VGC '12 Italy National - Milan - April 1st - WON BY --Kasty--!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Matt,

There are two points to argue about this situation:

[1] Let's say you win Italian Nationals and you haxed out completely a very good player in let's say Top64. They will feel absolutely robbed and probably could've won themselves if it wasn't for that rock slide miss or something and very well ruined the chances of a very good player, whilst, if he haxed you out and went to win, then it wouldn't matter as much would it?

[2] While I agree that if for example I was German and qualified for worlds in top 4 in UK, should that mean I should be allowed to enter Essen Qualifier to win for the pride of my country? This works also if I was Italian right now and Top 4'd in Paris but want to win Italy for pride.

Fact is here, either way one of the negatives of achieving Top 2 at World level is that you cannot battle for national glory at any european qualifier or even if you qualify in top 4 at a different european qualifier. Whilst I can see why you want to enter for patriotic purposes I totally disagree that you should be allowed to enter any VGC12 Tournament in short and shouldn't be allowed to play at Paris in the first place.

It's nothing against you, obviously you must be a skillful player and want to get training in but you can do that through International Challenge and via requesting good players after the Masters Division ends for matches (like me) and that way you get in that training you'd probably want for Worlds.

It's a shame you can't enter these events to prove your worth but at the same time you can just ask the winner of this Sunday's Qualifier for an Italian GRAND Final match on the knockout area and will go all watch it! :D

Just my two cents, can't wait to meet you!

Yeah, I unterstand...but you know, the adrenaline of live events is something unique =)
However, having already a paid trip for worlds I can't definitely complain about that. It 's just that I would be happy to compete, that's all. I will enjoy the show and meet a lot of people I have not seen for a lot of time. See you there ;)

Yeah, I unterstand...but you know, the adrenaline of live events is something unique =)
However, having already a paid trip for worlds I can't definitely complain about that. It 's just that I would be happy to compete, that's all. I will enjoy the show and meet a lot of people I have not seen for a lot of time. See you there ;)
Yeah I love the adrenaline although I have more adrenaline hoping my friends do well then when I play, I found that out through Madrid.

Is there anybody from Europe that is going to be having a look round on the Saturday? I possibly will and wouldn't mind meeting up with a few others.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
See you there, my friends. Arriving on saturday evening, leaving tuesday afternoon, enough time for sightseeing, I guess.

On a related note, anyone know how long the metro/train green line no. 2 takes from Centrale F.S. to Assago Milanofiori? 30 minutes, 45 minutes? It´s 12 stations and like 10 km.

Asking to make sure how early to wake up/leave hotel, hopefully the metro will run at something like 6:30 AM on sunday lol.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So many people to root for again.. Peterko, good luck :)

tblakey89 is the one who I most want to qualify though. He's finished in the top 8 three times before now, I think he really deserves it.

I have plenty of other friends going and wish them all luck.

Wished I'd had known about this sooner I would have paid for you to come mate. :(
But if you remember the conversation Gatr the reason Osirus didn't want to go was because he wanted to hang his towel up, not because he didn't have the funds.

Anybody going to come on a last minute flight? Just packing my things atm!

i'll be in the hotel in front of the centro congressi from saturday (the same hotel where umbreon91 stays), so guys see u there and good luck ^^

So Dozz IS going? Okay well I wish him the best of luck as do I for the brits who have landed in Milan as of today chilling on wifi and mucking around casually.

Remember folks, battle begins Sunday! Come on tblakey89! Come on GATR! Come on Massi! Come on Spaniard! Come on CheekyMonkey! Come on Shockwave!

good luck guys! only about two weeks until the rest of us have to play as well.

i hope to meet some of you this year and that is a promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)