VGC '11 US Southeast Regional - Atlanta, GA - WON BY TheCaptainFalcon & Maski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to the finals in senior devision and then lost on the 1st round in finals. It was fun, liked it better than last year. Except 1 kid got angry at me.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WAIT! You are Canadian? We could have had the first Canadian regional champion since skarm got disqualified in Chicago for being Canadian? Ahhhh dammit Maski! Congrats >=(

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Alaka, mingot, friend of dark horse all out round 3
blades also out, don't know which round

dark horse and themantyke in lounge

4 rounds to get to lounge today

I got paired up with novices, so I saw a few bad teams. But the better teams I saw were tailwind teams, trick room teams, and teams that were anti whimsicott-terrakion combo.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's no stream and likely won't be. The coverage in the arena is pretty spotty apparently.

I got there at 1:40 P.M. and they sent us home. Stuff happened prior to getting to the arena. I didn't even get a chance to compete. I don't understand though why they extended the damn registration last year though. Oh whatever I guess, regulations are regulations.

That sucks, I would hate if that happened to me
It blows big time. I placed runner up in the Georgia Pokemon Jounrey Across America tournament back in 2006 when I was thirteen. My older brother and myself traveled from Georgia to Nashville for the VGC in 2009. He picked me up from Florida in 2010 so I could have the chance to compete in the 2010 one at Gwinnett Center. A little delays of personal stuff occur and we arrived ten minutes late and they send us home. What pisses me off is that the Gwinnett Center is about a damn five minute drive away from us depending on traffic. I'm just angered and heart broken that one of my dreams (Yes Pokemon playing can be dreams) was crushed and I didn't even get to play.

Morale of the Story: Arrive as early as you possibly can no matter what.

I made sure to arrive an hour before it started. But we arrive 30 minutes after our expected time. If I had left at my original planned time, I would have been sent home.
The VGC was fun this year and I'm happy I made it to the finals because I got eliminated on the 1st round last year. The only thing that wasn't pleasant this year was the 1 kid got angry at me for beating him.

I made sure to arrive an hour before it started. But we arrive 30 minutes after our expected time. If I had left at my original planned time, I would have been sent home.
The VGC was fun this year and I'm happy I made it to the finals because I got eliminated on the 1st round last year. The only thing that wasn't pleasant this year was the 1 kid got angry at me for beating him.

2006: I knew about competitive battling, EVs, etc. but my team was totally noobish. I did manage to make second place / runner up. I got a Skitty pillow and an exclusive design GBA Micro. I got my second place medal in the mail some months later.

2009: The travel to Nashville felt like forever, but it was well worth it. The resort area where the tournament was held was beautiful. The whole lottery thing they used to select players at the time was a big risk for us to even consider to have going. What would have been the point to drive to Nashville from Georgia and not even get a chance to compete? My brother and myself luckily did get drafted in that little lottery and competed. I got eliminated by imperfectluck in my final round before the semi-finals officially happened. His team was nice and caught me by surprised.

2010: I was in Florida days before the Georgia VGC. I practically begged my mom to get me a ride to my home state and off of a nice vacation there to play some damn Pokemon. I came into the Georgia VGC with a bad skin tan, damaged hair, and my Judas Priest shirt. I made it to the semi-finals and got eliminated by the Arnold family dad I believe. I placed top 16.

2011: You don't get there on time you don't play.

Finalist here. This was my first tournament, and I didn't expect to get that far, actually.

It was suprisingly easy, except for when I fought in the final round, where I made careless mistakes and lost.

If anyone was there, I was the dude in a plaid blue/yellow shirt.

Played terribly, lost to a gent named Ian in the fourth round who completely outclassed me. In retrospect it was still fun but I don't think I have the time to put towards competing anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)