VGC '11 US Southeast Regional - Atlanta, GA - WON BY TheCaptainFalcon & Maski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Gwinnett Center [ Map ]
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097
Phone: 770-813-7500​

For the second year in a row TPCi has chosen the Gwinnett center in Atlanta for a VGC after switching from Nashville last year. This is the last stop for the VGC before it heads up to the east coast, and is sure to be an exciting event. Unlike last year, this year will see the players split up into the Junior, Senior and Master divisions based upon the age of the player.

Attending
Master's Division (Born in 1995 or earlier)
  1. Alaka
  2. mingot
  3. mudkipmaster
  4. Raistmagic
  5. peadawg14
  6. ncsbert
  7. mzenken
  8. Ivan Starr
  9. Ice-Master
  10. necrostevo
  11. Coaster
  12. Blades
  13. Jin-Roh
  14. steven27738
  15. CakesOfSpan
  16. FlayminPopsikL
  17. destinybond
  18. Galroug
  19. SunLR
  20. Cloggerdude
  21. Falkon
  22. TsukasaSIGN
  23. GokartMozart
  24. Salamachine
  25. TheMantyke
  26. SirJustin
  27. SirIan
  28. Aiya
Senior's Division (Born in 1996, 1997, 1998, or 1999)
  1. Albinoloon
  2. -Ventegrius-
  3. Mal
  4. Locoforludicolo
  5. Maski
  6. dingram
  7. Nyeh

Representing Waverly, TN in the seniors division. I was going to have at least 8 participants if it were in Nashville, but this works too. Need to make some calls though....

Is there a limit to how many compete? Like first 500 there or will every one be able to compete if they show up? Sorry if it is to soon to tell I am just curious.
If I can go expect to see me in the Masters Division.

The Master's Division has 1024 slots. I think you'll be fine ;D

Relly? That rocks. Is it like last year were you had to show up on the Friday before the tournement to register your team? Also if you asked one of the judges or people running the tournement can they check if a pokemon is legit? I got Shiny Landorus Max Iv's over Wi-Fi but I am questioning it's legitness. I have a back up in case but if it is legit I would love to use it. Also if Pokesav pokemon are on your DS to they automatically think you are cheating? I have some for testing but I will realease them if it is though that I am cheating.

Also sorry for all the questions. It comes with this being my first one if I am going.

Also final question for now: Should I be worried about many people using RNG'd abused pokemon

Relly? That rocks. Is it like last year were you had to show up on the Friday before the tournement to register your team? Also if you asked one of the judges or people running the tournement can they check if a pokemon is legit? I got Shiny Landorus Max Iv's over Wi-Fi but I am questioning it's legitness. I have a back up in case but if it is legit I would love to use it. Also if Pokesav pokemon are on your DS to they automatically think you are cheating? I have some for testing but I will realease them if it is though that I am cheating.

Also sorry for all the questions. It comes with this being my first one if I am going.

Also final question for now: Should I be worried about many people using RNG'd abused pokemon
You didn't have to show up the friday last year...

Also, if you have the officials check your game, and it IS hacked, they will disqualify you without letting you release it. TPCi is very strict about the no hacking policy, but a simple clone by an AR will go undetected.

Yes. RNG'ing is very easy in Gen V, so be afraid of high IV'd Pokemon.

I live in Georgia beyond the clay dropoff and in the middle of the redneck ridden swamps. I might show up If I can muster the courage and cash.

You didn't have to show up the friday last year...

Also, if you have the officials check your game, and it IS hacked, they will disqualify you without letting you release it. TPCi is very strict about the no hacking policy, but a simple clone by an AR will go undetected.

Yes. RNG'ing is very easy in Gen V, so be afraid of high IV'd Pokemon.

So I should just release my Poke's? Darn....
Dang I dispise the RNG because I am not allowed to download the program because my parents think downloading things from the internet will cause a virus. Though at 15 I should be able to decide for myself, right?

I find it a travesty that Mingot is in a group called masters when he legitimately is in the Non VGC, real life, seniors group.

Most likely going this year. I certainly hope to do well if the Arnolds don't crash the party this year.

note: Masters

I will be participating in my third video game championship, my fourth overall official Pokemon tournament if I count me being 2nd place in the Georgia Pokemon Journey Across America Tourney from 2006. See you guys there. >:D

Edit: I was born in 1992, Masters Division.

Not going..... Shoot.

Hope to see you guys at nationals. I am going for the Last Chance Qualifier. Also if there are no complaints I have a quick question. For the Last Chance Qualifiers I am confused as to when it is. The site says July 8th but only lists when registration is for the divsions are the next day. So when is it? Before than? Sorry if I shouldn't be asking this here but I am curious.

Not going..... Shoot.

Hope to see you guys at nationals. I am going for the Last Chance Qualifier. Also if there are no complaints I have a quick question. For the Last Chance Qualifiers I am confused as to when it is. The site says July 8th but only lists when registration is for the divsions are the next day. So when is it? Before than? Sorry if I shouldn't be asking this here but I am curious.
It is July 8th. I don't know where you see the fact that registration is the next day...

Bad word choice.

I meant to say that the registration is on Friday and the rounds are on Saturday. Does that make more sense? lol.

But is the Last Chance Qualifiers before the registration on that day? As in before the 2 (4?) o'clock registration, or during or after?
Sorry for asking about the National Tournement here but I am curious.

But on topic I know a friend of mine who might be going to the Georgia Tourny andd competing in Masters.

Bad word choice.

I meant to say that the registration is on Friday and the rounds are on Saturday. Does that make more sense? lol.

But is the Last Chance Qualifiers before the registration on that day?
Sorry for asking about the National Tournement here but I am curious.

But on topic I know a friend of mine who might be going to the Georgia Tourny andd competing in Masters.
LCQ Registration and rounds are on July 8th. It is just that registration for the official Nat's is that day too.

LCQ Registration and rounds are on July 8th. It is just that registration for the official Nat's is that day too.

I am just going to say this one more time.
What time is it at?
During registration? Before Registration? Or After?

This is my final post here I swear for those who think I am being annoying.

Most likely driving up from Florida to go. I just have to get a friend to be responsible for the hotel.

Masters in da house

I am just going to say this one more time.
What time is it at?
During registration? Before Registration? Or After?

This is my final post here I swear for those who think I am being annoying.
Registration for the LCQ. You play the LCQ after you register...

Masters Division:
Line opens: 1:00 P.M.
Line closes: 1:30 P.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)