Tournament UU World Cup II - Tiebreaks & Qualifiers (Post #17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader

Hosted by Indigo Plateau and TPP
Spreadsheet will be ready soontm

At long last, welcome to the start of UUWC II! This thread will be used for tiebreaks and qualifiers in preparation for the Pools phase of the tournament. Last year, India and US Midwest tied for 10th place, so they will be be squaring off in a Bo3 to determine the higher seed. The loser of this series will then compete in qualifiers with US West, China, and Germany. Please check this thread for any additional information.

1627870829576.png
1627870869787.png
1627870768977.png

India (2) vs. US Midwest (1)
SS: RaJ.Shoot vs. avarice
ORAS: J0RIS vs. Expulso
ADV: Serene Grace vs. fatty

EDIT: CLICK ME TO GO TO QUALIFIERS POST

AND CLICK ME FOR TIEBREAKS

Some reminders about rules regarding specific tiers:
- Liepard, Purrloin, and Riolu are banned from BW UU
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU
- All standard tournament rules apply

As stated before, the deadline for these tiebreaks will be Sunday, August 8th @ 11:59 PM GMT -4. We are on a tight schedule so there will be no extensions, but please let me know if there are any issues. Qualifiers will be posted after the deadline. Good luck to both teams!

Last edited:
:Scyther: PREDICTS :Scizor:

SS: RaJ.Shoot vs. avarice: RaJ is a solid player but was unable to win a game en uufpl. avarice will bring some cheese that worked in 2019 and will still work today.
ORAS: J0RIS vs. Expulso: J0RIS will begin his undefeated streak of UUWC games starting with this tiebreak.
ADV: Serene Grace vs. fatty: I lost to fatty today in ADV UU Cup (this is the only reason I wanted to post predicts tbh)

Mellow1004

Banned deucer.

:Celebi: Each time has its importance. Here are some types of time: body time, leisure time, pleasure time, consumption time, travel time, rest time, love time, other people's time, family time, reading time, development time, creation time, meditation time, regression time, solitude time. [Jean-Louis Servan-Schreiber - 1983] :Celebi:

:Aegislash: But today and now in this place it is time to to put knowledge into practice. The best players from all over the planet will face off in fierce battles. The greatest brains will demonstrate their talent in this competition, which is why it is essential and important to illuminate you and highlight your talents. Dear friends. Forward to the biggest competition of a tier ! Welcome to the UnderUsed World Cup II ! :Aegislash:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ :Darkrai: Do I Really Need to Introduce Myself ? Let's do it just in case ! My name is Mellow. I have won many battles in almost all existing formats. My goal is to understand all the techniques possible and to be the N ° 1 in all tier possible to play even if this dream seems impossible I would never know the disappointment and the rangaine. I am also an artist and by passion for beautiful things I have to embellish and highlight the things that are close to my heart and what better to show the whole world the power of my friends in passionate fights as I saw the day in the world of art and replays ! :darkrai: ~

:XY/Alakazam-Mega: India :XY/Alakazam-Mega: (2) vs. (0) :XY/Rhyperior: US Midwest :XY/Rhyperior:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SS: RaJ.Shoot vs. avarice | Match :Zarude:

ORAS: J0RIS vs. Expulso | Match:Celebi:

ADV: Serene Grace vs. fatty | This Match Never Happend :Cresselia:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Dragonite: - This will leave an eternal mark on all future players who one day discover this relic and your names will be forever marked in Pokémon history ! Together ! let us write down our eternal youth and show them our power ! :Dragonite:

:Alakazam-Mega: Good Luck To Both Countries And Give Your Best ! :Rhyperior:

Last edited:

Blimax

https://www.youtube.com/c/Blimaxx
is a Top Tiering Contributor
My unbiased predictions as follows:
India (0) Midwest (0) Blim (3)
SS: Raj.Shoot vs. avarice vs Blim
ORAS: J0RIS vs. Expulso vs Blim
ADV: Serene Grace vs. Fatty vs Blim
Haters will say that Blim is not playing

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
India (1) vs. US Midwest (2)
SS: RaJ.Shoot vs. avarice
ORAS: J0RIS vs. Expulso
ADV: Serene Grace vs. fatty

okay let’s start drama

avarice should beat rajshoot as avarice is a main and he also has a positive record vs me. Rajshoot iirc generally does poorly in tournaments.

I think joris is Adams’s friend and I love adaam but I may be mixing him up with Jordy. Expulso is always polite to me but was a jerk to liam and company granted Liam and company may or may not have done smogon crimes, but you still shouldn’t be a jerk.

fatty has finally changed his name back from the shitty name brewfasa (haha jk?) so he should be back and he’s like 30 years old so I assume must be an adv expert. Serene Grace registers nothing in my memory which is admittedly goldfish memory

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
these matches will be played on smogtours at the following times:

ORAS Expulso vs J0ris Friday 11am -4 / 8:30pm +5.5

ADV Fatty vs Serene Grace Sunday 1pm -4 / 10:30pm +5.5

SS Avarice vs Raj.Shoot Sunday 1-1:30pm -4 / 10:30-11pm +5.5

Gl India, hope we have some good games

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
India beats US Midwest in the Bo3 tiebreaks and will advance to the Pools phase of the tournament while US Midwest will play qualifiers. As the higher seed, US Midwest has picked to play against China in qualifiers, which leaves US West to play Germany.

1628450933622.png
1628450952645.png
1628450965948.png

US Midwest (2) vs China (5)
SS: Confide vs fyfyk
SS: avarice vs wuqianying
SS: Adrift and Alone vs Vusty.
SM: SPACE FORCE meeps vs guangguang
ORAS: Expulso vs Scalescale
BW: Mr.378 vs Lucariobai
DPP: atomicllamas vs burstbean
ADV: fatty vs RampageWebber

1628450880859.png
1628451008710.png

US West (4) vs Germany (4)
SS: Decem vs QWILY
SS: Meru vs mind gaming
SS: KM vs vani
SM: EternalSnowman vs Jaajgko
ORAS: maroon vs Feaniix
BW: faded love vs DnB
DPP: cy vs snøfall
ADV: BigFatMantis vs Melle2402

Please remember the following rules apply to the entire tournament, including qualifiers:
- Liepard, Purrloin, and Riolu are banned from BW UU
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU
- All standard tournament rules apply

The deadline for qualifiers will be Sunday, August 15th at 11:59 PM GMT -4. Good luck to all teams!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellow1004

Banned deucer.

:Gengar: ~ In memory Of Ting Ting Chang ~ 1986-2017 :Gengar:

:SS/Rhyperior: US Midwest (2) vs (5) China :SS/Nuzleaf:

SS: Confide vs fyfyk | Match :Nuzleaf:

SS: avarice vs wuqianying | Match :Rhyperior:

SS: Adrift and Alone vs Vusty. | Match :Nuzleaf:

SM: SPACE FORCE meeps vs guangguang | This Match Never Happend :Darkrai:

ORAS: Expulso vs Scalescale | Match :Nuzleaf:

BW: Mr.378 vs Lucariobai | Match :Rhyperior:

DPP: atomicllamas vs burstbean | Match :Nuzleaf:

ADV: fatty vs RampageWebber | Match :Nuzleaf:

:SS/Scizor: US West (3) vs (4) Germany :SS/Purugly:

SS: Decem vs QWILY | Match :Scizor:

SS: Meru vs mind gaming | Match :Scizor:

SS: KM vs vani | Match :Purugly:

SM: EternalSnowman vs Jaajgko | Match :Scizor:

ORAS: maroon vs Feaniix | Match :Purugly:

BW: faded love vs DnB | Match :Purugly:

DPP: cy vs snøfall | Match :Purugly:

ADV: BigFatMantis vs Melle2402 | Match :Scizor:

:Dragonite: This will leave an eternal mark on all future players who one day discover this relic and your names will be forever marked in Pokémon history ! Together ! let us write down our eternal youth and show them our power ! :Dragonite:

:Rhyperior: :Nuzleaf: Good Luck To All Countries And Give Your Best ! :Scizor: :Purugly:

Last edited:
Some Predicts

:SS/Rhyperior: US Midwest (5) vs (3) China :SS/Nuzleaf:

SS: Confide vs fyfyk | Confide gonna get fyfyk'd up imo

SS: avarice vs wuqianying | avarice will try to cheese, but will be met by an even more ferocious heat team unlike anything we've ever seen.

SS: Adrift and Alone vs Vusty. | Adrift will pull through whatever is thrown at him.

SM: SPACE FORCE meeps vs guangguang | SPACE FORCE meeps cannot lose a game this UUWC

ORAS: Expulso vs Scalescale | Expulso will not lose twice in a row.

BW: Mr.378 vs Lucariobai | In a surprising upset, Lucariobai will fully abuse all that is abuseable in BW UU to take the victory

DPP: atomicllamas vs burstbean | llamas has probably been playing this tier since 2012, and burstbean joined Smogon 5 months ago.

ADV: fatty vs RampageWebber | There is no question fatty will win here - the question is will it be before or after he takes home the ADV UU Cup Trophy?

:SS/Scizor: US West (8) vs (0) Germany :SS/Purugly:

SS: Decem vs QWILY |

SS: Meru vs mind gaming |

SS: KM vs Fogbound Lake |

SM: EternalSnowman vs Jaajgko |

ORAS: maroon vs Mickel |

BW: faded love vs DnB |

DPP: cy vs snøfall |

ADV: BigFatMantis vs Melle2402 |

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Predicts

:SM/Rhyperior: US Midwest (3) vs China (5) :SM/Nuzleaf:
SS: Confide vs fyfyk
SS: avarice vs wuqianying
SS: Adrift and Alone vs Vusty
SM: SPACE FORCE meeps vs guangguang
ORAS: Expulso vs Scalescale
BW: Mr.378 vs Lucariobai
DPP: atomicllamas vs burstbean
ADV: fatty vs RampageWebber

:SM/Scizor: US West (5) vs Germany (3) :SM/Purugly:
SS: Decem vs QWILY
SS: Meru vs mind gaming
SS: KM vs Fogbound Lake
SM: EternalSnowman vs Jaajgko
ORAS: maroon vs Padox
BW: faded love vs DnB
DPP: cy vs snøfall
ADV: BigFatMantis vs Melle2402​

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
US Midwest (5) vs China (3)
SS: Confide vs fyfyk - I vaguely remember Confide participating in UU things before but have no recollection of fyfyk
SS: avarice vs wuqianying - I'm rather high on avarice in general and consider him a top player, wuqianying is of course super dangerous you can tell because he doesn't even have a profile picture yet
SS: Adrift and Alone vs Vusty - both players are rather strong but I remember Vusty being rather incredible in previous PSPL
SM: SPACE FORCE meeps vs guangguang - meeps is strong, guangguang is also powerful as I've known him from PSPL I believe
ORAS: Expulso vs Scalescale - idk who Scalescale is, Expulso is proven
BW: Mr.378 vs Lucariobai - I'm under the impression Mr.378 is a gen2 main and he had an extremely successful UUPL or two but idk if that translates to gen5uu. Lucariobai is a proven force, I think I saw him play in like CPL or PSPL
DPP: atomicllamas vs burstbean - llamas is very proven and I believe he enjoys the tier which is important, idk who burstbean is
ADV: fatty vs RampageWebber - fatty is very proven and owned me recently in this tier rampagewebber is unknown

Yeah I'm bolding China still because I'm rooting for them even though based on what I know Midwest is stronger.

US West (5) vs Germany (3)
SS: Decem vs QWILY - it's closer than not to December ergo Decem wins, but Qwilfish might be viable in gen7uu?
SS: Meru vs mind gaming - Meru is a former Friend Safari Pokemon Trainer player and mindgaming is unknown
SS: KM vs Fogbound Lake - KM is a god of creativity, Fogbound Lake didn't put much effort and couldn't beat me in majors last year when I was having a mental breakdown
SM: EternalSnowman vs Jaajgko - I've seen eternalsnowman around in UUFPL but I don't remember much, I also don't remember much about Jaajgko but he was an excellent gen7uu main I think
ORAS: maroon vs Padox - i dont like the color maroon, padox has less than 100 posts and those guys are dangerous
BW: faded love vs DnB - it took faded love like 2 or 3 years to even beat me in a single game meanwhile DnB went 10-0 in UUFPL in what is certainly among the greatest ever team tournament performances in UU history
DPP: cy vs snøfall - I tend to avoid predicting for people with scary foreign letters in their username
ADV: BigFatMantis vs Melle2402 - I like BigFatMantis, he seems to bring a lot of energy and contributions. Some people feel threatened when newcomers arrive but I welcome new community members. Melle has numbers in his username so he must be bad?

Last edited:
:SM/Rhyperior: US Midwest (6) vs China (2) :SM/Nuzleaf:
SS: Confide vs fyfyk - Confide has UU experience, also has good building support from rest of team.
SS: avarice vs wuqianying - Avarice is one of the most solid UU'ers I know, I expect a win unless dumb hax.
SS: Adrift and Alone vs Vusty - don't know Vusty, but I've been smacked by Adrift on ladder more times than I'd like to admit.
SM: SPACE FORCE meeps vs guangguang - Meeps was the GOAT last time I was on any team with them.
ORAS: Expulso vs Scalescale - Expulso should have this.
BW: Mr.378 vs Lucariobai - No idea who any of those people are, I want Midwest to win.
DPP: atomicllamas vs burstbean - Llamas is super knowledgeable in this tier and also a GOAT.
ADV: fatty vs RampageWebber - fatty is like super good at every ADV/DPP old gen ever and this will be no different.

Still gonna guess 6-2 because we're bound to get haxed somewhere.

Let's get this US Midwest!! You guys got this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)