UU RMT- currently at top 4 on the leaderboard (1625)

EDIT: THIS TEAM HAS ACTUALLY BEEN 1st ON THE LEADERBOARD.

As some of you know from my old RMT's , I was messing with the UU ladder , and thought that it was way more fun than the OU ladder.
So , I started to play it competitively. After months of laddering etc, I finally made top 4 with a team I made with Erazor.I got a pretty nice streak with thsi team ,
something like 40-10 win/loss.I have actually found 2 weaknesses ; stall and Magneton.Actually , I have problems against most SubSweepers.That's why I am posting it here.
Now , off to the team!!!

At A Glance

--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In Depth

The Lead

Ambipom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Fake Out
- Payback
- U-turn
- Frustration

My opinion: A great lead.Now with Crobat gone , Ambipom became one of the best leads.Rediculoiusly powerful Fake Out ,U-Turn,Technician...This thing can 2HKO almost all the leads that don't have very high def(Cloyster) or Intimidate(Arcanine).But that's not his job
His job is to Fake Out and U-Turn when his counters come in , so I can send in my own counters.

EV's: Pretty standard , don't you think?

Nature: +speed is always great ^_^

Moveset: Fake Out to flinch the opponent while inflicting quite some damage , Payback hits Ghost and psychics for suppereffective damage and , if the opponent switches it becomes a powerful move that usually does like 40% to Pokemon that don't resist it.Even Blaziken takes like 35%. U-turn the star of the set.I just U-Turn as theys switch their Registeels in and send my counter in. Frustrtion for a storng STAB move , just because Return is not cool.

Item: Life Orb for some extra power , but I might replace it with Silk Scarf.

The Core

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/82 Atk/176 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

My opinion: A steel type is always great ^_^. Registeel counter many Pokemon , while it can stop sweeps(Missy) and cripple Pokemon.
It provides many and useful resistances , like a Grass and Poison ,resistance but the most valuable resistances are the Normal and Flying ones. Everyone needs something to counter Swellow , and Registeel does it very well.

EV's: Erazor told me to change the standard EV's a bit , since we needed a more defensive set. So the 100 atk EV's became 82 and the 156 sp.def EV's became 176.
The HP ones remained the same.

Nature: Careful lowers it's useless sp.atk and boosts it's sp.def. Now it can take Fire Blasts from Blaziken and cripple/KO with Thunder Wave and EQ respectively.

Moveset: EQ for the coverage ,Iron Head for a STAB and a move that grants me the ability to ParaFlinch quite effectively.SR is pretty self-explanatory.ThunderWave to cripple Pokemon and completes the paraflinch combo

The Annoyer

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Atk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Hidden Power [ground]

My opinion:Venusaur is really awesome ,with the ability to pseudo break stall and annoy my opponent to no end.It helps me counter
Pokemon like Chansey and Hitmontop.

EV's: I needed as much Defense as I could have , thus I went for 252 def/bold nature.252 HP is standard.

Nature: Bold for more defense.This allows me to take hits fmore effectively.

Moveset:Sleep Powder lets me set up my Leech Seed etc. Leech Seed is a great move , because it drains the opponents HP.I love using it against Chansey.I recover like 25% Hp from the Leech Seed which is great.
Energy Ball for the obvious STAB and the sp.def drops. Now , the big dilema; Sludge Bomb or Hp-Fire.First , I had Sludge Bomb , but I changed it to
HP-Fire to counter everything that was owning my team , particulary Magneton and Toxicroak.All they did was: Come in , Sub, sweep.That costed me so
many matches so I changed it to Hp-Fire.That no longer makes Venusaur a set up bait.Still , some Pokemon completely wall me with Hp-Fire whiloe , when I
had SBomb , they didn't.I need your opinions here , guys.

The Wall Breaker

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 122 Atk/136 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)

- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Superpower
- Vacuum Wave/Stone Edge

My opinion: The best wall breaker in UU , by far.It can 2HKO almost the entire metagame (yeah , Altaria is a bitch).I send this in after a kill
or a U-Turn and start owning everything.

EV's: Again , Erazor suggested to change the EV's to 122 atk/136 speed/252 sp.atk , now that Honchkrow is gone.I keep a generally high speed (230 I think)
Now , Superpower becomes way more powerful and I can use it more.

Nature: Mild to raise Sp.Atk while keeping a good Attack stat.Defense is not that needed.

Moveset: Fire Blast for STAB and one of the strongest moves in the game , Superpower to kill Chanseys and some waters , like Lanturn.HP-Electric to hit Moltres and Charizard , while still keeeping an ability to hit Waters super-effectivelly.

The Sub Sweeper

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

My opinion: So yeah , I hate sub sweepers...then , hey , why not get one myself? This Azumarill is a great Sub Sweeper.100 base HP let it take Seismic Tosses like a beast , and Focus Punch back for huge damage.
It's a great Pokemon that lets me revenge kill and kill many threats, like Fire Types which I hate.

EV's : Standard SubPunch Azumarill EV's. 252 HP EV's generate a HP stat of 404. That means that I make 101 HP Substitues , which is great for the resons mentioned before.

Nature: Adamant to raise Azu's awesome attack and lower his useless Sp.Atk.

Moveset: Aqua Jet is for err STAB and revenge killing power and...well , you get the point.Ice Punch for Altaria and Grass Types and Flying types...coverage in other words.
Focus Punch is so damn powerful and is a must with Sub , I must say.Substitute is the star (and the point) of the set.I set up a sturdy Substitute and start firing rediculously powerful moves.Shall I replace something with Waterfall?I dunno.

The Late Game

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 50 HP/252 Spd/208 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

My opinion : Yes , it's Missy (what a surprise).Now with Honchkrow gone she's really great.I just come in after a kill , Sub , CM up and sweep.She's a really good late game sweeper in my opinion.

EV's: Standard EV's.252 speed EV's make Missy very fast , able to outrun most of the metagame.208 sp.atk boost the power of my moves and 48 EV's give me some bulk.

Nature: Timid because speed really, is needed.

Moveset: Calm Mind boosts my sp.atk and sp.def , Shadow Ball is for STAB and a generally strong move , Sub to evade status moves and help me set up.Now , in the 4th slot , we had T-Bolt but after I
noticed that I had a really big Magneton weakness , I changed it to HP-Fighting.

As mentioned before , I'd need some help to cover my issues.Help me guys and girls. :)

HOW WE MADE THIS TEAM

So first we decided that we needed a balanced team.

Then we needed a lead. We had 3 candicates , Arcanine , Ambipom and something else , I don't remember what.We chose Ambipom for the good priority and the ability to lure in walls like Registeel.

Now we needed something with some useful Flying and Normal resistances. Again , the candicates were 3 : Registeel ,REgirock and Steelix.We chose Registeel because the other 2 had a water weakness and water types are everywhere after Shaymin's being suspect tested.

After that , we needed something to back our core up. Venusaur was great , and he could counter the annoying water types.

OK , so at the moment we have Ambipom , Registeel and Venusaur. There's a huge fire weakness so we needed something to keep fire types at bay.Azumarill was great , with the ability to Aqua Jet Fire types and usually OHKO them.

It's time for a wall breaker.Blaziken was great with the ability to 2HKO all of the UU metagame.

And , finally , it was time for a late game sweeper.Missy is what came to our minds first , since she can back our core up even more.

And that is how the team came to be.I am tired , so I will update the RMT with more images and a threat list tomorrow :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Threat List
Thanks to LR.

Dangerous threats in red.

Defensive Threats

Altaria - I hate this thing.StallRia walls my whole team
.I need help with this. >_<

Articuno -
Registeel walls , even though SR makes it easy to play around , set-up fodder for Missy if ti doesn't run Roar.

Blastoise -
Venusaur can wall it , Ambipom can Flinch and Flee , set -up fodder for Missy , Blaziken can 2HKO...

Chansey - I wall this completely.
Set up fodder for Missy , Blaziken OHKOs , Venusaur walls , Ambipom KOs with Fake Out +Frustration...not a problem.

Claydol -
Everyone but Registeel can kill it, set up fodder for Missy.

Clefable - I hate this thingy----set up fodder for Missy m Blaziken OHKOs , set up fodder for Azumarill.Other than that , it's a bitch to take down.

Cradily - Haven't faced one yet , but Blaziken OHKOs and Azumarill SubPunches to hell.

Drapion - Ambipom Flinches and Flees to Registeel in order to paralyze/kill with Thunder Wave and EQ respectively.Can be problematic.

Gastrodon - Venusaur, set up fodder for Missy.

Kangaskhan - I hate it.Ir rips through my team with SubPunch.Ambipom can come in and Double Hit , Blaziken can Vacuum Wave.Other than that , it's a bitch.

Lanturn -
Blaziken OHKOs , Venusaur walls , set up fodder for Missy.

Mesprit -
Set up fodder for Missy,Registeel.

Milotic -
I hate Water types and this is not an exception.Venusaur can kind of wall , and Blaziken can 2HKO , but it's pretty hard to take down.Set up fodder for Missy.

Miltank - Blaziken can SuperPower it , Thick fat variants are set-up fodders for missy , Venusaur and Registeel wall.

Muk -
Registeel, Blaziken.Other than that , it's pretty hard to take down.

Nidoqueen -
Venusaur , Azu,Missy for special variants , Blaziken if it's weakened...not really a problem.

Porygon2 -
Blaziken OHKOs , Missy sets up.

Probopass -
Blaziken , Missy if special , Venusaur , Azu.Not a problem.

Quagsire -
Venusaur , but other than that , it's pretty hard to take down , like all the water types.

Regigigas -
Blaziken , set up fodder for Missy , Venusaur walls.

Regirock -
Azumarill , Venusaur , Blaziken if weakened , Registeel(kind of).

Regice -
Blaziken for the OHKO, set up fodder for Missy.

Registeel -
Blaziken almost always OHKOs , Azumarill sets up.

Shuckle - Blaziken 2HKOs, Venusaur Leech Seeds it and Registeel Para Flinches it with super effective Iron Heads.

Slowbro - Dangerous.It's too tough to kill and walls most of my team.Blaziken can 2HKO ,Missy set up and Venusaur Leech Seed or Energy Ball it , but if used on a stall team with Altaria it's pretty much gg for me.

Spiritomb -
Blaziken and Venusaur can 2HKO/set-up Leech seed respectively.

Torterra -
Venusaur can kind of wall , but RP variants own me.I usually hit it with Fake Outs , AJs and Vacuum Waves.

Umbreon - Blaziken OHKOs , set up bait for Azumarill.

Uxie -
Blaziken 2HKOs , Missy sets up.

Offensive Threats

Absol- Why does it exist?If it gets a SD up , it can mean gg.I usually play it around using my prediction.

Altaria -
Not as dangerous as the StallRia.Azumarill can Ice Punch it and Registeel wall it , Ambipom 2HKOs with Fake Out+Frustration.

Ambipom - Registeel completely walls this.

Arcanine- Dangerous like all the other fire types.Azu is my best bet and Blaziken can deal some high damage with Superpower , but other than that , it destroys my team.

Azumarill -
Venusaur walls most variants , can be problematic.

Blaziken -
Ambipom Fakes Out for 6~% damage.Then Azu KOs.

Charizard -
Not as dangerous as the other Fire types due to 4x SR weakness and no bulk.

Drapion -
Ambipom Flinches and Flees to Registeel in order to paralyze/kill with Thunder Wave and EQ respectively.Can be problematic.<---copy paste FTW.

Espeon- Deadly as hell.If Registeel and Ambipom are down , I have to resort to Azumarill , and if Espeon has like 70% HP left , I lost.I need help here.

Feraligatr -
Venusaur walls this , but if it kills Venusaur it's pretty hard to kill.

Floatzel -
Same as above, with the exception that it is frailer.

Glaceon -
Azumarill sets up , Blaziken OHKOs.

Hariyama -
Blaziken deals shitloads of damage to it with SPower and Azu KOs with Focus Punch+AJ, Venusaur kind of walls.

Hitmonlee -
Walled by Venusaur and Missy sometimes , no scarf variants can't do anything against me , my priority users own this.

Hitmonchan -
Same as above , but way easier to take down.

Hitmontop -
Walled by Venusaur.

Houndoom -
I hate Fire types , but this is easier due to it's dark typing.Blaziken's Vwave almost kills it after SR , Ambipom Fakes Out and KOs with U-Turn , AJ blows this.

Kabutops -
I hate this thing , but Azu usually takes it on pretty well .Same goes for Venusaur.

Linoone -
Attack it and it won't do anything.

Magmortar -
Azu blows this up , but it can be annoying.

Magneton - Deadly as hell.Probably the biggest threat to my team.If it gets a Sub up , it can own me while I try to break it's Sub with my weak attacks.I need help here.

Marowak -
Azu , Venusaur , Blaziken.

Medicham -
Fake Out immediatelly.I hate this thing.

Mismagius -
Most usually get KOd as they switch in to take Ambipom's Fake Out and I Payback them for the OHKO.

Nidoking -
Azu owns this , Fake Out does too. Venusaur can almost wall.

Omastar -
I hate Water types , they are too hard to take down.Venusaur usually does the job and Ken can KO with Vacuum Wave if it is weakened.

Pinsir -
Priority owns this.

Poliwrath -
Venusaur , but it can be annoying as hell if it runs SubPunch.

Roserade -
Fake Out , Registeel.

Sceptile -
Registeel and Fake Out.

Scyther -
SR owns this thing.After that I can KO with some priority moves (yes , priority moves own half the threat list , but w/e.)

Swellow -
Registeel.

Tauros -
Priority(again??????) and Registeel.

Toxicroak - This thing owns my team if it uses a SubPunch set.I usually weaken it with Venusaur.

Typhlosion -
Priority is key.It can KO most of my team.

Ursaring -
More priority.

Venusaur -
Blaziken , Registeel , set up fodder for Missy...yeah , not a problem.

I need some help against the red ones , the fire types and the water types guys :).

1 Suggestion:

My stall team hates for Blaziken to run Stone Edge. It doesnt cripple me, but it is a heavy blow to my team. Since Altaria SHOULD become popular to stall, as it beats CM Missy and Blaziken it helps eliminate a potential threat early in the match.

Is it for only one poke worth it? Idk... Its accuracy can cause surprise to epic fail, but its a good way to take out what I feel is standard mix Blazikens number one counter(or as much of a counter as there can be), so it may be worth a test...

Perhaps you should add a bit more depth to your comments and explanations of each Pokemon? The team itself is nice, but the pictures of your Pokemon, the huge multi-colored titles, and plain old blank space are taking up most of the topic, there is little actual description. Also, you are stretching the page, and your Venusaur picture is broken.

As far as suggestions go:

I would recommend Silk Scarf on Ambipom. People are usually going to be switching their Steel or Rock type into your Fake Out, and if you try to Fake Out Steelix while holding Life Orb you literally hurt yourself more than the opponent. Pursuit could also be used over Payback to hit frail things fleeing from Fake Out, such as Espeon and Roserade.

Use Sludge Bomb on Venusaur, not HP Fire. With minimal investment in SpA, HP Fire is not going to do much to Registeel anyway, and Sludge Bomb hits opposing grass/poisons almost as hard while having much better neutral coverage against things in general, thanks to higher base power and STAB. With Sludge Bomb you are only walled by Registeel who poses almost no offensive threat to a bulky Venusaur, whereas with HP Fire you are handily walled by Altaria and any Fire-type, generally much more dangerous.

Just wanted to point out that sludge bomb still isnt going to be threatening an Altaria on a stall team w/o a crit as it can switch out to get rid of leech seed and altaria can phaze it. Not only that, but if altaria runs only 4 ev's in spe (I use more than that on my altaria simply to outspeed venusaur to answer leech seed variants) you will always outrun this type of venusaur and not have to worry about speed ties getting the better of you.

kind of a moot point.

A point he makes however is he has no answer to Toxicroak and Magneton. Sludgebomb does nothing to solve these issues... and while it may have better overall coverage, sometimes countering specific threats is more important than having maximum coverage.

And if your main problem are Magneton and Toxicroak, Hp Ground seems a better option... You are still walled by Altaria, but so what? Sludge bomb doesnt help beat defensive Altaria w/o a crit and the blue bird forced out from your Azumarill for fear of ice punch.

EDIT:
other people are suggesting you shrink the width of the rmt... I agree with that as this can be an eyesore and while the big letters and pictures are nice, they make the OP large beyond all reason. Maybe shrink the font, and use smaller pictures for your @ a glance pictures. You can get good small sprites from bulbapedia.com and they should help.

You might want to change the pictures because they expand the general view of the page, making reading this truly an epic task. Feel free to PM me if you change the layout and I'll be glad to rate your team.

He has trouble with Toxicroak......but uses Ambipom? Seems to me as though Toxicroak has no chance of sweeping with Ambipom around. SubPunch variants would be more problematic, though I don't see where it's getting in except on Venusaur (assuming Sludge Bomb), who doesn't take much from Focus Punch anyway (I guess repeated Poison Jabs would add up). And yeah, Sludge Bomb isn't a one-way pass to victory against Stalltaria, but not all Altaria are stall variants, and being able to do something to a stall version is still better than doing nothing (i.e. if it's weakened beforehand, Sludge Bomb may be able to finish it, or whatever the case may be). Anyway, one possible solution here would be to simply drop Leech Seed, since he lacks Substitute anyway, and run both Sludge Bomb and Hidden Power.

If you do run Hidden Power, I agree that HP Ground is preferable to HP Fire. This way you are at least able to hit things like Blaziken, instead of giving them free switches which is very dangerous. HP Ground also has the added benefit of smacking Drapion, though you will be unable to do significant damage to Roserade and opposing Venusaur. Also, you're still letting Moltres in for free, which I'd be very uneasy about, but it's up to you. Even here HP Ground is better than HP Fire, you can at least whack Moltres on a predicted Roost with HP Ground.

He has trouble with Toxicroak......but uses Ambipom? Seems to me as though Toxicroak has no chance of sweeping with Ambipom around. SubPunch variants would be more problematic, though I don't see where it's getting in except on Venusaur (assuming Sludge Bomb), who doesn't take much from Focus Punch anyway (I guess repeated Poison Jabs would add up). And yeah, Sludge Bomb isn't a one-way pass to victory against Stalltaria, but not all Altaria are stall variants, and being able to do something to a stall version is still better than doing nothing (i.e. if it's weakened beforehand, Sludge Bomb may be able to finish it, or whatever the case may be). Anyway, one possible solution here would be to simply drop Leech Seed, since he lacks Substitute anyway, and run both Sludge Bomb and Hidden Power.

If you do run Hidden Power, I agree that HP Ground is preferable to HP Fire. This way you are at least able to hit things like Blaziken, instead of giving them free switches which is very dangerous. HP Ground also has the added benefit of smacking Drapion, though you will be unable to do significant damage to Roserade and opposing Venusaur. Also, you're still letting Moltres in for free, which I'd be very uneasy about, but it's up to you. Even here HP Ground is better than HP Fire, you can at least whack Moltres on a predicted Roost with HP Ground.
All of your comments on hp ground covered what I was too lazy to type... thanks. : ) lol

I've only played this team in the event that hax has occured (on both sides), and that I was using a test team, but it seems pretty solid.

However, I do see a glaring SubRoost Moltres weakness. It has so many opportunities to switch-in, and once it gets a Substitute up, you basically are forced to lose a Pokemon at the very least. Azumarill cannot beat it either, since you don't have Waterfall.

There is a pretty simple solution to this however, well two options to be exact. Firstly, you can use Hidden Power Electric on Blaziken to hit Moltres before it Roosts and gives you a move to actually dent it with. This will take away Moltres' opportunity to stall out your team, and also gives it one less Pokemon to switch into. Another option, is to use Double Hit on Ambipom. Not only does it give you a couple more base power than Return, it also gives you a way to break Moltres' Substitutes, as well as any SubSeeders you may come across.

Just a minor fix, nice team!

Thanks guys! Well , yeah , HP ground might be better , I'll test it. I will fix the pics and everything,and I will use smaller letters.I will add the threat list and more pics today.The descriptions will get longer , I promise. and damn it , the Venusaur pic is always broken >_< .

Updated with smaller pictures and made the letters smaller and black. Wtf is OP?? Threat list later. And , don't complain about the Arkeis pics. Everyone uses them.Removed the blank space.Is it fine now , WJC3688?I mean , it was only you that complained about the space and the pics so much. >_<

Silk Scarf all the way on your Ambipom. If you use it late game and have to resort to shuffling it in and out to chain Fake Out, Silk Scarf will save your butt and just might get you one or more Fake Out/U-Turns in. Nice team, I've seen many like it. I'm guessing they're copy cats? ;D

Also OP is "overpowered," I believe the abbreviation was coined in World of Warcraft.

I don't know if you're right about 'OP' being used in WoW to mean overpowered, but in this context I'm certain it means 'original post' lol.

If you have problems with Altaria, simply adding Ice attacks should help to alleviate them. Every member of your team is capable of using an Ice move, except Blaziken, who can and (if Altaria is that problematic) should run Stone Edge. Adding Ice Punch on Registeel and HP Ice on Mismagius look like viable options. HP Ice on Missy might seem weird, but most stall teams rely on Altaria to stop Missy, and I don't see how Altaria will stop a Missy packing HP Ice. It also keeps your Speed IV at 31 to beat other Mismagius. On the other hand, it will be harder for your Missy to beat Absol and Magneton with HP Ice.

Now that you mention Altaria as a huge threat, I think a possible set to run on Venusaur would be Sleep Powder / Energy Ball / HP Ice / Earthquake. Earthquake hits the Toxicroak and Magneton that you are so worried about, and HP Ice takes care of Altaria.

O-o I forgot to mention Stone Edge... I feel like an idiot. Yeah
Blaziken packing stone edge will be pretty helpful if altaria is that big of a deal.

Azumarill has Ice Punch and , I might test SE on Blaziken , seems like a good option , but , when I used it on one of my other teams , I started to lose matches because I didn't have Vacuum wave.Howrever , this team has priority moves so I'll test it.

Okay:
Ambipom:
you still need to make frustration double hit... As HeYsUp pointed out its useful for hitting subseeders as well as stall Moltress. I used it on him in my tests and the accuracy never posed a problem.

Registeel:
Very minor thing.You are in the same speed tier as Regirock, Chansey, and Hariyama. Knowing you outspeed them is a beautiful thing. I run 8 spe. ev's on just about any poke not already running max speed. That way you know you will always beat other Regis to the thunderwave, and their will also never be a speed tie. It will probably never amount to too much, but it has helped me finish off a Chansey more than once (with my Chansey). I suggested 8 because Hariyama and Chansey are suggested to run 4. If you simply cannot play around magneton (which you should be able to) then consider shed shell. I dont think its useful because Magneton itself hasnt seen that much usuage.

Venusaur:
Im still pulling for Hp ground, it seems too helpful to this team to have it. Its not common on venu so you may find yourself surprising people. I do with my Roserade. IF you decide to go with Sludge Bomb, then run some speed ev's to guarantee you outspeed most Altaria and can ko them before they can roost. Speed ev's are a minor thing that really go a long way to fine tuning a team.

Azu:
Looks totally fine. I prefer Ice punch for the extra bit of coverage, but if you run stone edge then you would have less of a reason to run ice punch should you decide you want waterfall. I personally would add 4 more speed if only to beat other Azu's in attacking, but its not really necessary as that is all it would be for and like I said... I overprepare

Blaziken:
As hard as it is for you to get past stall, and with no spinner to remove entry hazards, I dont think you can afford to swtich to Azumarill everytime you are walled by Altaria. For this team, as you already pack priority like you said, I suggest you run stone edge. Its quick and provided it doesnt miss thats one less problem you have to worry about as not many other pokes cant take Blazikens hits for very long. I still have shecks built into my team, but Balziken with Ston Edge is about the worst thing that can happen to a stall team with her as the primary answer to both Missy and Blaziken (both of which you have)
----------

As for your threats:

Altaria- Now covered both offense and defense versions

Slowbro- you have mulitple outs for this thing. Missy wont like thunderwave, but if its has CM, then Slowbro is little more than set up bait. Thunderwaving versions are forced out by Venu.

Absol- just about everyteam is weak to this guy and his dumb ability. You however have checks in the form of Ambipom, Azumarill. As a last ditch attempt, send out missy and sub and pray he uses sucker punch.

Any Fire Type- Now no longer has an easy switchin in the form of Venusaur, and can be taken out by Azu. as well

Toxicroak- Hp Ground wont do alot, but Toxicroak wont like the damage, and it will break his subs in one hit, so he has one less thing to set up on as well.
----------

Thats really about as much help as I think we can give. So you have some weakness, but so does every team. You at least have a game plan for them, which means that there is always a chance against them. Try these suggestions and see if they dont reduce your problem. If they dont, then we will figure something else out.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Okay well this team definitely looks solid and it has very few exploitably weaknesses as i can see. The biggest ones in my opinion are the stalltaria and SD absol. Problem is you can only have a "check"(if you want to call it that) to either of them using blaziken while sacrificing coverage against the other. Vacuum wave destroys absol but stone edge handles altaria. It's a shame this problem is so apparent since both are relatively common. Still I'd keep vacuum wave especially considering that absol has gained A LOT of popularity since honch left UU.

Also i agree 100% with what burton said about the speed evs. The last thing you want is a 20% hp registeel too win a speed tie against your azumarril only to end up exploding. Shockingly i also run 8 speed evs on my registeel lol(ill change it to 12 soon >=l). Id consider running some EV spreads as to outspeed certain pokes that can prove to be annoying.
For example i used to use a poliwrath; poli normally does well against milotic and blastoise but since he is slower he had the tendency of getting hit with a toxic or a yawn from either of them. Shortly after i changed the ev spreads to outspeed them(about 90 evs or so for poliwrath) to outspeed a poke which could have given him some trouble.

One last thing; though it is very minor I'd run sludge bomb over hp ground. As far as i see the advantages of using hp ground are basically limited to hitting registeel since a neutral sludge bomb only has 5 less power than a super effective HP ground on everything else and the more common posion resists are hit by energy ball. Either way registeel cant really hurt venausar while their HP is sapped by leech seed. Sludge bomb also helps against(the more common) grass pokes who would otherwise wall this set such as roserade and whatnot.

One last thing; though it is very minor I'd run sludge bomb over hp ground. As far as i see the advantages of using hp ground are basically limited to hitting registeel since a neutral sludge bomb only has 5 less power than a super effective HP ground on everything else and the more common posion resists are hit by energy ball. Either way registeel cant really hurt venausar while their HP is sapped by leech seed. Sludge bomb also helps against(the more common) grass pokes who would otherwise wall this set such as roserade and whatnot

Roserade is part poison. The only thing he could hit harder is sceptile, and i think hp ground is better. It helps against:

Registee/rock/Steelix
Drapion
ALL Fire types.

It is better.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
dude think about it; regirock is hit harder by an energy ball anyway and steelix only takes 15 more power from hp ground while all fire types are hit only by 5 more power since sludge bomb with stab=135 and SE hp ground=140 BUT you miss out on hurting the ever common moltres which this team isnt particularly strong against. meanwhile with hp ground you can barely hurt roserade whereas with sludge bomb you hit it with a stab 90 base neutral attack.

Drapion is a concern though but not large enough to overwhelm the fact that sludge bombs is probably a better choice.

He mentioned Toxicroak and Magneton specifically, and it has the added bonus of hitting Drapion.

I never noticed it until now, but RP variants of Torterra are a bitch for this team.

W/O stone edge, then a solid stall team just beats this team. He cant catch the stall player by surprise, and so he will be walled out of the match. His only option then would be to predict the switch to Altaria and bring in Azumarril that same turn w/ sr out to weaken and force it out before it gets to recover.

Folgorio spoke the truth when he told you either beat Absol, or you beat Altaria... You just have to choose which you want to beat. Beating the other poke will require you outsmarting the opponent.

I would say try Hp ground for a little while longer, then test Sludge Bomb for a while. See which works best for you as they both help against certain opponents.
NOTE- If you run Sludge Bomb make SURE you run 12- 14 ev's in speed to outrun defensive Altaria its potentially a second way(or your main way if you use vacuum wave) to kill it if it comes in on rocks and has to take 2 sludge bombs as well. Basically it has to be very close to max health or it is done for.

P.S. We werent complaining about the arkeis pics by themselves, but when they were together in the at a glance section they made the post wider. I love those pics, no hate on them at all. I didnt know Venusaur looked so cool, that picc alone makes me want to use it.

I suppose this went totally unnoticed:

Now that you mention Altaria as a huge threat, I think a possible set to run on Venusaur would be Sleep Powder / Energy Ball / HP Ice / Earthquake. Earthquake hits the Toxicroak and Magneton that you are so worried about, and HP Ice takes care of Altaria.
HP Ice is also allowing you to do something to other Grassers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)