VGC '12 Italy National - Milan - April 1st - WON BY --Kasty--!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've lost in top 8 against sekiam, he haxed me quite a lot XD , but i'm really happy for his second place^^ good luck for worlds buddy!

Can I just say that I had a blast of a time at Milan today and was great to see so many familiar faces as well as new ones today. It was indeed a shame that the british have simply just been really unlucky this year and I hope that there can be some way to create a Swiss format for next year but obviously I leave that up to the hosts to come up with a viable suggestion although if you do have any suggestions on how it could happen then definitely quote me.

European Masters Country Worlds Qualifiers:

Spain: 7
Germany: 7
UK: 3
France: 2

I'm sorry if I haven't counted Ruben here but this is the list of those attending Worlds for their country.

I have had such a great time around europe with all of you and I'm welling up inside on how it's all over now, every single weekend going to another european qualifier and now it's back to the normal studying until Hawaii but seriously, europe, thank you. XXXXX

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Outofthedarkness/shock wave went out round one. I met him this morning, seemed like a great competitor. How did noone report this back sooner?

Just back from Milan...I had a beautiful day, met lot of Smogoners and watched some great battles. Congrats to the guys who ranked in the Top4.
The performance of the Italians really disappointed me...I will be the only italian in master division at worlds :/

This game is so wrong.

How is possible, of 600+ choices only an handful 10/15 are used in the metagame?! Mirror matches were the commonplace, and when you have nearly the same skill and use the same pokemon, only luck determines the "best" players to get a full paid trip to Hawaii. So why shouldn't we do a lottery? I pick a card, you pick a card, if you get the correct one you win ;)

I lost in round 2 to a german player, not for misplay, not for match-up, just luck. My opponent was aware of this and apologized. But there was nothing I could do about it.

I don't care anymore who wins these tournaments, to my eyes they're just lucky players who won a lottery. Fortunately, I didn't come to Milan just for the tournament but also for my friends ;)

The performance of the Italians really disappointed me...I will be the only italian in master division at worlds :/
This is what happens when nearly half of the players were foreigner. Bad players wouldn't do an european tour and the italian competitors at Milan weren't all top players. That wasn't a national italian tournament, that was an "european championship", we had a numeric disadvantage. Plus our top players got haxed to death barely before top 4, you shouldn't be disappointed.

P.S: TEAM UK!!!!!1

We are sitting next to each other in the train ^

I don't agree with you: this was a european tournament as you said but you didn't only lose because of hax and the spaniards deserved the victory because they played better almost always (yes they haxed too but you can't hax 6 rounds in a row, statistics is against them).
And don't say things like "this game is wrong" because this IS Pokèmon and hax is a big part of the game, nobody wants to lose because of things like 5 fully pars or two freezes, but missing a 90% accuracy move once every two or three rounds just happens and this is very likely to happen.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There's missing a move, and missing it at the most essential time ever. I think that's what determines "hax" as such. I really don't want to do this debate though, I think it happens in every thread, and it's a little old guys....

Now I'm on my laptop, I think I should say thanks to every who made the EU events what they were people wise, three events, with no trip, but I met so many great people, I can't ignore that. I know some people don't like the "Euro Qualifiers" we seem to have had in France and Italy (Where I went) but the list of people I met was so long. If we didn't meet or say Hi for whatever reason, sorry!

Back in England this morning... what an event. Gonna add a more detailed post when I get time but hahahaha I was expecting it to be even worse than Birmingham. Instead it was like 5x better despite not even being allowed to play, WOW. So lovely to see everyone, both those I had and hadn't met before. It's a crying shame how things have changed this year or I could've been going to Hawaii, but even through that I had so much fun. A real testament to how the actual game isn't what we go for.

And Dozz, the world is begging for that Euro warstory. Some really, really quite amazing stuff going on.

HELLO!! MY NAME. IS PLAYBOY AFRICA!

fistbump

ENGLAND IS GREAT COUNTRY

A MILLION FOR AFRICA????

WAKA WAKA FOR AFRICA

ENGLAND IS GREAT COUNTRY

A MILLION FOR AFRICA????????

...2 EURO FOR AFRICA?

MUTTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)