VGC '12 Japanese Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.
worlds finals will be:
juniors: babbytron vs pikachumaster787
seniors: Cybertron vs maski
masters: Scarlet vs ray/enfuego(with scarlet winning of coz)

and kamz might win, but will aaron win instead?
(or some other random person, If you win worlds once that doesn't necessarily mean you'll win again, that's been true for every person save 1 so far.)
Who knows? I bet I will be the random person to come in and win! Hopefully I will because if I don't even make it to world so will feel sad.

and kamz might win, but will aaron win instead?
(or some other random person, If you win worlds once that doesn't necessarily mean you'll win again, that's been true for every person save 1 so far.)
Stop being a dumbass, Us has had a winner most of the time hasn't it? It is getting to bother me how simplistic VGC predictors are these days, this is just about all I have heard:

Babbytron will win Juniors
Aaron will win American Seniors at least
Ray will win everything

People are really starting to forget a few new people enter competitive play every year, and some of them do pretty dang well for themselves. Until we see what goes down at the Spring VGC's, please stop making guesses like this!

Aaron will win American Seniors at least
i'm not in seniors anymore but i appreciate the fandom :)

also "how simplistic vgc predictors are these days" implies you've been around here for more than four months

EDIT: to stay on topic, i'd like to extend a big hand of my own fandom to SHOTA YAMAMOTO and SANTA ITO. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VGC predictions are more like who you want to win / your favorites in all seriousness.

And come on, you're asking people to stop making predictions that mean absolutely nothing. It's just all fun and games, they're never meant to be taken seriously, it's more like a ego booster for the people whose names are mentioned and for those that aren't, that just encourage you more to win! I mean ffs, obviously these predictions for worlds aren't serious considering worlds is six months away and no one besides Brian/Kamz/Ray have even qualified, so chill out.

Jeez guys, I'm really not trying to be mean but you keep on setting yourself up for it with these silly posts. I'm going to be a bit blunt, but you guys really should lurk a bit more before making posts. VGC is a great community but you don't want to make an idiot of yourself by making ridiculous and useless posts on the forums.

I feel like I repeat myself so many times but the same users just don't learn...

EDIT: also yeah, rooting for my man Shota to make it all the way through. Santa's a pretty nice kid too. :D

Doesn't it happen that way sometimes though, something bad happens like a Tsunami, they don't get to play one year, then they come back and win. Not saying they will, but sometimes thats what happens.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Doesn't it happen that way sometimes though, something bad happens like a Tsunami, they don't get to play one year, then they come back and win. Not saying they will, but sometimes thats what happens.
So since a tsunami happened and the Japanese didn't play a year, they will somehow be endowed with this magical power and defeat the Americans. Hmmmmmm.................

Anyways, not sure how this is going to work out, especially with the amount of DCs in online play, but hopefully Nintendo will address this, and I'm looking forward to the teams the Japanese make. It'll be better than seeing Hitmontop and Zapdos in every team.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
So since a tsunami happened and the Japanese didn't play a year, they will somehow be endowed with this magical power and defeat the Americans. Hmmmmmm.................
Yep pretty much.

Also No one can predict worlds as cyber said. This is about the jp championships. How'd this turn into a prediction thread for worlds?

I just want to see ze battle vidyas of teh japonese.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, could we discuss the Japanese VGC format instead of Worlds please? Also, if anyone has fluent English translation of the link, it would be much appreciated.

Hi, could we discuss the Japanese VGC format instead of Worlds please? Also, if anyone has fluent English translation of the link, it would be much appreciated.
I'm not Japanese but Google Translate is:
EDIT: There might be thing's wrong with it, but at least we have some sort of clue.

Announcement of the "Pokemon World Championships 2012"

August 2012, at Hawaii, USA, that ("WCS2012" below) "Pokemon World Championships 2012" will be held has been decided.
"WCS2012" is a tournament player representatives from all over the world gather to decide the world of Pokemon cards and games.
Election of the Japan national team, you will be carried out in the following as soon as.

※ Since the implementation of different methods and (canceled due to the earthquake) last year, two years ago, please note.

Japan national team about how to determine "WCS2012"

[Tournament card game]
Japan national team tournament card game is scheduled to be allowed to assume the election of the top finishers from the tournament battle in the "Pokemon Card Game Battle 2012 Spring Carnival" to be held this spring.
Detailed venue and timing, regulation, details such as how to participate, we will guide you as soon as decisions of the above events.

About "Pokemon Card Game Battle Spring Carnival 2012" will open in a separate window here

[Tournament game]
In addition, the Japan national team tournament games are subject to implementing "decision tournament representative of Japan," the way of top ranking carried out using a Wi-Fi communication this spring of "Pokemon Global Link Japan Cup Spring 2012", its upper will be allowed to elect from.
Such as when to hold the event detailed above, we will gradually guide the future.

※ Number of players elected Representative in Japan, will be announced at each tournament venue.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, I've already read the Google Translate. Really what I'm wondering is:

1. If the WiFi tournament is the only way of getting to Worlds
  2. If the WiFi tournaments gets you straight to Worlds or just gives you an advantage at Regionals or gets you straight to Nationals
  3. What other methods of getting to Worlds the Japanese will have

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Okay this thread. The OP should probably be updated with what was said in the second post(Also someone please fix the spelling of Hawaii ;-;)

This actually sounds like a great way to do "regionals" be it not for people who like to DC. It actually saves tons of money for whoever organizes the events and such. It would make sense that they have an LCQ at their "nationals" like they would in America. But who knows with this year, maybe the wifi tournament is the only way to qualify for this "nationals" thing. It would be neat to see how it's gonna be managed to track DCers and such. There are routes that can be taken to solve the issue, but no one knows if any of those are implemented.

Anyway yeah if someone can actually translate that link(Not Google Translate....) that would be wonderful to see what exactly they mean. I'd really love to see how this goes for Japan in the long run.

Wow I sure hope this idea never gets implemented anywhere else. Nothing beats the satisfaction of travelling and meeting battlers face to face. The first Wi-Fi tourney we had I played 2 matches with my old team and found myself quite unimpressed =/

Woah so let me get this straight, the Japanese need to play on WiFi in order to earn a spot to play in the Japan Finals or something?

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Japanese "regionals" are online and reward invites to their nationals which are held in person. On that subject...

Japanese Nationals Date!

Japan's 2012 VGC Site said:
日本代表決定大会
That translates to "Japan Representative Determination Tournament". I'm not sure when this section was added to their website, but Japanese nationals look to be on June 10th(6月10日).

Original link is: http://ja.pokemon-gl.com/about/jc2012s/page1-1.html -- Second section covers nationals. The location has yet to be announced, but it's the same place every year from what I've heard.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Query, Why did we not just get TTS in to translate this sooner?

It seems like quite an interesting idea, offering a reward for playing a WiFi tournament. Maybe they've got something up their sleeve they havent implemented for the international one yet. Does any translation say they can play nationals without the pre-requisite of WiFi victory? Seems unfair on those with poor internet, or less time to play. I'd be interested to see this format tested in the US maybe, working the same as a regional perhaps, just providing byes and such.

VGC predictions are more like who you want to win / your favorites in all seriousness.

And come on, you're asking people to stop making predictions that mean absolutely nothing. It's just all fun and games, they're never meant to be taken seriously, it's more like a ego booster for the people whose names are mentioned and for those that aren't, that just encourage you more to win! I mean ffs, obviously these predictions for worlds aren't serious considering worlds is six months away and no one besides Brian/Kamz/Ray have even qualified, so chill out.

Jeez guys, I'm really not trying to be mean but you keep on setting yourself up for it with these silly posts. I'm going to be a bit blunt, but you guys really should lurk a bit more before making posts. VGC is a great community but you don't want to make an idiot of yourself by making ridiculous and useless posts on the forums.

I feel like I repeat myself so many times but the same users just don't learn...

EDIT: also yeah, rooting for my man Shota to make it all the way through. Santa's a pretty nice kid too. :D
Sorry Aaron. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)