UU Spotlight: Salamence

In the article, it mentions the Special LO Defogger twice with the same description.

Other than that, great article!

tdp edit: ty, fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Article said:
And they were right—its Speed, power, and bulk were too much for OU to handle. So, that left regular Salamence back in UU. And in UU, it's one of the most dangerous Pokémon in the tier. Its great movepool and solid overall base stats allow it to run a wide variety of sets, ranging from physical sweeper to mixed wallbreaker and even a physically defensive set. This means it can fit on teams of almost any style and has very few guaranteed counters. Fairy-types are less common in UU as well, and apart from Diancie, none of them have good physical bulk. Salamence is one of the most threatening Pokémon in the tier—don't expect your team to be successful if you don't prepare for it.
Random capital "S" on speed. Saying "in UU" twice in a row isn't optimal imo. I would personally say this instead "...back in UU. And there, it's one of the most dangerous..." though I'm sure there are other alternatives too.
+
Typo on Forretress in the 2nd to last paragraph.

Good read!

tdp edit: ok on those

Last edited by a moderator:

Threw

cohiba
Excellent article. More than simply explaining how great Salamence is, I think it can be used as a sort of benchmark to measure what an S rank mon in UU really looks like. I would challenge anyone who still believes Gyarados deserves to be the same rank as Mence to compare Gyara to this dragon's sheer power and incredible versatility.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
A few things I noticed that I didn't like:

CroCune doesn't check DD Mence without getting lucky, RoarCune with rocks up could be considered a check but CM RestTalk rly shouldn't be listed as a check unless we officially accept Scald burns as a reliable means of dealing with threats(Lum tho D:)

Gardevoir doesn't handle any Mence set at all well, that's actually one of garde's biggest flaws so remove that from defensive checks.

DD Gyara is probably a better teammate for cleaning than DD Gatr in the section for partners to mix, you stack rock weaknesses but you also stack double Intim and most of the time Gatr wants to be running SD as that's its biggest UU niche.

Pory2 can lose to Moxie Life Orb due to not tracing Intim and it commonly running some SpDef but it's rare, probs worth a mention though.

The rest of the article was a very pleasant read so gj man :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)