tapu Bulu Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scizor: 135-160 (39.2 - 46.5%) -- 85.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

Skarmory is gone ladies and gentleman it's time for new steels to rise up.

Scizor @ Metronome
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fury Cutter
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Are you a fan of the hit Adam Sandler movie Click? This might just be the perfect Scizor set for you, since you can click Fury Cutter over and over again and watch its power get boosted not only by the move itself but also (initially) by Technician and by Metronome as well! Bullet Punch is there to prevent faster threats from revenge KOing you, Knock Off is generally useful and can be clicked over and over just like Fury Cutter, and Roost helps keep Scizor around to keep on clickin'.

Physically Defensive Scizor

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Hola compadres, did you know that Scizor has a good Defense stat? It's actually 100 base!!!! So if you need a defensive stalwart, this set works out just fine. Has roost for recovery, defog for support, BP for priority (still a decent hit), and a slow U-Turn to gtfo and pivot to one of your premier breakers. You can also run Knock over Defog if you already have hazard control.
Am I allowed to ask you why did you pick Bullet Punch instead of (for example) Knock Off for you physical defensive set?
Is Bullet Punch that important?

I'm curious because I posted a SpD defensive set, but I decided to drop Bullet Punch to use Knock Off, which is more suited on a defensive set than an uninvested priority in my opinion.

Curse Sweeper by Lolito
too bad that I was sniped, otherwise I would have chosen to write this set (I posted a set for Durant, lol).
Curse i game changing because mixes the defensive utility alongside the offensive one. At the very least, it counters Intimidate users.
What I rreally love about Scizor is the set of resistances it can use, and Curse covers both the offensive and the defensive side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)