UU Warstory, the Best I've Written

well, I think we may have the first archiveable uu warstory right here. brilliant job, though I expected no less from someone like you.

If this is going to be archived, I'd suggest removing "the Best I've Written" from the title, and come up with something a little more interesting.

nah, I'm not sure. I just thought it was the first archive-worthy material that came from a uu battle. but stuff like that's not up to me.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for all the comments guys, really did my best with this one because I thought this battle deserved it. I've had a lot of fun playing UU recently, but up until this battle every game has been un-storyable due to one side or the other being dominated too badly or making a really bad mistake. I was so disappointed when I lost this battle, but I'm glad I managed to recognize its potential as a story and saved the log.

-fixed the 2 unbolded log spots

-duely noted the feedback from fellow UU battles, I learned some more about the game from your commentary so thanks.

-Cynthia-- I can see where you're coming from with the spinners, and heaven knows I'd like a backup plan to get rid of spikes. I just HATE the idea of [wasting] a turn with RS so much though. >.< The only UU spinner I would run with this offensive team is Sandslash, who is both somewhat over-lapping with Nidoking, and I just get irritated by the idea of attacking with rapid spin when I could be attacking with earthquake. >.< I might try Sandslash in the future just the same though. Ultimately, I want to improve my offensive game even more, especially my own prediction skills as a method of keeping SR at bay. There are so many usable pokemon in UU, and thus so many offensive players I'd like to try in the mix-- especially with the death of wish-hypno. Haza. xD

-LW-- this is a slightly older log, and I will be in the midst of testing HP Ground + Discharge in the near future. I actually just finished breeding this luxray too: Quiet/Intimidate/HP Ground Luxray!

-As for the title, I hate titles that give something away, and I couldn't think of anything more creative. xD

-Apologies for over-use of the word momentum, you might notice that in 1 place in the story I replaced it with the word flow, but overall I was trying to write well, but stick to a certain set of terminology to help readers stay in my mindset. I realize though that this can get irritating, so I'll try to vary the word use more in future stories.

I'm tired. It'll be awhile before I write another one like this. lol

edit: Also, stathakis, I'm 90% certain there are archived UU stories (ODDish's work anyone?)

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You never fail to impress me with your warstories, heh.

I was going to make a thread about the concept of "momentum" (well I called it rhythm because I'm a PoT freak >_>) and I'm glad I'm not the only one who believes it exists :P

The depth in this one was fascinating, and your thoughts were very organized. I don't think "5 stars" does it justice, heh.

edit: Also, stathakis, I'm 90% certain there are archived UU stories (ODDish's work anyone?)
Nope, I stopped writing before producing anything good enough.

Bologo is your best bet.

Congrats on your story though, great read.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
That was incredible, simply put.

The way I perceived that battle was two opposing gangs fighting each other. At the end, when Scyther only needed to deliver his final attack at the end, he was shot in the back and left to die on the street. Your awesome writing is what made my mind think like that for this battle, because you not only made it very lesson-oriented to help others learn from your mistakes, but you also managed to make it dramatic like your other stories.

Great job. (*****)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks all, and I feel even happier receiving positive feedback from the more prominant UU players. UU seems to be heating up, and I think it'll be really popular some day. :D

I love it.
I play UU on Shoddy all the time (and lose to ODDish all the time).

I hope I can play you and make a WarStory worth battle. ;D

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Strenger than Astronoob ;D

Nice warstory. At first I thought it was tl;dr but reading the comments wasn't actually bad. It was actually great. Love your comments, liking your battle etc. I think both of you did awesome. I also like your use of Luxray rather than the normal all-out offensive types.

Astro actually used quite a number of 'non-standard' sets so don't blame yourself. :] I was actually expecting SpecsMoth at the beginning (me being so ignorant and ignoring the damage it was dealing) and yes, Relicanth setting up SR is something out of the ordinary.

I really felt like I was inside your head, that I was actually you, and even though sometimes that can be a bad thing ;D, this time it wasn't. I loved the writing

I really enjoyed this warstory and I always like a good UU battle.
I agree with your first comment absolutely. It was a fantastic battle, and astrohawke was a good sport. Keep them coming Chou!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)