UU Threat List

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whenever the OP gets back on he should really note which analyses have yet to be completed. Its hard to do work if you dont know whats left.

I find it odd that Emboar is strong enough to OHKO most things, but isn't fast enough to do such. After one Flame Charge with a Jolly Nature he reaches Base 106-107 speed however, which allows him to be useful outside of Trick Room.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Except that he still gets outsped by a bunch of threats, espescially with aall the Scarfers running around UU. Not to mention the hit he has to take to set up that speed. While he has nice HP, his Defenses are sub-par at best.

Except that he still gets outsped by a bunch of threats, espescially with aall the Scarfers running around UU. Not to mention the hit he has to take to set up that speed. While he has nice HP, his Defenses are sub-par at best.
well he is still a threat regardless, just a very gimmicky and situational one at that.

The idea behind using Flame Charge with Emboar is to use it when you know the enemy is going to switch.

"Gimmicky and Situational threat" is kind of an oxymoron. Emboar is a real monster in Trick Room, especially once he gets a legal Reckless. Flare Blitz from Reckless Brave Emboar in Trick Room is NOTHING to scoff at.

At the risk of sounding biased, where's Gallade? That 125 Attack and 115 Special Defense is epic for a UU mon.
He is good but I wouldn't say he is a threat. That and I don't really see anyone use him in UU.

He has good typing, but his STAB moves are aimed towards pokemon who usually lean more toward the physical side (Attack not Sp Attack) so the Special Defense stat isn't going to help you much. His low HP, Def and Speed aren't doing much in his favor either.

Both his abilities are lame as well. Most pokemon do not pack flinching moves, so Steadfast is useless, and I doubt that Dark types are going to attack Gallade to activate Justified (although you could switch him into them but there are better abilities he could have)

I think Gallade is an extreme thread. Bulk Up Gallade with Drain Punch and priority? Yes please. Switch in on a Htimontop or Ambipom and proceed to sweep with +1 Speed, and if that's not enough, throw in a Swords Dance or two. Or just switch into a Dark type attack to boost your attack and break walls if speed isn't your aim. Gallade is extremely threatening in UU. Let's not forget why we made it BL last generation.

breh

強いだね
At the risk of sounding biased, where's Gallade? That 125 Attack and 115 Special Defense is epic for a UU mon.
It's not particularly bad, but it faces issues with low move bp (ignoring CC). Otherwise, bulk up is ruined by status since it can't run rest and 2 attacks simultaneously if using bulk up.

That's the worst I can see, really. TBH though, Gallade is decent enough for an "analysis".

@Sax kng: if you SWITCH on fake out, you don't flinch lol (I.E. don't run steadfast)

the fact that you don't use LO pretty much makes the whole point irrelevant, furthermore the wobbuffet still has to predict around your attack because you can continue to SD at + 6.
LO isn't always the best item for attackers (especially Steel-types), nor is it the only non-Choice item they can use. See Metagross, Excadrill, Terrakion, Heatran, Tyranitar, Garchomp, etc.; IMO, Cobalion is better suited holding an Air Balloon, but that's just my preference.

I think Gallade is an extreme thread. Bulk Up Gallade with Drain Punch and priority? Yes please. Switch in on a Htimontop or Ambipom and proceed to sweep with +1 Speed, and if that's not enough, throw in a Swords Dance or two. Or just switch into a Dark type attack to boost your attack and break walls if speed isn't your aim. Gallade is extremely threatening in UU. Let's not forget why we made it BL last generation.
Last generation was different. I honestly don't think he is a threat. At least not against my teams. He does have great typing though.

It's not particularly bad, but it faces issues with low move bp (ignoring CC). Otherwise, bulk up is ruined by status since it can't run rest and 2 attacks simultaneously if using bulk up.

That's the worst I can see, really. TBH though, Gallade is decent enough for an "analysis".

@Sax kng: if you SWITCH on fake out, you don't flinch lol (I.E. don't run steadfast)
I'd think low BP is the least of his worries. Stone Edge? Earthquake? Leaf Blade? Zen Headbutt (kinda)? Although he can't really run EQ/LB without running into 4-moveslot syndrome...
I would've thought Gallade's main issues would be being outclassed offensively by Heracross and defensively by Hitmontop, and it's low speed.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LO isn't always the best item for attackers (especially Steel-types), nor is it the only non-Choice item they can use. See Metagross, Excadrill, Terrakion, Heatran, Tyranitar, Garchomp, etc.; IMO, Cobalion is better suited holding an Air Balloon, but that's just my preference.
Cobalion has 90 base attack, pokemon like tyranitar / terrakion / garchomp can afford to not hold LO because they have extremely high attack stats. Cobalion REALLY needs the LO boost.

Well, since nobody else is doing it I'll go ahead and do Azumarill.

Azumarill
Water
100 HP/50 Atk/80 Def/50 SpA/80 SpD/50 Spe
While it might not seem like much, Azumarill is sure to be one of the top threats in UU. A Choice Banded Azumarill with Huge Power can reach a whopping 654 attack, and the lack of speed can be made up for in STAB, priority Aqua Jet. Max attack Aqua Jet can OHKO almost anything that it's Super Effective against, and Azumarill has enough bulk to take a couple of hits in order to deal a good amount of damage. Azumarill also packs a pretty diverse movepool, commonly carrying Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Ice Punch, Superpower, Return, or Toxic. It can also run a SubPunch set to catch its opponent off guard.

There are plenty of ways to deal with Azumarill however. Bulky Water-types such as Slowbro, Milotic, and Suicune can usually put a stop to Azumarill unless it runs Toxic. Choice Band Azumarill can be very powerful but relies heavily on predicting your opponent's next move. Azumarill's lack of speed and no recovery move are also some key weaknesses to look out for.

This is my first post here so feel free to make any changes or just not use this at all. I just wanted to try giving this great pokemon a description.

Can't believe nobody's done Mew yet. If I accidentally missed it and am stepping on someone's toes ignore this.

100 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe

Mew has been a staple of the Uber tier since Generation I (and was largely the impetus for the creation of Ubers, along with Mewtwo) so its descent into UU has caused a lot of stir. However, Mew feels right at home in the UU metagame, able to abuse his legendary versatility without fear of being outclassed by the power creep of OU. Mew's gargantuan movepool is its biggest selling point by far: being able to learn nearly every move in the game, and having solid stats across the board, Mew can take on almost any role imaginable. Surprise is a big factor in utilizing Mew; while on most Pokemon uncommon sets are often frowned upon, Mew's effectiveness comes from the fact that it's nearly impossible to predict. From sweeping with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot or Calm Mind, to spreading status and Baton Passing, or supporting with Roost and Will-o-Wisp, Mew can do it all.

Mew isn't perfect, however. Pure Psychic is an awfully bland type that affords Mew a fairly mediocre STAB and few resistances, while weaknesses to Ghost and Dark make Mew a target for strong sweepers like Bisharp and Mismagius. Mew is also exceptionally vulnerable to fast Taunts from the likes of Azelf, as it's rarely threatening without having time to set up. Despite this, Mew can easily get the jump on your opponent and swing the match into your favor.

Cobalion has 90 base attack, pokemon like tyranitar / terrakion / garchomp can afford to not hold LO because they have extremely high attack stats. Cobalion REALLY needs the LO boost.
But, everyone here claims that he can "get a SD boost" and Air Balloon helps him further achieve that. I'm the kind of person that puts EV's into Speed or Defenses (depending on the Poké) if the Pokémon has a reliable way of boosting its attacking stats, like I wouldn't run Modest max SpA/Spe NP Porygon-Z since I know many things can outspeed it; instead I'd use Modest Scarf or Timid NP/Specs.

Not everyone has the same playstyle.

How about Walrein? With the help of constant Hail, it can be one annoying Pokémon with SubProtect along with Leftovers and Ice Body. It has solid 110/90/90 defenses, so it is likely able to survive a hit, set up a sub, and stall for all eternity (32 turns) while the opponent takes residual damage from Hail. There is also that usable base 95 Special Attack with which it can utilize STAB Surf and Blizzard (with perfect accuracy in hail). You know, all that good stuff.
Also paired with super fang and toxic you can throw alot more ev's twards its def's and it will really be able to take hits

Texas Cloverleaf

90/82/87/75/85/76

Nidoqueen returns to UU in a similar vein to where it was in the previous generation in comparison to her brother, Nidoking. Nidoqueen boasts an extremely diverse offensive and support movepool that allows her to run both offensive roles and defensive roles effectively.

Nidoqueens main appeal comes from her ability to easily set up Toxic Spikes, useful on both stall teams and teams requiring a defensive pivot. Her respectable defenses and excellent defensive typing provide her many oppurtunities to swicth in on common offensive pokemon and force them out. The most common threats she deals with are SD+Taunt Cobalion, Heracross and SubRoost Zapdos, all of whose main attacking options she resists. She is also capable of setting up Stealth Rocks or spreading status with her access to Thunder Wave and Toxic, should you choose to go that route.

Despite Nidoqueens penchant for defensive ability she is able to hit quite hard on the offensive side with her Dream World ability, Sheer Force. While an outright sweeper set is better left to Nidoking, Nidoqueen can sacrifice her recovery and abuse her diverse added-effect movepool and lack of Life Orb recoil to hit heavily against opposing pokemon that would otherwise force her to switch. Notable moves suited for this role include Earth Power, Sludge Wave, Thunder, and Fire Blast.

Despite her benefits Nidoqueen also suffers from a few drawbacks. Her poison typing gives her weaknesses to both ground and psychic typings. While the former is now more rarely seen, the latter is quite frequent with the numerous psychic types tunning around the tier. On the other side of her typing she suffers from Ice and Water weaknesses that can be crippling against the common Hail teams and bulky waters such as Suicune. This bulk is further compromised if she chooses to run Life Orb as she can no longer safely switch into Heracross as a Choice Band version will 2HKO her.

Despite these drawbacks, Nidoqueen remains an excellent addition to any UU team, particularly one which needs the benefit of Toxic Spikes.

Didn't see a Cobalion one so here it is.

91/90/129/90/72/108

As the leader of the three musketeers Cobalion provided a thoroughly dissapointing performance in OU where it was overshadowed by its two brothers. Entering UU, Cobalion redemms itslef, becoming a firmly entrenched threat to many teams.

At first glance one notices Cobalion's excellent 108 base speed, allowing it to outpace most of the unScarfed tier, quite useful as many of its sets carry Taunt to stop stall pokemon. While its average 90 base offenses and paltry base 72 Special Defense may seem like weak points at first, Cobalion has ways to remove both of those problems in the form of Swords Dance and Calm Mind. With these moves, in conjunction with Taunt Cobalion is able to safely boost its chosen attack stat while avoiding potentially crippling status.

The Swords Dance set is the most common set run by Cobalion as it is able to set up quicker and defeat stall teams easier. Cobalion is able to easily set up on pokemon like Deoxys-D, Chansey and Mew, although in Mew's case it must be wary of Aura Sphere. The set provides excellent coverage between Close Combat and Stone Edge, forgoing Iron Head due to its redundant coverage with Close Combat. While this set is effective there are a couple of pokemon that do beat it. Both Nidoqueen and Nidoking resist its main attacking option, KOing in return with Earth Power, while the omni-present physical wall, Slowbro can comfortably take a Stone Edge, heal any damage and attack with one of its three main attacking moves. The main dilemma on Cobalion is the choice between LO and Leftovers. If one choose Life Orb the are vulnerable to being worn down by smart switching and being killed by something like Raikou, but if you dont you miss a kill on Wobbufett at +6.

The Calm Mind set is a much slower pokemon to set up but still effective. This set abuses its STAB options in Focus Blast and Flash Cannon with the last slot going to a selected hidden power type or Taunt. With Cobalions lack of recovery it can usually only get 2 or 3 boosts but is still useful in getting by usual Cobalion checks such as Slowbro and fast speacial attackers, although Chansey will now be able to wall you. In addition, one can choose to run Sacred Sword. As Sacred Sword is a special move, its power gets boosted by Calm Mind, however, Sacred Sword hits the opponent for physical damage, meaning that things like Chansey and Calm Mind Suicune no longer wall you.

With its immunity to poison type status Cobalion is also capable of running a support set. Having a plethora of resistances and access to Thunder Wave and Taunt, Cobalion will find many occasions stop a set-up and spread status. However this set suffers from a distinct lack of power. As Iron Head is the STAB of choice, due to Close Combat's side effect negating the purpose of this set, Cobalion suffers from both coverage issues and an unboosted Iron Head coming off of an unboosted 90 base attack stat.

Despite Cobalion's shortcomings, it is an excellent member of the UU tier capable of causing huge damage to opposing team members.

90/82/87/75/85/76

Nidoqueen returns to UU in a similar vein to where it was in the previous generation in comparison to her brother, Nidoking. Nidoqueen boasts an extremely diverse offensive and support movepool that allows her to run both offensive roles and defensive roles effectively.

Nidoqueens main appeal comes from her ability to easily set up Toxic Spikes, useful on both stall teams and teams requiring a defensive pivot. Her respectable defenses and excellent defensive typing provide her many oppurtunities to swicth in on common offensive pokemon and force them out. The most common threats she deals with are SD+Taunt Cobalion, Heracross and SubRoost Zapdos, all of whose main attacking options she resists. She is also capable of setting up Stealth Rocks or spreading status with her access to Thunder Wave and Toxic, should you choose to go that route.

Despite Nidoqueens penchant for defensive ability she is able to hit quite hard on the offensive side with her Dream World ability, Sheer Force. While an outright sweeper set is better left to Nidoking, Nidoqueen can sacrifice her recovery and abuse her diverse added-effect movepool and lack of Life Orb recoil to hit heavily against opposing pokemon that would otherwise force her to switch. Notable moves suited for this role include Earth Power, Sludge Wave, Thunder, and Fire Blast.

Despite her benefits Nidoqueen also suffers from a few drawbacks. Her poison typing gives her weaknesses to both ground and psychic typings. While the former is now more rarely seen, the latter is quite frequent with the numerous psychic types tunning around the tier. On the other side of her typing she suffers from Ice and Water weaknesses that can be crippling against the common Hail teams and bulky waters such as Suicune. This bulk is further compromised if she chooses to run Life Orb as she can no longer safely switch into Heracross as a Choice Band version will 2HKO her.

Despite these drawbacks, Nidoqueen remains an excellent addition to any UU team, particularly one which needs the benefit of Toxic Spikes.

Didn't see a Cobalion one so here it is.

91/90/129/90/72/108

As the leader of the three musketeers Cobalion provided a thoroughly dissapointing performance in OU where it was overshadowed by its two brothers. Entering UU, Cobalion redemms itslef, becoming a firmly entrenched threat to many teams.

At first glance one notices Cobalion's excellent 108 base speed, allowing it to outpace most of the unScarfed tier, quite useful as many of its sets carry Taunt to stop stall pokemon. While its average 90 base offenses and paltry base 72 Special Defense may seem like weak points at first, Cobalion has ways to remove both of those problems in the form of Swords Dance and Calm Mind. With these moves, in conjunction with Taunt Cobalion is able to safely boost its chosen attack stat while avoiding potentially crippling status.

The Swords Dance set is the most common set run by Cobalion as it is able to set up quicker and defeat stall teams easier. Cobalion is able to easily set up on pokemon like Deoxys-D, Chansey and Mew, although in Mew's case it must be wary of Aura Sphere. The set provides excellent coverage between Close Combat and Stone Edge, forgoing Iron Head due to its redundant coverage with Close Combat. While this set is effective there are a couple of pokemon that do beat it. Both Nidoqueen and Nidoking resist its main attacking option, KOing in return with Earth Power, while the omni-present physical wall, Slowbro can comfortably take a Stone Edge, heal any damage and attack with one of its three main attacking moves. The main dilemma on Cobalion is the choice between LO and Leftovers. If one choose Life Orb the are vulnerable to being worn down by smart switching and being killed by something like Raikou, but if you dont you miss a kill on Wobbufett at +6.

The Calm Mind set is a much slower pokemon to set up but still effective. This set abuses its STAB options in Focus Blast and Flash Cannon with the last slot going to a selected hidden power type or Taunt. With Cobalions lack of recovery it can usually only get 2 or 3 boosts but is still useful in getting by usual Cobalion checks such as Slowbro and fast speacial attackers, although Chansey will now be able to wall you.

With its immunity to poison type status Cobalion is also capable of running a support set. Having a plethora of resistances and access to Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock as well as Taunt, Cobalion will find many occasions to set-up or spread status. However this set suffers from a distinct lack of power. As Iron Head is the STAB of choice, due to Close Combat's sied effect negating the purpose of this set, Cobalion suffers from both coverage issues and an unboosted Iron Head coming off of an unboosted 90 base attack stat.

Despite Cobalion's shortcomings, it is an excellent member of the UU tier capable of causing huge damage to opposing team members.
Cobalion can't learn Stealth Rock. Also if you wish better coverage on the support set, use Sacred Sword. It also allows you to push through pokemon who have set up a couple of Curses or Bulk Up.

Why is Omastar not up there? I've been using him all day and he wrecks if their special wall is out, and devastates even them after two shell smashes. If you add him, I reserve doing his threat assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)