Tournament UU World Cup II - Announcements & Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader

(thanks lydian for artwork again :toast: )
Hosted by TPP and Indigo Plateau
This thread will be used for announcements and administrative decisions regarding UUWC II. For signups, please refer to this thread. Please do not ask questions or make any posts in this thread - pm either TPP or myself instead.

The regions and their corresponding captains for this iteration of UUWC are as follows:

Brazil - Led by Highways & Askov
Canada - Led by Kink
China - Led by Drogba In Shenhua
Europe - Led by LNumbers & umbry
France - Led by ramolost & Corazan
Germany - Led by DnB
India - Led by Serene Grace
LA - Led by Nalorium & Luirromen
Rest of World - Led by Stoward
UK - Led by Estarossa
US NE - Led by Adaam & robjr
US Midwest - Led by avarice & Expulso
US South - Led by Indigo Plateau & pdt
US West - Led by TSR

That means that there will be a grand total of 12 teams (see post below for explanation on this). The top 6 teams will be qualifying for playoffs and the top two seeds will receive first round byes.

Captains and players, please read some rules below:

- If you are a captain and wish to pick a co-captain, please make sure to PM TPP or myself for approval first. Do not pick a co-captain without consulting us. This does not apply to the two merged teams as they already have two captains.
- If you wish to host tryouts, please PM me your discord tag and I will include it after your name above.
- WE WILL BE IP CHECKING ROSTERS. DO NOT TRY TO FAKE ELIGIBILITY OR PLAY THE SYSTEM IN ANY WAY.

The format for this year's tiers will be:

SS UU
SS UU
SS UU
SM UU
ORAS UU
BW UU
DPP UU
ADV UU

Some rules and reminders:
- Liepard and Riolu are banned from BW UU
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU
- All standard tournament rules apply

Reminder that signups will close on Sunday, August 8th, at 11:59 PM GMT-5. As of this post, captains can start hosting tryouts and forming their rosters. Once the roster is finalized, please PM it to BOTH hosts in ONE PM. The rosters should consist of a minimum of 12 players (8 starters + 4 subs with both captains playing) or a maximum of 14 players (8 starts + 4 subs with neither captain playing). Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Due to the massive amount of displeasure with the current format, we have decided to restructure the tournament. The biggest issue with the previous format was that the number of teams was forced to be 12 or 16. 12 was only possible with mergers and unfortunately people were very upset about those and we the hosts will take fault in that. We did not have enough teams for 16, but we have found a solution to make this tournament work with 14 teams. We will be utilizing a 1 week round of qualifiers involving the 11th and 12th placed teams from last year (India/US Midwest and US West), as well as the newly formed teams this year (China and Germany). India and US Midwest were tied in their standing last year and thus will square off in a Bo3 tiebreaker with the winner "advancing" from qualifiers. The remaining 4 teams will play each other and the 2 winning teams will enter the main world cup and we'll run the rest of the event from there.

As for sign ups and roster deadlines, we would like for all teams to have their rosters finalized and posted by Sunday, August 8th, 11:59 PM GMT-4. For the tiebreaker teams, we would like to ask if you could have your rosters ready by this Sunday, August 1st so that we may begin the tournament next week. Qualifiers will go up on Monday, August 9th and will last for 1 week. After that, Round 1 will begin on August 16th and will last for 3 weeks. The timeline for the tournament will be as follows:

Monday August 2nd - Tiebreaker week
Sunday August 8th - deadline for sign ups and rosters
Monday August 9th - Qualifiers begins
Monday August 16th - Round 1 begins
Sunday September 5th - Round 1 deadline
Monday September 6th - Quarterfinals begin
Monday September 13th - Semifinals begin
Monday September 20th - Finals begin

Tiebreaks may happen in between rounds and will naturally extend the duration of the tournament.

We will also be changing the following captains:

Canada - Led by Kink
Europe - Led by LNumbers
Germany - Led by DnB
US Midwest - Led by avarice

Most captain changes were done to reflect teams being unmerged. We decided to make an exception for Europe as Lilburr has decided to withdraw from the tournament and team Germany has given permission for LNumbers to be apart of Team Europe.

The 14 teams will be the following:

Brazil - Led by Highways & Askov
Canada - Led by Kink
Europe - Led by LNumbers
France - Led by ramolost & Corazan
Germany - Led by DnB
India - Led by Serene Grace
LA - Led by Nalorium & Luirromen
UK - Led by Estarossa
US NE - Led by Adaam & robjr
US Midwest - Led by avarice & Expulso
US South - Led by Indigo Plateau & pdt
US West - Led by TSR

Tryouts:

Please contact the team captain(s) for your region directly if you want to tryout for your corresponding region(s). I'm including the Discord tags for the captains that have expressed their interest in hosting tryouts in the hide tag below. If their name is not included, I'd recommend reaching out through forum PMs.
Canada - Kink#7905
France - Corazan#2899
LA - Luirromen#4816 & Nαʅσɾιυɱ#1000
US South - Indigo Plateau#4923

We apologize for the late notice in reformatting this, and will gladly be open to any constructive criticism (but are not changing the format anymore). If you have any comments, concerns or suggestions, please post in the format discussion thread, or feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)