Tournament UU Snake Draft II - Finals [Won by TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion

Shout-outs to lydian for the banner and Ticken for the Records Spreadsheet.

Announcements
Season Schedule
Records Spreadsheet

Tournament Rules and General Guidelines

:ss/primarina:

TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name (7) vs. (3) Paniola Primarinas

SS: lax vs. EternalSnowman
SS: Aliss vs. Star
SS: dunoks vs. xavgb
SM: Xiri vs. Santu
ORAS: Pak vs. DrReuniclus
BW: choolio vs. Lily
DPP: watashi vs. Heysup
ADV: eden vs. Hyogafodex
GSC: Raichy vs. Holly
RBY: Amaranth vs. Koalacance

TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name ( ) vs. ( ) Paniola Primarinas

ADV: eden vs. Hyogafodex

Deadline for Finals is Sunday 16th January @ 11.59 PM EST.

Best of luck to both teams!​

Last edited:

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
SS: lax vs. EternalSnowman - think lax in SS is a much better idea, should work out correctly
SS: Aliss vs. Star - idk Aliss could just get some crazy good match up though
SS: dunoks vs. xavgb - this guy giving dark horse vibes
SM: Xiri vs. Santu - sm uu goat
ORAS: Pak vs. DrReuniclus - if anybody can get a good read it'll be the doctor but going by the sheet for now
BW: choolio vs. Lily - think he understands how to build correctly in this tier to overcome the ever-punishing RNG but should be a good one
DPP: watashi vs. Heysup - gut feeling
ADV: eden vs. Hyogafodex - meme predict but ig im trying for the upset here
GSC: Raichy vs. Holly - she supposedly breathes this damn tier idk
RBY: Amaranth vs. Koalacance - if Amaranth hadn't been playing from the start I'd disfavor him but

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

We're back again with another UU Snake Draft II coverage vid, many thanks to Adaam, esche, Shiba, TSR, and Wanka for joining up. Hope you all enjoyed the series, maybe I'll be back with the goons for the next UUPL!

Juurk prediction rate = 116/214 = 54.2%

TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name (6) vs. (4) Paniola Primarinas

ADV: eden vs. Hyogafodex (call bias)

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
ggs guys, you were strong asf all tour and I doubt anyone expected a different result. Not gonna write anything too long but I wanna give a big s/o to my team for being amazing and carrying my washed ass. Was nice to have a good performance after a shaky start.

think this tour was a great success tbh, almost no hiccups whatsoever, we saw a bunch of new and solid SS players pop off (as well as some new ppl in oldgens too!) while also getting to watch and enjoy RBY UU which I thought was pretty cool. looking forward to possibly running it back w/ the prims next year and maybe even winning this time!

also huuuuge thanks to DugZa and Alkione for kindly offering to host and making this an extremely smooth experience all in all. you guys are great and I hope you'd both be willing to help out again in future!! tyvm :D

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
This was probably the best team I've ever been on in the context of its tournament. After the draft I felt like we did about as well as we could have from our position, but with the nature of snake drafts, it's always kinda hard for teams to distinguish themselves from the others too much on paper. Not gonna lie when we started week 1 0-3 or something like that I was worried this was just going to be UUPL part 2. Then we ended up winning that week and it just kept rolling from there. I've never been on a team where I was basically never worried about the result on a weekly basis quite like this, and it even extended into playoffs. It wasn't the most active chat or anything, especially with the extended weeks, but this was super pain free from that perspective. I tend to get a little too into these things so that's saying a lot. So yeah shoutouts to all my teammates for just doing things and executing and also pearl for entertaining my endless rambling. Also to august for being the real manager.

Speaking of rambling, I guess this is a good place to do some Pokemon ranting. I know this wasn't the biggest tournament ever, but I do take these subforum UU things fairly seriously since there aren't that many other settings to play my favorite tiers and I do love this community. I've talked a bit about this before, but historically I've never had a great relationship with this game since I relied a little too much on it for a competitive outlet and even meaningless validation since I didn't have a ton going on irl and needed something. I've always enjoyed the game to some extent, mainly building, otherwise I wouldn't have kept playing, but when it came to the factors outside the game itself, a lot of the time it felt like more added stress than fun. In a lot of tournaments like this, but especially in officials, I would constantly have mini confidence crises and hold myself to completely unrealistic standards. 2018 was when I had my main success in officials, but ultimately, the only real fun aspects were building and the team environments. Beyond that, I would put too much stock into what people thought about me and get caught up in way too much bullshit along those lines. Aside from that, my other big goal was to win UUPL and we ended up doing so in 2019. With that said, I dedicated wayyyyy too much time and energy to that tour and if we didn't win then it would've felt like the end of the world. When I finally took a step back, I felt like I had done all I really wanted to do on this site, feeling more pressure not to lose in whatever tour I'd sign up for instead of just trying to have fun.

This year has had a lot of growth for me as a person irl, and I don't think it was much of a coincidence that this is when it all came together, at least in the main tournaments I cared about, being in the UU community. Between UUPL, classic, and then UU snake, this is by far the best I've ever felt with the game itself, whether it was building, playing, or most of all, mentality. A couple years ago, if I was going for a lot of money in UUPL or picked highly in tours like this, then I'd be worrying about all the ways it could go wrong instead of focusing on enjoying it. This time around my confidence never really seemed to waver, and personally it makes me really happy to be able to say that. I would constantly feel like I wasn't doing well enough or not doing enough for the team overall, and ultimately it was never really worth the investment. With that said, it's so hard to just filter out all these random thoughts. Ironically by far the most stressful weeks for me this tour were when we were already in playoffs and I was playing for record more than anything. It was hard for this tournament to have gone much better, but that stretch specifically was so frustrating for me and the fact that this meaningless stretch was that frustrating made it even more annoying.

I still feel like I was a little too rigid in the builder this tour and that there's still so much more to do beyond my existing views, but I guess it worked out. It kind of is just my nature to never be satisfied with my performance in anything really, and it's certainly helped along the way, but it's honestly fucking annoying to not be able to just enjoy things for what they are a lot of the time. I've definitely made a lot of progress in this area, but it's still hard to keep things in perspective all the time. Like honestly, if I were to give any advice to some newer players in the community, it's to remember to try to have fun through whatever, since there's no point in participating otherwise. It's fine to be critical of yourself and understand where you can improve, but that should only go so far and remembering why you log on in the first place should take priority.

edit: ALSO eden OWES ME PRE

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Ayo, this tournament was amazing. Teaming up with Amaranth is always a good time and I'm glad to have gotten the opportunity to play as well, it was definitely one of the better games I've had, even if I did lose! Everyone on the team was a joy to be around, but I'd like to particularly thank Pearl and TDK for being so accomodating during my low points. I'm also glad the team was at least interested in the tier I'm here for as well, even if it was difficult for them to help out - and sometimes a catalyst for frustration - the thought goes a long way with me. It's also fun seeing the surprise people have when I come around with big prep material week after week~

This was a ride and a half and I hope to see everyone around on other teams down the line!

Now to figure out the best way to take down Amaranth's team in the Ubers Winter Team Tour...hehe :blobnom:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)