VGC '12 Canada National - Toronto - WON by Chinese Dood

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm up for hanging out. i was going to bring my N64 as well but if Roz is then i'll just bring more games. i can bring snap and diddy kong racing?

I can also bring some stuff; as I can just leave any bulky crap in my room.

May be I should ask if they still use those Hotel Room (read: crap) TVs, since if they have RCA inputs, we'll be set.

i'm up for hanging out. i was going to bring my N64 as well but if Roz is then i'll just bring more games. i can bring snap and diddy kong racing?
Ya those are good games. I don't have 4 controllers though, I think I only have two left, so it'd be great if you could bring controllers too.

i have one controller that works but i'll bring it. i also have snowboard kids, which i forgot about. :U
Ohhh! I love Snowboard Kids!!! I haven't played it in so long because my N64's Power Adapter's not working, and I'm not sure I even have the game anymore now. I would love to play it again! Smash Bros is cool too of course.

The only thing I could offer is ... a lot of boardgames that probably no one here has heard of, but most of them are pretty big and inconvenient to bring on the plane. I can probably bring a few small cards-based ones and see if there's interest. How much I get to hang out may depend at least a bit on my gf though. We'll see. :)

does anyone by chance have an extra copy of black/white they'd be able to let a friend of mine borrow for nats? i have an extra DS but only 1 5th gen cart

are they still region restricted for nats? i only have a japanese black to lend. :/

also chinese_dood, i love card games. i go to my local comic shop's games night every week and play all kinds of junk.

I also only have a Japanese Pokemon White to lend unfortunately... ...

@Feathers: Cool! I have boardgame nights with friends every weekend, actually usually 2, on rare occasion 3 (have like 3 different groups of boardgame friends). Usually it's boardgames with boards though (and potentially some cards that go with the board) and not just card games on its own, but I do have a few games that are just cards.

I can probably bring some of the following: Guillotine, Citadels, Bohnanza, Baker's Dozen, Coloretto, Hanabi... all card games that are fairly small in size (and each game doesn't take much time to play through except Citadels and Bohnanza). Might not bring boardgames since all of mine have small pieces/components/blocks/etc. which get lost easily and I wouldn't want to lose in Toronto. Plus there's only so much time (each bg takes at least an hour to play out, usually more, probably more like 2 hours on first play).

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I might be able to lend my bro's copy, since I don't think he will be playing in this round. As a suggestion we may want to wear Canada Day clothing and such so we can just party in the streets and maybe point out how silly it is that the tournament is being held on a National Holiday.

I can probably bring some of the following: Guillotine, Citadels, Bohnanza, Baker's Dozen, Coloretto, Hanabi... all card games that are fairly small in size (and each game doesn't take much time to play through except Citadels and Bohnanza). Might not bring boardgames since all of mine have small pieces/components/blocks/etc. which get lost easily and I wouldn't want to lose in Toronto. Plus there's only so much time (each bg takes at least an hour to play out, usually more, probably more like 2 hours on first play).
CITADELS I LIKE THAT ONE A LOT

and yeah i play a lot of random board games so i understand. mostly last night on earth and arkham horror

i might bring a couple card games. kittens in a blender is really simple and anomia is so much fun but you have to really get into it.

Yeah sure! I have boardgame nights at my place nearly every weekend (usually Sunday, sometimes Fri/Sat). You're totally welcome to come to Richmond to join if interested!

I'll bring at least Citadels to VGC then. It's not my most favorite game ever, but it's simple enough to teach (if needed) and is usually fun.

These are the boardgames I have. I'm sure most will be unfamiliar to most people reading this, but if there's interest, I can try to bring one to Toronto possibly: 1) 7 Wonders (with Leaders Expansion), 2) Dungeon Petz, 3) Eminent Domain, 4) Elfenland, 5) The Mines of Zavandor, 6)Show Manager, 7)Acquire, 8)Torres, 9)Pack 'n' Stack, 10) Last Will, 11) Homesteaders (2nd Edition), 12)Wasabi!, 13) Power Grid: First Sparks, 14) Hotel Samoa, 15) Pandemic (with "On the Brink" Expansion)

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you can get on IRC, there's people in #vgc on SynIRC that should be able to help.
And why are you getting VGC mons? Shouldn't you be top cutting TCG? Where's the confidence? ;D

If you can get on IRC, there's people in #vgc on SynIRC that should be able to help.
And why are you getting VGC mons? Shouldn't you be top cutting TCG? Where's the confidence? ;D
it's always good to prepare for the worst :D i donno what irc is :( but Mark said he could help me with some rngs. any cool suggestions? should pm them to me so others wouldnt know my super secret team hehe :P

Not sure if everyone already knows about this, but confirmed details for TCG and VGC have been posted on Skyfox Games website. TCG and VGC Registration will be from 9:00-10:30AM on Saturday and Sunday respectively. Here are the links:

TCG:
http://www.skyfoxgames.com/tourname...dian-national-championships-trading-card.html

TCG Top Cut:
http://www.skyfoxgames.com/tourname...ional-championships-trading-card-top-cut.html

VGC:
http://www.skyfoxgames.com/tourname...nadian-national-championships-video-game.html

If anyone needs any extra cartridges, adapters or even a ds or anything and on the off chance are going through Red Deer alberta, let me know! I know im super new, but cant make it due to work and you can always just mail it back. Not too fussy lol

Marcescent and friend can't come, they're both working ;(
Also can anyone else bring their N64 to the event? I don't know if I'll be able to bring mine with me. I can still bring games + 1-2 controllers, but I don't know about the console itself.

Edit: Okay forget about that, I'm bringing my N64 + 2 controllers with 5 games: Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Pokémon Stadium, Super Smash Bros. and Bomberman 64 for the lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)