UU Olympus - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SJCrew and I just met on the ladder, and (iirc, I could be wrong though) we agreed that that battle would count as the tournament match. So we battled and I won. Afterwards, he challenged me again, and then this conversation followed:
(01:09) Chieliee: I don't feel like battling now, because it's 1am
(01:10) Chieliee: but it was kind of vague
(01:10) Chieliee: I thought we agreed that the ladder match counted as the tourney match
(01:10) SJCrew: ??
(01:10) Chieliee: but
(01:10) Chieliee: idk
(01:12) Chieliee: so
(01:12) Chieliee: did you save the log
(01:12) Chieliee: i wanna check what we exactly said at the start
(01:13) Chieliee: if you do, post a replay here
(01:13) Chieliee: i don't want a text log because that's easy to fake
(01:15) SJCrew: my bad afk
(01:15) SJCrew: no i didn't log it
(01:16) SJCrew: i haven't logged any of my olympus matches thusfar actually
(01:16) SJCrew: they usually occur at random
(01:16) Chieliee: but
(01:16) Chieliee: thing is
(01:16) Chieliee: I only have one team
(01:16) SJCrew: i have a billion
(01:16) SJCrew: let me use another
(01:16) Chieliee: yeah
(01:16) SJCrew: wait wait
(01:16) Chieliee: and then you counterteam
(01:16) SJCrew: i still know your team
(01:17) Chieliee: but
(01:17) Chieliee: can you remember anything of what we said at the start of that battle
(01:17) Chieliee: or
(01:17) Chieliee: can you ask anyone who was watching if they remembered (i'm on fucking 1.0.52 so it doesn't show the names of the spectators)
(01:18) SJCrew: yeah, i jokingly suggested that be the tourney match
(01:18) SJCrew: but you were like
(01:18) Chieliee: i thought it was serious
(01:18) SJCrew: IT'S ONE AM
(01:18) SJCrew: AND I HAVE NO OTHER TEAM
(01:18) Chieliee: i was like
(01:18) SJCrew: and i was like
(01:18) Chieliee: its one am
(01:18) Chieliee: but I have no other team
(01:18) SJCrew: "ok dude"
(01:18) SJCrew: "i can acommodate you"
(01:18) Chieliee: so now you know it
(01:18) Chieliee: so I'll have no choice
(01:18) SJCrew: just make another
(01:19) SJCrew: challenge me tomorrow and i'll use a different one too
(01:19) Chieliee: ugh
(01:19) Chieliee: okay
(01:19) Chieliee: i guess
(01:20) Chieliee: actually tbh I don't think it's okay
(01:20) SJCrew: i'm going to update the olympus thread with the situation
(01:20) Chieliee: I already have done that
(01:21) SJCrew: o
(01:21) SJCrew: k
(01:24) Chieliee: i hate it to be in these kind of situations
(01:24) Chieliee: because I was actually going to post in the thread that I won until I saw another challenge window pop up
(01:25) SJCrew: sorry it was just too funny a coincidence. i was tempted to just forfeit right there and say "let's rechall for the tournament"
(01:25) SJCrew: but i played it out because it was just a ladder match as far as i was concerend
(01:26) SJCrew: we should have done that to start with, but the 'i only have one team' thing kinda fucks with everything
(01:26) Chieliee: yeah
(01:27) Chieliee: we could let Malekith decide what we do
(01:27) Chieliee: he's the one in charge of the tournament
(01:29) Chieliee: what do you think of that?
(01:30) SJCrew: i'm posting what i have to say in the suspect thread
(01:32) SJCrew: be honest with me though
(01:32) SJCrew: you reaaaaaaaaallly want the win
(01:32) SJCrew: i just want to level with you
(01:33) Chieliee: i actually think I deserve the win (ofc that's kind of biased, but so is your opinion)
(01:33) Chieliee: also fuck my lack of english, i didn't know what 'accomodate' means
(01:34) Chieliee: so i kind of ignored it
(01:34) Chieliee: that's why I thought we were playing for the tournament
(01:35) Chieliee: I think we should just let Malekith decide
(01:36) Chieliee: he should not be biased in any way
(01:36) Chieliee: making his opinion a more trustable one
(01:37) SJCrew: well i can understand if english is not your first language, since i was pretty much joking
(01:37) SJCrew: i didn't get a chance to choose my team, i loaded my ladder stuff as soon as you left :/
(01:38) SJCrew: but iirc, what i said was 'yo yo, this is the tournament match now, ya dig? lol'
(01:38) SJCrew: i thought you'd bounce off of that somehow, but you gave me a vague response as well
(01:39) SJCrew: still. i think it's a pretty raw deal that you happened to have only one team
(01:39) SJCrew: and went straight to the ladder with it instead of challenging me
(01:39) SJCrew: there's no way i could counterteam you if i didn't see your stuff before hand, i would have just chosen a better team
(01:39) Chieliee: Actually, I forgot the load the team (LC) I wanted to ladder with
(01:40) Chieliee: it was just a massive coincidence
(01:40) Chieliee: yeah
(01:40) SJCrew: -_____
(01:40) Chieliee: i'm pretty stupid
(01:40) SJCrew: it's not stupid it's just...
(01:40) SJCrew: well
(01:40) SJCrew: i have scounters
(01:40) SJCrew: trying to check me out for smogon premier league
(01:40) SJCrew: i can't use my tourney stuff on my main account while laddering
(01:41) Chieliee: man, this situation is getting more complicated with every added detail
(01:41) SJCrew: on one end
(01:41) SJCrew: i hate losing
(01:42) Chieliee: do you mind if I put this whole conversation in that post?
(01:42) SJCrew: but on the other, we have like a week
(01:42) SJCrew: and i don't think you can crop together another good team in a week
(01:42) SJCrew: it takes me a while tor efine my stuff
(01:42) SJCrew: and yeah, sure
(01:42) Chieliee: I could ask one of my friends for a team though
(01:42) Chieliee: idk
(01:43) SJCrew: hold on
(01:43) SJCrew: this is partially my fault too
(01:43) Chieliee: it's both your fault and my fault
(01:43) Chieliee: and luck's fault
(01:44) Chieliee: we could also wait utnil the other battles are done, if one team is 2-0 by then we don't need to worry. If not, we can still play and ask for an extension if necessary
(01:50) SJCrew: um ok
(01:50) Chieliee: So, we let malekith decide what to do. If he decides that we should play again, we wait until the other battles are done (meanwhile I build a team n stuff), and then, if the teams are 1-1, we play again
(01:51) SJCrew: Ok. that sounds reasonable
(01:51) SJCrew: let's make a gentleman's agreement on this
(01:51) SJCrew: stick to the plan
(01:51) SJCrew: no jokes
(01:51) SJCrew: no mistakes
(01:51) SJCrew: no johns
(01:51) Chieliee: yeah
EDIT: @Below:
(he was supposed to challenge me when he got access to his computer again, since we tried to do the tourney match this morning)
I came back to test some shit, but it was already 1am my time so I didn't want to battle at that time because I play suckish when it's late
EDIT2: Yeah, after thinking what I just said over once more, I think I should have at least notified you when I got back, sorry for that

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I was like "Yo yo yo, let's make this the tourney match ok? lol", I wasn't really serious and I didn't break out the team I was planning to use (the one i had was an old team i'd used in a previous tourney and figured it was ok to ladder with after ppl having seen it), but I played it out anyway, took a lot of hax, and lost.

The only problem I really have is the circumstances. We didn't do what we agreed on earlier (he was supposed to challenge me when he got access to his computer again, since we tried to do the tourney match this morning), but he happened to use his only good team on the ladder by mistake while I was there and not using mine. We shouldn't have played it out like that, but it's mostly my fault for even suggesting it. This is way too odd, so I'll just leave it up to you Malekith.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, I was like "Yo yo yo, let's make this the tourney match ok? lol", I wasn't really serious and I didn't break out the team I was planning to use (the one i had was an old team i'd used in a previous tourney and figured it was ok to ladder with after ppl having seen it), but I played it out anyway, took a lot of hax, and lost.

The only problem I really have is the circumstances. We didn't do what we agreed on earlier (he was supposed to challenge me when he got access to his computer again, since we tried to do the tourney match this morning), but he happened to use his only good team on the ladder by mistake while I was there and not using mine. We shouldn't have played it out like that, but it's mostly my fault for even suggesting it. This is way too odd, so I'll just leave it up to you Malekith.

Im sure if you won, this convo wouldn't be happening LOL.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gentleman's victory, all there is to it. GG Chieliee

Don't let me down, team!

still trying to fight Heysup, the past 2 days he hasnt responded to me on irc

Good job Lucaroark on the win!

coR.

Banned deucer.
nightfox said me that he was looking for ToF this weekend, he was online as nightfox on smogonu, he still play soon... actually he is on his cellphone that's why he cant post AC...

except ive been on su everynight and even when i vm him when he's online he doesn't respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)