VGC '12 Italy National - Milan - April 1st - WON BY --Kasty--!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think I'll be ruling myself out of this one, even with all the speculation on the coach back from France. I thought it was going ahead with family, but it doesn't seem to be coming together.
I mean, I'll keep an eye open for deals and such, but looks like my European run is over for this year.

Pretty sure I'll be going to this one even after my sub-par Paris performance.
I just couldn't take it if I knew I would have been able to go but didn't.

Just giving an update to this thread, I'll be attending and looking forward to seeing everyone there, currently the country qualifiers in the masters division are:

Germany: 6
Spanish: 6 (technically 5 if you don't count Ruben)
British: 3
French: 1

I think the German player was either french or italian, are the Spanish attending this event? What is the turnout via the Italians going to be like? Can the British steal the show? Can the Germans do another German Final? Are the French going to make a revolutionary top 4 at Milan?

Can't wait to see the drama unfold, get your best trainers on, it's Milan!

We have booked an apartment in Milan from Friday - Tuesday. Milan was always going to be Team UK's relaxation after European VGC and just reflect on what has been a journey and a half!

I can't wait also for the staff who have worked so hard to do these events have done a fantastic job this year and I'm sure they'll be looking forward to Milan as well.

What about you guys and everyone else? :)

I'm going to stay along with many other Italians in the hotel right in front of Centro Congressi, I was hoping to meet and know you people there, since there will be so many of you and I only know Italian battlers.

gogogo Jordi, Arbol_deku, Mithos, Marta and alexito ¡¡¡ Good luck¡¡¡ SPANIIIIISH ARMYYYYYYY¡¡¡¡¡¡¡:D

and good luck all players of diferents countrys.. specialy Drug duck, Hogan, Alberto and Nico¡¡:D

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you allowed to play to win, Matty? I think it'd be worth a discussion with the higher ups if the staff at the event say no. You could do something along the lines of if you do get top 4, then 5th place (or the person you defeated in top 8) would get the travel award, but you keep the trophy.

It really is an odd situation to be in because you already have the trip, but you still want to be Italy National Champion.

I could have a word with TPCi somehow like the day before when they're setting up but then everyone will be trying to play Matty in a Top8 match to secure a spot for worlds. :/

Are you allowed to play to win, Matty? I think it'd be worth a discussion with the higher ups if the staff at the event say no. You could do something along the lines of if you do get top 4, then 5th place (or the person you defeated in top 8) would get the travel award, but you keep the trophy.

It really is an odd situation to be in because you already have the trip, but you still want to be Italy National Champion.
Yeah...really odd situation :/
In Paris, at the time of registration they told me that I could participate without problems, because i won my travel award in the past season, but when i reached the finalist lounge they changed their mind...
Last week i contacted the player coordinator, and i asked him what the regulation says about that, and why in the USA the 2011 world champions are allowed to play in 2012 events and in europe not.
This is his reply, which honestly leaves me very confused

Matteo,

While it is typically Play! Pokémon policy to allow players with invitations and travel awards to play, and pass down any winnings they are ineligible for, this policy was not clearly communicated to our UK staff who are in charge of the VGC EU events. Because of this confusion, they have communicated a separate policy, not only to you, but to other previous winners.

Due to the way that this policy has been communicated to VGC EU players, we will stand by the policy that has been enforced for this year, and we will update it in future years to be consistent with other Play! Pokémon events.

We apologize for the confusion and miscommunication on this matter.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, it looks like they've admitted an error between US and EU rulings this year, and it's only fair they stick by it for the season. If they let you play for your title, then a player who qualified early doors could argue they should have been allowed to play in later events, maybe in their home nation, to go for their own national pride. It's clear you want your title though, and it's a shame you won't be able to fight for it.

In a way though, I can sort of see why they do it. Players you knock out in top8, or earlier, could feel pretty hard done by, knowing you had to pass up the flight late in tournament so as not to take a prize and such. It seems that once you're into Worlds for the season, they don't want you taking more prizes, making things a bit.. fairer (Not sure if that's the right word) I guess for other players.

Either way, it's not like you can't go and support your friends at the weekend, so just go, and have fun. At least the pressure is off for you!

Either way, it's not like you can't go and support your friends at the weekend, so just go, and have fun. At least the pressure is off for you!
Sure...i'll go and enjoy the show.
Regard to pressure, it will probably be sky high, because my brothers play anyway, and watch without being able to do nothing is more stressful than having to play lol =)

Hey Matt,

There are two points to argue about this situation:

[1] Let's say you win Italian Nationals and you haxed out completely a very good player in let's say Top64. They will feel absolutely robbed and probably could've won themselves if it wasn't for that rock slide miss or something and very well ruined the chances of a very good player, whilst, if he haxed you out and went to win, then it wouldn't matter as much would it?

[2] While I agree that if for example I was German and qualified for worlds in top 4 in UK, should that mean I should be allowed to enter Essen Qualifier to win for the pride of my country? This works also if I was Italian right now and Top 4'd in Paris but want to win Italy for pride.

Fact is here, either way one of the negatives of achieving Top 2 at World level is that you cannot battle for national glory at any european qualifier or even if you qualify in top 4 at a different european qualifier. Whilst I can see why you want to enter for patriotic purposes I totally disagree that you should be allowed to enter any VGC12 Tournament in short and shouldn't be allowed to play at Paris in the first place.

It's nothing against you, obviously you must be a skillful player and want to get training in but you can do that through International Challenge and via requesting good players after the Masters Division ends for matches (like me) and that way you get in that training you'd probably want for Worlds.

It's a shame you can't enter these events to prove your worth but at the same time you can just ask the winner of this Sunday's Qualifier for an Italian GRAND Final match on the knockout area and will go all watch it! :D

Just my two cents, can't wait to meet you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)