VGC '11 US Southeast Regional - Atlanta, GA - WON BY TheCaptainFalcon & Maski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I tried looking that up but both Captain Falcon and CaptainFalcon are in Europe so yeah not sure which user that is >.>; Congrats to him nonetheless!

Its Destinybond's friend. He was Captain Falcon on Skarmbliss PO server which is how Destinybond was referring to him.

I got taken out in round one of the finals. I was the dude with long-ish brown hair, black shorts, and a black Innumerable Forms tshirt.

Lost in top 32 to captain falcon
I had cruised there but still got crushed! He would have lost to "guy who beat alaka" in the finals but dodged a heat wave that would have ko'd on the last turn and won

The runner-up actually goes to my university and knows my roommate from last year. He didn't respond when me, themantyke and a couple others were talking about smogon so I don't think he posts here

Lost in top 32 to captain falcon
I had cruised there but still got crushed! He would have lost to "guy who beat alaka" in the finals but dodged a heat wave that would have ko'd on the last turn and won

The runner-up actually goes to my university and knows my roommate from last year. He didn't respond when me, themantyke and a couple others were talking about smogon so I don't think he posts here
He doesnt, I had a chance to talk to him. He said he only lurks smogon sometimes

I got knocked out in the first round due to a Brightpowder miss (my Gyro Ball) and flinch hax on Landorus afterward. Would've 3-0'd otherwise.

Eh...That's Pokémon, though.

Wow, my name is mentioned in this thread. I feel special!

I was knocked out in the first finalist round by a guy who was with the large group from Florida. Still, being in the top 32 (29) was awesome and I couldn't have wished for more. It was a blast and it was awesome to see a good deal of smogoners in real life!

Played terribly, lost to a gent named Ian in the fourth round who completely outclassed me. In retrospect it was still fun but I don't think I have the time to put towards competing anymore.
You did good man, don't give up on Pokemon! You wanna be the very best, like no one ever was!

I had an awesome time at my first VGC, and even made it to round 3! I ended up losing to the fact that my Mach Punch left about 2 HP on his Seismitoad x: But, oh well, it was awesome

Alaka in all his glory. I'm at 7th, but got moved down later on. I really like how VGC was conducted this year. Team registration was swift with the new system, and that system also ensured nobody switches their Pokemon or items between matches. It also lets you see how you've done in the event. A neat system overall, I hope they keep using it. The Battle Test thing was also cool, if only there was some prize for making the leaderboard.

Master Final being uploaded to YouTube right now.

I lost in round 2 because I didn't do the obvious and Taunt Cofagrigus on turn 1. Then, OF COURSE, Bright Powder makes Encore miss turn 2. Maybe next year I'll stop shooting myself in the foot. -_____-

Got there right around when Jrs. final was on. Met up with mingot and Alaka. Met Synre and his friend from Michigan. Watched Maski win seniors, which didn't look too good for her at the beginning, but she pulled it out. Got in line, waited in line, played badly. Met last years Nationals champ, Wesley, talked to him for a while. Watched the rest of the matches while contemplating what in the hell I was thinking when I didn't Taunt that first turn in round 2.

Met Mike Liesik too, and thanked him for the chairs this year. I told him that I thought TPCi was doing a great job, and that the community really appreciates the tournament. He said he's got even more things planned for next year, and that they're committed to growing the event. I wasn't able to try and get any details out of him though. Seems like a nice guy overall.

Overall, a decent day. Met some nice people and had some good conversations.

I don't think anyone was humored by us yelling out "TEETER!!!" when spotting Liligant on one of the screens. Atlanta is such a tough crowd in general. (and no, he did not use Teeter Dance)

Interestingly enough, my wife might be trying to persuade me to fly us out for the worlds LCQ, since her sister and their family are moving out there right now. Not entirely sure if this can happen this year though.

Was maski the person that used tornadus, amoonguss, electross and some other stuff? She 3-0d me on the first round in finals. She is rlly good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)