VGC '12 Canada National - Toronto - WON by Chinese Dood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about this too, Pokemon.com doesn't show a record of any VGC participation yet... I figure it's probably just no one has input all the Player ID and data yet, was going to give it a couple weeks before I contacted support.

don't complain to me about being poor. art students are a whole different class buddy. in exchange for being academically challenged, we get to pay $5 for one oil pastel.

just tell one of your parents to start working for air canada. i'd offer discounts but that doesn't work unless my dad actually goes as well, which he won't do.

i hope it goes well with your parents, especially after having an exam during the tournament (it was an exam right?)

also i am happy there is top cut. it now feels more worth it to me. not that it wasn't before but you know.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your info will be on the website soon. Just wait. At first only our Play! points were showing up but our ELO rankings have been uploaded now too. Once Ontario submits your information it should be up as well.

Good to hear about Top Cut. Considering it's supposed to be Best of 3 if like the US, hopefully it won't keep people too long by being on one day.

I'll be going to Nationals in Masters with 3 friends and possibly my brother.

My in game name is Player and I was one of the few girls at the Toronto Regionals.

I'll be there; my in game name (same as I used at Regionals) is Ryab.
Gah! I lost to you! (Judging by how few girls there were there, I am assuming saying that I am the girl is specific enough for you to remember me. I was gonna say how I lost, but then I realized that will probably give out too much team information.)

Is there going to be an LCQ required for participating in Nats? Is it only on July 1st?

If I don't make TCG top cut, you can count on me trying to get to worlds whatever way I can ;)

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nope. Open Swiss starting July 1st it seems. You know it's almost as cheap for us to go to Worlds and just use the probable LCQ there right? =P

Nope. Open Swiss starting July 1st it seems. You know it's almost as cheap for us to go to Worlds and just use the probable LCQ there right? =P
Hah, if you live in BC... flying to Hawaii from Toronto usually takes you through BC, actually. I don't think I can justify it unless I win travel expenses at Nats. I seriously can't even express how happy I am that they're doing both first rounds in Toronto. :D

But man would I like to go to Worlds...

Well--maybe, maybe not (I'll email the guy back, see if he can shed some light). Toronto Regionals finished by 1:30, plenty of time for a Top Cut in the afternoon. Even without, it should still be fun, but justifying a flight is thankfully not something I'll need to worry about... hopefully Mr. Paguirigan will give us good news, then.
Im one of the judges at the tournament. Was wearing the Gengar plush hat. We were discussing a top cut however the rep from TPCi said not to run one because we werent sure of the numbers. I would relay this information to Marvin about the need for the Top Cut and see where we go from there. ANy questions or conerns you could PM me.

I was wondering about this too, Pokemon.com doesn't show a record of any VGC participation yet... I figure it's probably just no one has input all the Player ID and data yet, was going to give it a couple weeks before I contacted support.
Tournaments take a while to get uploaded. Our PTO runs other events and it could take up to 3 weeks. It will be uploaded before nationals though.

Haha, yeah but I'm heading to Nats for TCG. Apparently how TCG is going to work is:

Swiss on the 29th and 30th, Top Cut on the 1st.

So if I head there for TCG and don't make Top Cut, I can still play in VGC :D and if I do make Top Cut... well... dude. I made Top Cut in TCG. That's a big deal :P

That said I was looking into flights last night and they're looking to be a pain. That said, I might actually go to Worlds xD. Just because I have these aeroplan points I need to use up, and I might only be able to use them 1-way to Toronto (and catch a non-aeroplan-paid flight back). Meaning I'd have a lot of points leftover... though I could use em to do the same thing next year?

Haha, yeah but I'm heading to Nats for TCG. Apparently how TCG is going to work is:

Swiss on the 29th and 30th, Top Cut on the 1st.

So if I head there for TCG and don't make Top Cut, I can still play in VGC :D and if I do make Top Cut... well... dude. I made Top Cut in TCG. That's a big deal :P

That said I was looking into flights last night and they're looking to be a pain. That said, I might actually go to Worlds xD. Just because I have these aeroplan points I need to use up, and I might only be able to use them 1-way to Toronto (and catch a non-aeroplan-paid flight back). Meaning I'd have a lot of points leftover... though I could use em to do the same thing next year?
That is for the American Nationals. Canadian Nationals will have the TCG swiss on Saturday June 30th with a possible paly till the top 8. The rest of the Top cut matches for TCG will play on Sunday July 1st.
We are organizing things for players to arrive later on the Sunday due to the late start of the TTC Subway. We were thinking of starting rewg at 10:30 till 12:00.

That is for the American Nationals. Canadian Nationals will have the TCG swiss on Saturday June 30th with a possible paly till the top 8. The rest of the Top cut matches for TCG will play on Sunday July 1st.
We are organizing things for players to arrive later on the Sunday due to the late start of the TTC Subway. We were thinking of starting rewg at 10:30 till 12:00.
Even better! At Regionals I ended up dropping out of VGC because I made TCG top cut, but lost in the first round and just hung around for most of the day.

Even better! At Regionals I ended up dropping out of VGC because I made TCG top cut, but lost in the first round and just hung around for most of the day.
I know a few TCG players that made cut that registered for VGC and got 1-2 round losses and played the rest for fun!
AT nationals we will be running a mini-league and all sorts of fun activities from what we were told during the judges meeting.

Firestorm

Time to look up if a Vancouver -> Indianapolis -> Toronto circuit is doable ;D Could you let us know once the amount of Worlds invites/trips for VGC are determined?

I know a few TCG players that made cut that registered for VGC and got 1-2 round losses and played the rest for fun!
AT nationals we will be running a mini-league and all sorts of fun activities from what we were told during the judges meeting.
Yeah I could have entered with a first round loss, but I had lent out my team to a friend since I wasn't planning on playing :P That, and I don't think I could have won anything even if I had gone X-1 from that point on since I would have autolossed giving me terrible resistance.

So VGC Regionals were done by 1:30? Could similar time be possible for Nationals you think? I have things to do later on Canada Day given it's... Canada Day... but I probably won't make it past the first portion so...

How does this go time-wise

Time to look up if a Vancouver -> Indianapolis -> Toronto circuit is doable ;D Could you let us know once the amount of Worlds invites/trips for VGC are determined?
I believe paid trips would be awarded for the Top 4 in each division. Will verify once I get the details.

Yeah I could have entered with a first round loss, but I had lent out my team to a friend since I wasn't planning on playing :P That, and I don't think I could have won anything even if I had gone X-1 from that point on since I would have autolossed giving me terrible resistance.
I guess so. But if you won your other 4 games you could have a chance!

So VGC Regionals were done by 1:30? Could similar time be possible for Nationals you think? I have things to do later on Canada Day given it's... Canada Day... but I probably won't make it past the first portion so...

How does this go time-wise
The judging staff discussed starting a bit later on the Sunday at around 11-12. Plan for at least 2-3 hrs of playing if we aren't cutting to the top. More details will follow on Skyfoxgames.com

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can you partake in the Nationals if you weren't able to make Regionals? I had an exam the very next day so my hands were full. If you can, are there any requirements?

Also is there something I need to do? Like my regionals record won't show up on Pokemon it says I haven't attended any VGC events, is it possible I have to do something in order for it to show?
Just a heads up, my Pokemon.com account is now updated with the Regional records. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)