Tournament UU Trio Tour 2- Won by Wanka- Last friday at 11:47 AM- idt you understand the consequences of winning a college soccer game

Approved by UU mods, ty everyone :)

prim.png

art done by the amazing lei , thank you so much!

Hello everyone! This is the Second Edition of the UU Trio tour (hosted by Codename Magnum and Yours Truly), a UU tournament where you team up with two of your friends on Smogon to play a best-of-three against another team in SWSH UU! This is a single elimination tournament in which replays are required for every round. Every member of the winning team will be able to get a custom avatar on Pokemon Showdown! (the avatar will be the same for all 3 players so come to a consensus on what you want).

To sign up, you and your teammates must have Smogon accounts, and only one of you needs to have a sign up post. You must tag your friends in the post and must also give yourselves a team name! (feel free to make a banner if you want). Additionally, you are allowed to sign up with a team of only two or as a free agent and throughout the signup period the hosts will do their best to pair you with other free agents to get a full team.

Da Rules

• This is a standard SS UU tournament.
  • Teams will consist of three players.
  • Each individual game will be played in BO1. The team with the most wins in each matchup will advance to next round.
  • This is a single elimination tournament.
  • All matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown or the Smogtours server.
  • Replays are necessary for each round.
  • Any tier changes that occur during a round will not be in effect until the following round
  • Extensions will be granted for this tournament if necessary. PM myself (Monky25 #1759) or Codename Magnum (Magnum #5270) on discord to request an extension.
  • Tour banned people are NOT allowed to play
  • Ghosting will not be allowed, even with your own teammates. If one ghosts we will cut them from the tour. If there is no widespread involvement and the other two members having nothing to do with it, then I will allow them to pick someone else to take their place. I will go more into depth if this actually happens and will do my best to make a fair solution for everyone.
  • Follow the standard tournament rules and guidelines found here.
Signups will last 1 week, ending on Sunday, May 23, at 11:59 PM PST. However, they may close if we reach a suitable amount of teams.

Format for Signups is below:
Team Name:
Team Members:

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Da Rules
  • Teams will consist of three players.
  • Each individual game will be played in BO3. The team with the most wins in each matchup will advance to next round.

So does everyone have to play a best of 3 or do we all play 1 game per week (if it's not decided after 2 games) so it's a best of 3 in total?

So does everyone have to play a best of 3 or do we all play 1 game per week (if it's not decided after 2 games) so it's a best of 3 in total?
Since this is not the first time its come up I will explain- each individual plays a bo3 series. Whoever wins the more series wins the round. An example will be down below. A hypothetical matchup will be
John versus Steve
Mike versus Cain
Alexa
versus Luke​
With these games, John wins g1 and g2 versus Steve, Cain beats mike in g1 and g3, and Alexa beats luke in g2 and g3 of their series. This makes the team of John, Mike, and Alexa the winner since they won the more individual games.

tl;dr- everyone plays a bo3 series (want to try this to avoid haxing giving it can completely screw over a team with an unlucky game) and however wins the more bo3 series/individual games moves on to the next round. And yes to the china server question it doesn't really matter to me lol

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Since this is not the first time its come up I will explain- each individual plays a bo3 series. Whoever wins the more series wins the round. An example will be down below. A hypothetical matchup will be
John versus Steve
Mike versus Cain
Alexa
versus Luke​
With these games, John wins g1 and g2 versus Steve, Cain beats mike in g1 and g3, and Alexa beats luke in g2 and g3 of their series. This makes the team of John, Mike, and Alexa the winner since they won the more individual games.

tl;dr- everyone plays a bo3 series (want to try this to avoid haxing giving it can completely screw over a team with an unlucky game) and however wins the more bo3 series/individual games moves on to the next round. And yes to the china server question it doesn't really matter to me lol
I'm not trying to be clever or anything but your sentence "This makes the team of John, Mike, and Alexa the winner since they won the more individual games." isn't necessarily true. John and Alexa could both win 2-1 and Cain wins 2-0. That would mean both teams have 4 wins in individual games each.

But yes, what you're saying makes sense - the side that wins the most Best of 3 series wins the round.

ok so funny story btw, sorry I'm still a bit inexperienced. After some feedback from others about this tour, I've learned that 3 bo3 series (9 games per round) can be a exhausting for a lot of players. Therefore, I will be changing it to bo1 series for each team like it was done in the past tour (this means that each person plays one game against their opponent only, whoever wins more team games wins the round). Sorry for the inconvenience. Tagging all those who have signed up so far to notify them of this change
hs Askov Luthier Thiago Nunes toinha Pataozinho Adaam pokemonisfun Ramolost mimikyu dayo 69 AmyQuaris Spectral Thief Pak Indigo Plateau Accelgor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)