Tournament UUPL IX Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
1619459118831.png

Safari Zone Smashers vs. Eterna Forest Veterans

SS: robjr vs CBU - definitely a close one but i think rob will be well prepared for w/e offense cbu likely loads
SS: HT vs Indigo Plateau - not sure how much HT has been really keeping up with this gen while IP has been on top of it
ADV: Shiba vs esche - Phoebe bridgers > NAV, sorry shiba

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
SS: robjr vs CBU - I think considering CBU went 4-1 vs Robjr so far in this tournament this is the only objective prediction. But I subscribe to gambler's fallacy so yeah, robjr is overdue and he won UU Championships (twice) so idk.
SS: HT vs Indigo Plateau - I like HT more but the Vets have been so incredibly disrespected. They won last year and are ranked last in PR this year? WTF? Fuck the elitists!
ADV: Shiba vs esche - both of them are my good friends, I think esche played very well last year when under pressure but Shiba won UU classic sometime last decade.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
ip forced me to do this

SS: robjr vs CBU - if this was sm or oras i think i would've bolded cbu since to me he's displayed a bit more dominance there than rob has. ss seems to suit rob perfectly though, he's been tearing up the tier for months at this stage and idt it'll stop here. cbu did get the upper hand at least once in SS in this matchup i think? possibly even twice, and i do think his builds have been pretty cool and effective against rob's style despite being pretty unorthodox, but my gut says rob will clutch as he usually tends to do. definitely one to catch.

SS: HT vs Indigo Plateau - I don't get it, IP seems to just do ok all year round but then UUPL comes around and he goes super saiyan every time and just eviscerates the pool no matter who he's playing. HT is a strong opponent and considering his solid run in Open so far, he should be reasonably up to date on the current SS meta, so this shouldn't be a huge advantage for IP despite the fact that he's been playing a lot more SS as of late. that said, IP has a knack for finding things that just work and he seems to consistently be on top of these things when he's trying his best, even if it means cheesing 9 weeks in a row. HT absolutely has the potential to take this of course, I'm going with the pansy weener though.

ADV: Shiba vs esche - shiba is my linoone amigo but he was mean to bouff and nobody disrespects my teammate. esche has also historically looked pretty good in adv i think? he played it in like uusd or uuwc or something and im pretty sure he won like every time and he had very epic nicknames all throughout his run. shiba is of course one of the best adv uu players on the site and this is w/o a doubt the closest matchup in my mind, i almost want to bold the vs symbol but that's lame as shit in tiebreakers. would not even remotely surprise me to see this go the other way but esche should win as long as he brings a pokemon that can tank a +6 extreme speed.

go tdks

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
SS: robjr vs. CBU : sorry cbu you are getting destroyed theres nothing i can do about it and theres nothing u can do about it
SS UU: HT vs. Indigo Plateau: hype i obviously go for the 2 letters name
ADV UU: Shiba vs. esche : esche is a fucking goat thats it he

Vets to win 2-1

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
extended offweek for vivalosbutthole so I figure I'll feed the streets for now since these are mu's are spicier than the marinade I cook my chicken in.

SS: robjr vs. CBU - So here's a game here. CBU appears to have ascended past taking shots at the UU player base after winnings games and has instead touched new heights of publicly shitting on his own teammates (hopefully not tho?) for telling him to use bad sets.
Unfortunately CBU is probably ever so slightly better than rob at a current gen UU, but there's no shot I'm bolding anyone on this site whos over 20+ and continuously acts like a fetus about stupid shit.

SS: HT vs. Indigo Plateau - LMAO. Boomer HT has somehow found himself in another tiebreak in UUPL playoffs and Indigo pp looks to hopefully push his team through to the finish line so he can finally end this season as the actual heart and soul of the vets. Imagine your manager has iq of 3 combined squirrels and also lacks any sort of moral compass. What do you do? Do what IP did. This man been holding his team together on twigs and Elmer's glue, I'd like to see him win. Also I love andy but this seems like a wack pick from shiba, no shot I'm predicting him to win anymore.

ADV: Shiba vs. esche - Not much to add here. Shiba only finds joy in T-bagging innocent 13 year olds on Call Of Duty so regardless of how much adv experience esche has (he's fine at this tier anyways), he will be taking this dub. In fact, I could slot one of Joe Biden and/or Dababy here and shiba would likely be 6-0d

tengo un fiesta en mi pantelones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)