ORAS UU Verlicity (Virizion Stall Break)

Hello good people. I'm back again to show off the best team I have in UU. I would have never made this team without the help of iplaytennislol because he likes using stuff that I consider cheap, so shout outs to tennis. What you may see in this team is a strong resemblance of the RMT Aerolyn that Christo The Gr8 had great success with as well as many others. The differences is the roles of the types we chose but the same type synergy does exist between the two teams. Both teams are extremely effective in this current UU meta. I suggest, if you haven't already, to go check out Christo's RMT and play around with it as well as mine. Thanks for reading this ahead of time and I hope you enjoy!

Team Building Process
A common question when building a team is, "what do I start with?" Tennis actually asked me this when we were building. I absolutely love staring off with innovation and then building an effective team around the innovation to make it work. I discovered this nasty stall breaker Virizion set one day when searching the serebii info pages for anything that had taunt and recovery.

Next we needed a fire resist because Entei is a problem. A really good answer for Entei atm is Slowking. Tennis and I both love this pokemon and we couldn't resist putting it on this team. We gave it the calm mind set and decided to change it later if we no longer needed it.

I actually don't remember how we came to this next conclusion but Tennis and I decided we needed calm mind Florges on our team. There was a lot of hype for CM florges at this time and I believe we just wanted to make it work. Turns out that the extra bulk it provided works fantastically with the team. Since we now had CM florges, we put dragon tail on slowking and switched psyshock to psychic.

Poison types are looking like a pain in the ass right now. Both of our win conditions (Virizion and Florges) would greatly appreciate a way to dismantle them. We also needed rocks so we picked Krookodile which can exceed the roles we want it for. Reuniclus is posing a problem too at this point so we went with the extra power of Life Orb. We put on pursuit for now.

To be honest Tennis and I were like "Fuck Chandelure!" and we added Mega Aerodactyl as a pursuit trapper. This turned out to be more of an asset to the team than we thought. Not only does it trap Chandelure, but even things that threaten the rest of the team like Roserade and Venomoth. The offensive rock and flying moves are good on their own and lure in steel types for Slowking to come in and spam scald. After we implemented Maero, we changed pursuit to super power on Krook because Mega Abomasnow is a threat!

Finally we chose Forretress because of our lack of spinner and our slight weakness to Mega Beedrill. Tennis and I already had rocks on our team so we gave it spikes with the standard options. After it was all said and done, I was really disappointing that we made a noobish florges, bulky water, steel type core haha. I didn't care after a while because it turned out to be a beautiful thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
@

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sacred Sword

- Toxic

- Taunt

- Synthesis

Virizion: To my surprise, Virizion as a stall breaker works very well. The lack of Synthesis PP is almost never a problem even when stalling out Florges. Sacred Sword is a superior choice of stab over Gigadrain. It makes my ability, Justified, useful as I tend to switch in on dark moves from Hydregion or Mega Blastoise very often. It also hits the immune steel types and can ensure good damage on Snorlax even if its boosted. Poison types wall this pokemon very well. If I know a poison type is coming in on Virizion, I taunt and get out or I just double. The taunt ensures that the incoming poison type cannot set up hazards or go for some sort of status move. Virizion is my designated bulky water removal as well as a safe electric resist. You don't have to spend any bulk on speed because Virizion can catch all uninvested bulky walls in the tier.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
@

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail

- Scald

- Psychic

- Slack Off

Slowking: A bulky water type phazer with scald is always a great addition to a team. This pokemon saves my team from everything forretress can't wall on its own such as Entei and Infernape. It also isn't as passive as forretress. I can freely switch into fighting or fire types and fire off a scald without much consequence. Regenerator allows me to click slack off less and scald more. Psychic works great for hitting the pokemon with water absorb/ dry skin. Slowking's ability to dragon tail away pokemon helps a lot with Reuniclus. I resist both primary moves and then feed it my tail. If reuni is sporting the Shadow Ball, then krookodile walls it pretty well and gets it low enough where Mega Aerodactyl can revenge it. With spikes and stealth rocks on the field, little is preventing me from just click d tail over and over again.
@

Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 48 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind

- Synthesis

- Aromatherapy

- Moonblast

Florges: Calm mind Florges offers an effective win condition for this team. While being able to wall a significant amount of special attackers, I only use florges as a wall when I absolutely have to. Preserving florges as a win condition is very important if it has the ability to sweep your opponents team. Virizion takes most of the special pressure off this team. Florges's Aromatherapy is a great addition to this team. Since Virizion takes the scalds, it is going to get burnt every once and a while. Slowking is also taking those sacred fires, and hax is happens all the time.
@

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Superpower

Krookodile: I have a nice ice type lure here. Mamoswine and Mega Abomasnow stay in on krook all the time. I am guilty of doing it myself. The cool part is Super Power kills both. Life orb provides the amount of power that I need to break through certain set up mons or bulky walls. Stealth rocks is kind of hard to get off because the damage I get on the switch is usually worth more than rocks. Still is great if you need rocks off and don't mind taking a lot of damage or dying to your opponent's next attack. Both ground and dark type greatly benefits my team. The ground prevents the volt turn from completely demolishing my team while the dark typing allows me to resist attacks from sweepers and get off an intimidate. This is another pokemon that I like to keep alive as a revenge killer. You can't switch into a lot because of life orb but its necessary. The poison resist is important for killing off nidos and dragalge.
@

Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit

- Stone Edge

- Aerial Ace

- Roost

Mega Aerodactyl: A fast pursuit trapper works wonders for this team. Chandelure can pose a problem since Virizion is weak to fire and florges isn't doing much back to it. Maero can come in on the fire attack and kill it off. The same goes for Mega Beedrill. While I do have Forretress, I get tired of getting whittled and then put into range of any attack. I use pursuit for Roserade as well. Roserade is a coomon switch in on Florges and Virizion. I can just wall it with Forretress but hp fire reveals itself often. The rest of my move pool is to ensure that I can be healthy enough to pursuit trap these threats as well as do good damage to anything I want to. I am walled by steel types but Slowking is a switch and then i just scald away.
@

Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball

- Volt Switch

- Spikes

- Rapid Spin

Forretress: My designated spinner is forretress. Beedrill's attack combo is deadly and I couldn't have Mega Aero taking all those U-turns. This also blocks Slurpuff from taking out my pokemon since it can set up on almost anything on my team. I have to keep this healthy versus certain match ups or I will lose to sweepers like Salamence. Of course I do not recommend sending this right into Sally, that's slowking's job. What you can switch into is other forretress. You take any move spin and volt or spike up. Another job forretress does is switch into Venomoth predicting the sleep or the quiver. If not life orb, Forry lives a plus one bug buzz and kills with gyro.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you guys like the team. Their are a few specific sets/ strategies that will give you a very hard time, but it is possible to win those games through some skillful strategies (scald spam). Here is a replay of me losing to sticky web + jellicent a strat I couldnt climb out of since my jellicent killer (Virizion) has to be faster in order for it to work.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogtours-uu-83866
Here is a game for the team tour. Was a really great battle that showcases the team very well.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-284858816

iplaytennislol Thanks for building with me!

Everyone else!
YABO Shiba Pak LeoLancaster I'm actually Cash dodmen IronBullet malinowski Hogg R0ady Thisbemyalt Christo The Gr8 Vapo teal6 Omfuga daedalus1103 Euphonos LilOu Lixx ehat shadestep iWanka Kreme King UU NV Sacri' Ununhexium
Thanks guys for supporting the UU community and being good frens. Leave a nice rate if you can although I feel this team is as good as its ganna get. If I change one thing, I might leave room for a greater weakness. Thanks again for all of your support. :)

Jabba (Virizion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Synthesis

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 48 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Nixon (Krookodile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

Adaam

I’m a computer-y guy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
You might want to run Psyshock over Psychic anyway, even without CM. You hit Heliolisk, Heracross, Florges, Blissey (force it to heal more often), Roserade, Bee (Psychic doesn't guarantee OHKO lol), and AV Machamp harder than you would with Psychic.

I like this team more than the last one you made, you don't lose to scarf chandelure so easily. After playing a couple of games I would only recommend using cm slowking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)