Vacation Spots

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I plan on taking a trip to Colorado in the future, assuming my financial situation is relatively well hopefully before the end of the year. With that said for anyone from Colorado, what are some activities and tourist / vacation spots would you recommend? Curious on various perspectives who may actually live there.

To make this more open ended for those who would like to jump into the discussion, what activities and vacation spots would you recommend in the area you live in if someone had intentions to visit (not limited to the United States of course)? Perhaps some do's and don'ts can be provided in your response as well.

If anyone is planning on coming to Australia at any point, come to Melbourne. Queensland is OK if you want to see the reef and has the country's good amusement parks, but said parks aren't as good as the ones in the US anyway. Sydney has the Opera House, sure, but it actually doesn't have a whole lot else to do and the public transport is a nightmare. Melbourne has options!

Last edited:
Lets go for Melbourne and area shall we?

First off I've got to suggest Philip island. A a fairly large island in the far south of Victoria filled with beautiful parks and wildlife. At night you can see penguins running out onto the beach.

Organ pipes national park is well worh a visit for its beautiful rock formations

Of course go see the great ocean road before it fully erodes

The Dandenongs are picturesque little mountains in inner Victoria. Great if you want to go for hikes and see wildlife. There are also cool little astronomy meet ups at a local observatory every now and then and taking a day trip through the mountain paths is a great way to see

Last edited:
Sydneysider here, and yeah Melbourne is defs a better city for exploring. For New South Wales (the state Sydney is in) best spots are actually not Sydney. Blue Mountains has some great rock formations, specifically the Three Sisters.

My favourite spot is near the Boarder to Queensland, you can do it easily out of Byron Bay. It's called Mt. Warning. It is an extinct volcano. You start climbing at around 2-3am, and you finish the hike just in time to see the sun rise. It is the best hike I have been on bar none and there is native wildlife everywhere. Because of its altitude and location, it is the first place in Australia to get the sunrise. Absolutely beautiful.

Hunter Valley is pretty good as well. Underrated wines which can compete with the Southern Australian ones. Hot Air Ballooning is big up there.

Never ever go to Canberra. Just don't.

As for underrated place in Australia. Tasmania. You hire a car and go around. Brilliant hiking and forests. Great beaches in summer along the east coast. Good wine and food in the south (whites specifically) and great art culture. Basically Tasmania is South Australia but better.

Flare

ENDURANCE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you're looking for a relaxing spot then you may aswell take a visit to Dominican Republic, where you can find places like this:
Bavaro Beach - Punta Cana

Limon Waterfalls:

Zona Colonial at Santo Domingo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)