The Squad

226.png
310.png
461.png
494.png
598.png
greninja (1).png

Introduction

I wanted to play something else than the regular ou team with the same core. So i had the idea of creating build around a set up Mons like some Volcarona team where everyone is here to support Volcarona and secure the sweep.On this RMT I will show you my z Victini team.The team is quite weird in some sense but you can do some crazy plays and have a lot of fun playing it.

Teambuilding

494.png

Victini was obviously my first mon since i wanted to build around him. So i identified the mains bumps the cute fire elf encounter to his road to sweep. If the opponent has a Chansey or a Latios/Latias alive, well you just can't sweep or even take one mon out. Bulky ground types like Lando-t or Zygarde are also very painfull to our poor friend.

461.png

Weavile is much a great teamate for Victini. Pursuit traping Latios/Latias, and threatening Chansey and the bulky ground types with knock off and his ice stabs respectively. Seeing the nasty weakness to Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxics Spikes a defog user seem needed.​

226.png

There you go a defog user and a underrated one. Mantine give a strong defensive backbone and offer nice chip thank to scald and toxic. Mantine is a great Volcarona counter too and it's nice to have a solid one since a lot of team are weak to Volc. Mantine can handle it quite well if healthy. Mons with crazy speed that weavile cannot outspeed like Alakazam,and rain abusers are checked by Mantine At this point I may need volt-turn support and a way handle physical attacker and some speed control would be nice.

310.png

Well you got all of this in Mega Manectric. Intimidate and volt switch is great but peoples tend to forget lightning rod and since Mantine is such a Koko and Magearna volt switch magnet you get a lot of opportunities to get a special atk boost. Manectric synergise well with Weavile and Victini since it can pivot and handle water types. Now i may want a strong wall to switch into and some rocks

598.png

Ferrothorn has amazing synergy with Mantine taking rocks and electrics moves for the blue flying garbage blob. Rocks are always nice and Ferrothorn can provide some nice chips which as always is beneficial to Victini. And beeing able to kill grass and ground types like Swampert,Gastrodon or Quagsire is nice for Manectric and Victini too​

greninja (1).png

Finaly i opted for scarf protean ninja mainly because i wanted more speed control,spikes, and u-turn. Taking out koko with gunk shot and scarf Lando with ice beam is always nice. To be honnest a had some trouble for the last slot since i need spikes/rocks, a way to handle +1 speed mons and a way to break some annoying wall.

The team and sets

victini.gif

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

The star of the team: Try to keep him healthy and to get rid of hasards for him. It's a quite straightforward set with nothing really out of the ordinary. Try to identify mons that can block your way to sweep and try to get rid of them.Sometimes it might be better to set up just to kill/weaken some key mons. Sometimes getting rid of ground resist/immunities can open the path to a volt switch/thunderbolt spam from Manectric. If healthy/lucky enough Victini with boosts can beat some of his hardest checks like heatran,ash gren or Mega Gyarados. If you find yourself in a 50/50 situation against a sucker punch user don't forget you can celebrate your birthday :mehowth:

weavile.gif

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

A nice wallbreaker which can put some nice holes on most team. Ice shard is a cool priority which can pick off mons like Zygarde,Pinsir or Hawlucha if chip enough. Pursuit is really nice against a lot of mons even Zygarde or Scarf Lando T since this chip can secure a sweep for Victini. Protip: use a nickname like I WILL KILL YOU to increase the chance of your opponent switching

mantine.gif

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic

Well Mantine is the special wall able to stomach really strong specials hits from really scary special attacker and his both immmunities give Mantine a edge against some choice user like greninja or lando. Mantine stil get destroyed by strong physical attacker like bulu,kart or Tyranitar so you may have to switch a lot into Ferrothorn.

manectric-mega.gif

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mega-Manectric offer godlike speed tier and very solid offensive power and coverage. To really use him to his fullest you may want to not mega evolve him right away in in some circumstances since a boost in special atk transform him into a very scary mon. Your main targets are tapu kokos, magearna or t-wave user. Once to +1 you can even ohko zygarde with hp ice and since kokos are so commons your stab t-bolt is just deadly under terrain at +1. His role as a pivot is quite nice and sometimes getting and intimitade can help Victini setp up or help Ferro and Mantine have a easier time as Walls

ferrothorn-2.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Well Ferrothorn is a pretty bulky mon which can handle a lot of top threat with his amazing typing. With him you do classic Ferrothorn stuff like setting up rocks,leech seeding or knocking off stuff. Like i said Ferrothorn has amazing synergy with mantine and offer quite a tight but strong defensive backbone.

greninja.gif

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Greninja is the most expandable mon in the team in most match up but offer a lot of utility with spikes and u-turn. Spike are very usefull against bulkier and more offensive team since it is very annoying to bulky team wich require a lot of switch and weaken the one or two mons that can stop victini in offensive team.

Threat-list

Hawlucha
hawlucha.png

Even with all that speed control Hawlucha still faster than everyone and i have just shaky checks like mega manetric with intimidate or ice shard

Clef
clefable.png

Cm clef is quite a pain to deal with because i have to rely on gunk shot or victini

Mega venu
venusaur-mega.png

The only guy able to take it out is victini but still i can try to stall it out with mantine but it's quite bad since i can get toxic or put to sleep

Bisharp+ Sticky web
bisharp.png

Bisharp get and attack boost with intimidate and can put the team into huge trouble if he catch a defog

Chansey
chansey (1).png

If do the wrong read with Weaville or can't get a knock off with Ferro Chansey is quite a pain

Closing word

Well i hope you had some fun reading this and you have some comment on it I hope too that my english wansn't that bad since i only learn it at school.

ferrothorn.gif
greninja (1).gif
manectric-mega (1).gif
mantine (1).gif
weavile (1).gif
victini (1).gif

:mehowth:This team is heat boi:mehowth:

Attachments

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Hey!

I want to say beforehand, I love the team in general! Creativity is always amazing. I might have a few changes i want you to make to improve the team a little.

Change the Evs on Ferrothorn
The recommended evs are 248 hp/88 def/8 spatk/164 spdef sassy nature. This makes Ferrothorn be able to live 2 specs Greninja dark pulses after rocks and the rest of the bulk makes you able to live 2 banded Thousand Arrows from Zygarde.

Ferrothorn's Knock off ----> Hidden Power Fire
This is more of an optional pick but, your team has trouble with Scarf Kartana. Ferrothorn's 8 Special Attack evs + sassy nature make u able to ohko Kartana with Hidden Power Fire. This would be a great add since the only thing that can beat Kartana is Greninja and Greninja isn't usually alive long.

Ferrothorn's Power Whip ----> Gyro Ball
Gyro Ball would be a great pick over Power Whip because it can deal damage to some of your team problems like Clefable, Mega Venusaur, and a setting-up Hawlucha expecting a switch.

This is what I can see fit for the team, I hope I helped+

Neat the spread changed so mine is actually outdated thank for showing me this dude.

For Scarf kartana i usually try to use Ferrothorn or Mega Manectric to get arround him. And as always i have Victini which can set up on a choice locked Katarna et take a knock off.

I like the idea of using gyro to lure hawlucha and weaken clef i will just lose a bit of edge against Mega Gyarados and Tapu fini but it's a nice trade.

Thank dude

Seeing the rise of Payapa berry pex, my team seem kinda stale and Victini seem much weaker now.
With the rise of mega-zam more and more toxapex payapa will come and destroy my team.

I think Victini Z is no that much worth building arround now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)