VGC '12 Canada National - Toronto - WON by Chinese Dood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chinese Dood wins the final, first ever Canadian National Champion! Congratulations!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We had no tv's and there were a lot of us just crowded around two ds screens on ir connection for the finals. I'm uploading my video now of the first match, it will be shaky and I didn't have a manual focus. FearZeCrawdaunt will upload his soon too which will have better focus, less shaky cam, and more of skarm's hand.

TL;DW: Muddy Water misses.

Thanks all! I was expecting to do well, but totally did not expect to win at all. I was pretty lucky on a few turns too.

I'll do a more detailed write-up later, but just fyi for those who watched that first match, Gyarados was holding Wide Lens, so Aqua Tail has 99% accuracy (wasn't especially lucky with those aqua tails hitting).

It was also cool meeting all you fellow Canadian pokemon peoples. :)

EDIT: Also, thanks Charzaro for the Heatran you traded me! It did well in a few battles. Other than Hitmontop (and I guess Rotom-W), my team used fairly non-standard movesets.

First of all, congrats to Chinese Dood and Skarm for winning Nats with a 1st 2nd finished!
I went 3-2 drop since I figured that going -2 would mean i would not top cut. =/

Loved that Challenge Cup Stadium 2 afterwards, it was super, super good fun.
I hope to see you sometime next year. Again, it was great!

First of all, congrats to Chinese Dood and Skarm for winning Nats with a 1st 2nd finished!
I went 3-2 drop since I figured that going -2 would mean i would not top cut. =/

Loved that Challenge Cup Stadium 2 afterwards, it was super, super good fun.
I hope to see you sometime next year. Again, it was great!
I was wondering what happened to you, since I didn't see your name on the final Swiss rankings.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
R Inanimate vs skarm was a possible final. However, there was a Snorlax blocking the path, and I didn't have a Pokeflute.

Congrats to Chinese Dood, and skarm for making it to the Worlds!

Jolteon is broken in challenge cup.

First of all congratulations to Chinese Dood and Skarm!

I faced Skarm in the last Swiss round and it was a very interesting matchup which I wanted to recreate in the finals but didn't happen. In any case he should have the battle video which has been getting a lot of demand from Japanese players, so we should see it uploaded soon.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
gg to everyone i played. i promise that next year, i'll know ALL the pokemon.

and then there will be a new canada world champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)