[UU] Starting my first team! ~ Need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have played Pokemon for around 10 years now, but I am just now interested in joining the meta-game. I am sure you will be able to tell based on what is to follow, but I have no idea what I am doing, at all.

I am not trying to make a fantastic team--I am trying to use a very strange combination of pokemon (preferably earlier generation pokemon). I have just started my first team, so I would appreciate any help with continuing it.

I am trying to use pokemon for roles they would not ordinarily be used for and I would like for any suggestions to consider this. I do still wish to win, so please, if you have any ideas, post them. I would prefer not to use legendary or sudo-legendary -pokemon.

Thanks.

This is what I have so far:

Nidoqueen
Role: Lead
Move 1: Toxic Spikes
Move 2: Stealth Rock
Move 3: Taunt
Move 4: Rest
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 64 SpD / 128 Spd

Mandibuzz
Role: Specially Defensive
Move 1: Roost
Move 2: Whirlwind
Move 3: Taunt
Move 4: U-Turn
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

I know it's not much--I have no idea what to do. :toast:

breh

強いだね
Welcome to Smogon.

I'd suggest posting something like this in the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread of this subforum. This isn't a very fleshed out post; if you're looking for rather simple team advice, you ought to head there.

Conversely, if you complete the team and add descriptions for each party member (relevant synergies, a few sentences about the role of the party member, etc.), you can post it in the RMT forum for others to critique and suggest new members / moves. Look at a few examples before posting your own team. In addition, also before posting your team, playtest it a bit on Pokemon Showdown! (once it gets back online, anyway).

Anyway, as it is, both of those Pokemon are currently RU; Nidoqueen is okay in UU, I'd assume, but Mandibuzz is quite bad. In any case, Poison Point Nidoqueen is fairly bad; it's even worse without any attacks; Earth Power is a given on any set and, if you want perfect coverage in two moves, you might as well run Ice Beam. I suggest you run Sheer Force (which gives Nidoqueen a bit of appreciated oomph) and Leftovers (Lum Berry is unnecessary when Nidoqueen can't be Poisoned and doesn't really lose much being burned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)