UU Team - five is a four letter word

I threw this team together pretty quickly back in September and you might have seen the previous RMT I did that has basically the same team. After a lot of play, the team has done surprisingly well. Each member helps destroy certain checks such as all offense, stall, set up teams, etc. I've done pretty well but I still want to hear some feedback.

Just in case you forgot, it's all UU.

Venusaur (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 236 HP/20 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Sleep Powder

Nice way to start out the fight. Decent bulk with incredible power. Nothing except a 4x resist can get away from a 2HKO Leaf Storm. Sludge Bomb is the STAB move of choice to scout and not suffer the SpA loss. HP: Psychic to hit the copious amount of poisons in UU, which wall this set otherwise. Sleep Powder is a great move later in the game when opponents don't suspect it. Attack first, ask questions later.

Toxicroak (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch

I used to have a BulkUp Polywrath here until a few days ago. I basically wanted a substitute stat upper that could absorb water, so I'm giving Toxicroak a go. Has a great amount of resistences and SubPunchx2 is just a great strat. This does add to my fire weakness Polywrath was covering, but I've had some success with him. He does provide a priority attack, which I think every team should have.

Ninetales (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Energy Ball

Pretty much the Heatran of UU, bar almost always being scarfed. HP:Rock for much greater coverage. Not a ton to explain here. Potent threat that absorbs my teams fire weakness and fires off strong attacks at high speeds.

Steelix (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/120 Atk/136 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

A great utility pokemon that has enough enough bulk to even take super effective attack or two. Part 1 of my defensive core. Sets up rocks, pHazes, provides a kill or two on its own. There's a reason why this thing is used so often.

Drifblim (F) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 144 Def/52 Spd/252 SAtk/60 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Suicide sweeper that stops so many teams in their track. +1 SpA and Spe just from getting down to 25%, which is pretty easy with sub and CM, stops so many unprepared teams. Unresisted coverage, good switch in opportunities and a lot of power. All offense teams have a great time with this. Stopped by only the bulkiest of the bulky.

Clefable (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/4 Spd/100 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Encore
- Wish
- Protect
- Trick

Clefable has a beastly ability and is just a great pokemon in general. This is probably the "gayest" set ever, and for good reason. Encore helps set up my entire team. Protect can scout the switch or to see if they stay in. Wish for team support and also works great with protect. Protect also helps scout choice users or take the obvious explosion. Trick to deal with all the trickers even the UU metagame gets to enjoy, as well as switching a Flame Orb either onto physical sweepers or trading lefties from a wall. MVP.

My team has pretty decent resistance coverage, great amounts of power, and good team support. I've had a good record with this team and this is by far my favorite team. So I want to hear some feedback!

Ive been testing out this team on the ladder and its great. Sorry if you didnt want me too though. The only trouble is the Toxicroak. It really gets stalled out by ghosts and this is coming from personal experience. Try the Sub Double punch with a 4th mov over SD and a bulkier spread. You lose power but can really hurt a good number of pokes in the process. Thats really the only problem I had when using the team. I appoligize again if you didnt like me using the team

It's cool seeing someone else use my team. I've been having a little trouble with Toxicroak as well, but that may be due to me being used to Bulk Up Wrath in that position earlier. I'll look into the SD suggestion, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)