Rejected Various quality of life improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Posting multiple suggestions because I feel this is better than multiple consecutive posts but if the latter is what I'm supposed to do please let me know-

1. Have /rfaq show staff the entry used to make the rfaq in the same way /events view (example below) and /staffintro displays it for staff. Would save a bit of inconveniencing for having to retype or copy and paste (which doesn't cover hyperlinks or any other formatting) the entire rfaq just to update it.

2. Allow us to reorder team folders in however order we want in the teambuilder. If this isn't feasible, an alternative would be to give users the option to reorder folders based on the number of teams in each folder.

2a. Allow us to set custom folders as a subset of a given metagame so that the validator and teambuilder settings will always default to those used by the metagame.

2b. Make changes to the team selection menu be permanent. I know this was a recent update and may very well still be in progress, but it is annoying having this custom folder pop up at the top over my teams every single time, regardless of how many times I uncheck the group by folders option or hide the folder's contents. I get that the problem would be resolved if I moved my 1v1 teams to the legends folder, but then there wouldn't really be a point to having the main 1v1 tier folder at all-

Alternatively, you could just reverse the order, putting custom folders towards the end, or even in another menu branching off of the main one.

3. Make non-voice/higher name changes in battles be invisible again if modchat is set. Much like locked users changing names to communicate with people, spectators in battles change names to do the same or even suggest plays in important tournament games, bypassing the modchat.

4. Allow /modlog to be used with multiple search parameters by all staff levels, rather than just RO+. Unless there's something I'm missing, the only difference is just the tedium of having to dig through entire days of logs to find what you're looking for.

5. In battles, include uninvested (0 EVs, 31 IVs, Neutral Nature) Speed to a Pokemon's tooltip, rather than only showing minimum and maximum Speed values. No particular reason other than the convenience of not having to do /statcalc mon spe 0evs every time and that spreads with this Speed are far more prominently used than minimum Speed. You could also show 84 EV Speed for Random Battles.

6. Allow staff to mute for different periods of time besides 7 minutes and an hour. There are many ways to do this between providing different options like 10m, 30m, 2h, etc, or outright allowing staff to set their own time (within reason). To limit potential abuse, you could perhaps set drivers to a cap of 1 hour mutes and mods to a cap of 2 hour mutes or something, for example.

7. Add a /news command that pulls up the news box so that we don't have to refresh every time in order to see it.

5. In battles, include uninvested (0 EVs, 31 IVs, Neutral Nature) Speed to a Pokemon's tooltip, rather than only showing minimum and maximum Speed values. No particular reason other than the convenience of not having to do /statcalc mon spe 0evs every time and that spreads with this Speed are far more prominently used than minimum Speed. You could also show 84 EV Speed for Random Battles.
YES. Max speed investment with a neutral nature would also be super helpful to display.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Most of them seem reasonable, the teambuilder ones will prob not happen until client preact and such. Though this one:
6. Allow staff to mute for different periods of time besides 7 minutes and an hour. There are many ways to do this between providing different options like 10m, 30m, 2h, etc, or outright allowing staff to set their own time (within reason). To limit potential abuse, you could perhaps set drivers to a cap of 1 hour mutes and mods to a cap of 2 hour mutes or something, for example.
Why is this needed? It just creates extra steps to something that you would want to be able to do relatively fast. Besides, if you want to enforce this manually just unmute an hour mute earlier. Mutes longer than 1 hour should just warrant bans instead instead, the system in place makes sense for a logical escalation of punishments and is the same across the sim.
YES. Max speed investment with a neutral nature would also be super helpful to display.
The tooltip would just become too crowded in the end, the 84 speed in Random Battles should already be a thing tho.

The tooltip would just become too crowded in the end
I don't recall exactly what the tooltip looks like currently, and I can't easily check since I'm on mobile, but something like this doesn't sound like it would take up that much space (Lando-T used as an example).

Likely speeds: 168, 218, 281, 309

If that isn't informative enough, this format could be used instead.

Likely speeds: 168 (min), 218, 281, 309 (max)

Slashes can also be used in place of commas.

pre

pkmn.cc
Posting multiple suggestions because I feel this is better than multiple consecutive posts but if the latter is what I'm supposed to do please let me know
Yes. One thread per suggestion.

The entire point of this forum is to allow for the sorting of suggestions by the reaction score on the first post and to indicate the implementation status of the suggestions - if you include a laundry list of suggestions in one post there's no way to figure out which particular suggestions from it are popular and their current status.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)