UU UU Zarude

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat / Throat Chop
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Synthesis / Jungle Healing

The newest legendary Pokemon can do it all, threatening most of UU with its powerful STAB attacks and using its great bulk and Speed tier to check prominent threats like Krookodile and Rotom-W. U-turn lets Zarude pivot out of the few Pokemon that resist its STAB attacks, most notably Cobalion, Incineroar, and Galarian Weezing, and bring in a teammate that can threaten them. Its signature move Jungle Healing is useful to cure it of any status, letting it more comfortably switch into Slowbro's Scald; however, the greater recovery from Synthesis is preferred. More offensive players can run Close Combat for Cobalion and Incineroar, especially if Zarude is paired with a cleric like Sylveon. Chandelure and Choice Specs Porygon-Z become extremely dangerous when Zarude brings them in against Galarian Weezing with U-turn; similarly, Terrakion appreciates Zarude bringing it in against Incineroar. Slowbro can check Steel-types like Cobalion, and Future Sight and Teleport let it form a useful pivoting core with Zarude.

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- U-turn

The newest Legendary Pokemon threatens nearly all of UU with its powerful STABs, and its ability to pivot and heal make it useful in any situation. In this section I'd definitely talk about how its incredible bulk + good speed tier lets it check a lot of thraetening stuff in the tier like Celebi, Rotoms, Krook etc. Even without a boosting item, Darkest Lariat You should probably mention why you'd run Throat Chop somewhere, better matchup versus Sylveon/Doublade. and Power Whip can tear through nearly the entire tier. I feel like this sentence is a little missleading because Pokemon that resists this combo like Cobalion, Weezing, Incineroar are all fairly common, I'd probably just ditch this line and mention its power level in the first sentence to save on linecount with the additions i'm making. U-turn lets it pivot out of the few Pokemon that resist these attacks, most notably Cobalion and Galarian Weezing; it works very well alongside Heavy-Duty Boots, letting Zarude switch in and gain momentum many times without taking hazard damage. Its signature move, Jungle Healing, is useful in the fourth slot to provide 25% healing and cure it of any status, letting it more comfortably switch into Slowbro's Scald. However, the greater recovery of Synthesis is preferred. More offensive players can use Iron Tail for Galarian Weezing or Close Combat for Cobalion and Bisharp Incineroar in the fourth slot. I wouldn't bother with the Iron Tail mention outside of CB sets. You could try and clarify that you should only do this if your matchup versus them is poor or you have Cleric support. Chandelure and Choice Specs Porygon-Z can punish the Fairy-types that wall Zarude, Sylveon kinda scouts these freely with Protect, maybe just limit this mention to Weezing. and Terrakion Terrakion mention is nice, though it reads a little odd to say that it helps out against Cobalion since you don't wanna try and sped tie it, feel free to mention something else it pressures with the U-turn support like Incineroar and keep the Coba bit to Slowbro. and Slowbro help out against Steel-types like Cobalion. Give specific mention to Future Sight Slowbro here, its one of the most popular cores with Zarude in stuff like Snake atm because of how offensively dangerous it is and how it just denies stuff like Weezing.

I'd try and get the link to Zarude's offensive support capabilities with U-turn into the team options somewhere, to clarify how much its opening up these wallbreakers.
QC 1/1 when implemented, lemme know if you need help cutting stuff down after if this sends you way above linecount.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Done, edited down as much as I could but I’m about 40 characters over. If i remove the sylveon mention in the CC sentence it should be good. GP, let me know what you think

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- U-turn

The newest Legendary legendary Pokemon can do it all, threatening most of UU with its powerful STAB attacks and using its great bulk and speed Speed tier to check prominent threats like Krookodile and Rotom-Wash. U-turn lets it Zarude pivot out of the few Pokemon that resist its STAB attacks, most notably Cobalion, Incineroar, and Galarian Weezing, and bring in a teammate that can threaten them. Its signature move Jungle Healing is useful in the fourth slot to cure it of any status, letting it more comfortably switch into Slowbro's Scald; however, the greater recovery of from Synthesis is preferred. More offensive players can use run Close Combat for Cobalion and Incineroar, especially if Zarude is paired with a cleric like Sylveon. Chandelure and Choice Specs Porygon-Z become extremely dangerous when Zarude brings them in against Galarian Weezing with U-turn; similarly, Terrakion appreciates Zarude bringing it in against Incineroar. Slowbro can check Steel-types like Cobalion, and Future Sight and Teleport let it form a useful pivoting core with Zarude.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)