UU team

I've been out of the game for a while, so I've decided to make a team to hopefully get back into it.

Hitmonchan@ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
48 HP/ 252 Atk / 208 Spd
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
He serves as my primary starter. First turn he uses Bulk Up to boost his attack and defense. Drain Punch to recover any health lost from using Bulk Up, Ice Punch for grounds and fliers, Stone Edge for Froslass. Iron Fist powers up Ice Punch and Drain Punch.

Rotom@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Light Screen
This has many opportunities to switch in due to its 3 immunities. WoW to burn physical attackers, Light Screen to weaken those special attacks, and Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt for STAB.

Cacturne@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Lonely Nature
204 SAtk / 252 Atk / 52 Spd
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Grass Knot
- Focus Punch
SubPuncher. Sub on a potential switch, Sucker Punch to hit faster foes and STAB, Focus Punch for darks and steels, Grass Knot for heavy foes and STAB.

Phione@ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Rest
- Toxic
Rain Rester. Rain Dance sets up the rain in order to activate its Hydration ability. Rest to heal itself while Hydration wakes it up. Surf for STAB, and Toxic to poison foes Surf can't hit.

Aggron@ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar
Swellow counter. Lays down SR, EQ for rocks and steels, Roar to rack up SR damage.

Claydol@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SAtk
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
Spinner and Fighting counter. Rapid rids of Stealth Rocks and other entry hazards. Psychic helps it beat fighters and poison types as well as STAB, Earth Power for STAB, Ice Beam for anything else.

I'm not feeling the need for Phione in this team. It seems pretty random, and if you want a water type, try CMDuck, and drop Ice Beam on Claydol for something else.

You probably won't be needing Grass Knot in UU, everything is really light, so go for Seed Bomb if you don't want to split EVs, or Energy Ball otherwise.

Oh, and Drain Punch? Seriously? It's really, really weak. I would recommend this as your lead.

Hitmonchan @ Choice Scarf
Iron Fist
Jolly/Adamant
252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch/Mach Punch

Rotom is good, nice to see a Screen Rotom instead of the usual Trickspecs.

Overall, you could do better.

I agree with Rinsting in saying: Phione? Not feeling in that spot. As it is, Ninetales can dominate you since Phione can't take a LO Nasty Plot Energy Ball. Miltank would fit in well. Scarf Chan is a better lead as a Focus Sash Froslass can easily set up 2-3 layers of Spikes in Chan's face. All in all though, a good team.

I wouldn't recommend Scarf on Hitmonchan.. there are other fighters that use it better (Hitmonlee and Primeape). That Bulk Up set could actually work, although on Hitmonchan I personally feel that the Agility set is the most effective. You team seriously lacks in speed so a scarfer might be better as a lead here.

Cacturne with Grass Knot? not that useful in UU. Might as well give it Seed Bomb and 252 Spd EVs so he could actually do something.

Aggron & Claydol: Claydol is a far superior at setting up Stealth Rock, as it gets plenty more opportunities to switch in. I know from experience that Aggron has better things to do than waste a moveslot on SR. SubPunch, Stone Edge and Avalanche makes a great moveset and it could be abused when Swellow is around.

Phione is totally out of place here.. what are you tryign to do? give Kabutops a free Rain Dance to massacre your team? =\
A Restalk Lanturn in this spot could help you sponge special hits better so you don't get completely swept by Ninetales.

Thanks for the advice. I'll replace Phione with ResTalk Lanturn, give Cacturne Seed Bomb, and i'll do the SubPunch, Stone Edge, Avalanche moveset rkatzam suggested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)