VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't go down this road. I went down it. Shame and humiliation come with it. Dark days, dark days.

No seriously don't say stuff like that because thinking you're going to walk in like you're going to win a regional (Like I did :/) will not pay off because not only will it get people mad at you*, karma is a B*TCH AND WILL F*** YOU HARD.
*and you won't get to do stuff on Smogon because people still hold it against you D:
^That

I went in with the same mindset at Mr. Jrank up there and got my ass handed to me. There will always be someone better than you, even if it's at a regional which as most people think, not a cakewalk.

If you can actually come out on top, then you can ignore this message. You'll then have bragging rights :)

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
Don't go down this road. I went down it. Shame and humiliation come with it. Dark days, dark days.

No seriously don't say stuff like that because thinking you're going to walk in like you're going to win a regional (Like I did :/) will not pay off because not only will it get people mad at you*, karma is a B*TCH AND WILL F*** YOU HARD.
*and you won't get to do stuff on Smogon because people still hold it against you D:
You are right, I wanted into DC thinking I was going to win, but sadly it was not meant to be, and I got 3/4th.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You are right, I wanted into DC thinking I was going to win, but sadly it was not meant to be, and I got 3/4th.
Some people walk in and do very well, but not everyone can. I was just trying to warn him the potential backlash of him going any further, so I don't see a need for you to be sarcastic about this. Sorry for trying to help someone out, I should've known better.

EDIT: To elaborate further, I am not saying you shouldn't go into a regional thinking you can win. That's the mindset you should have, "I think I can, I think I can" (hehe children's books). What I am trying to impress is that I do not think it is advisable to make statements such as "and beat everyone again," or other such statements that may come off as one thinking they're going to win with ease, or something along the lines of "dominating" (like some of the things I said at the beginning of VGC 11, which I now deeply regret making).

EDIT2: Good to hear, JRank ~Jibaku

Lo, same here. After 2 months of practicing, I went to Seattle for VGC '11 and got eliminated first round. I mean, my opponent won because of brightpowder, and my fake out missing, but they won nonetheless.

I mean, the important part is to have fun and make friends.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
JRank, solid respect for that post. I thought you were pretty cocky in the beginning of the season (not that you didn't have a reason to be!) but your ability reflect on your own shortcomings is a sign of maturity.

And goddamn it looks like Canadian regionals will be in April, which is pretty hard for me, since finals are coming up. Wishing it were in November, which would be optimal for university students like me.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If everyone is done jumping on the poor guy, I'm pretty sure the "again" was referring to the fact that he had already said "hopefully" once.
My sister is going to look at here college
(I think it Rice)
So I get to come in April to Hoston
(hopefully)
And beat everyone(again hopefully)

JRank, solid respect for that post. I thought you were pretty cocky in the beginning of the season (not that you didn't have a reason to be!) but your ability reflect on your own shortcomings is a sign of maturity.

And goddamn it looks like Canadian regionals will be in April, which is pretty hard for me, since finals are coming up. Wishing it were in November, which would be optimal for university students like me.
I hear ya :( hopefully i'll at least have my own car by then to drive myself. what uni you go to? I'm at WLU

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Waterloo <-> Toronto roundtrip on the Greyhound is like $20 and you'll be a few blocks from the Convention Centre which is where Nats was last year... Although I remember the Eastern Canada regional last year was somewhere out in the middle of nowhere (closer to the airport but not quite Mississauga I think?) so that'll be a bit harder I guess.

Waterloo <-> Toronto roundtrip on the Greyhound is like $20 and you'll be a few blocks from the Convention Centre which is where Nats was last year... Although I remember the Eastern Canada regional last year was somewhere out in the middle of nowhere (closer to the airport but not quite Mississauga I think?) so that'll be a bit harder I guess.
I prefer driving places :P but thanks. honestly never been to VGC before so i wouldn't know where to go at ALL lmaoXD i'm of, ttyl, if you leave anything relevant to this just VM it to me or i'll miss it

oh hell yes I thought it was going to be in San Fran or San Diego but its in my city and all I have to do is walk to the convention center I hope to see more of you so-cal peeps out there wewt!

I was really hoping for november as well. Part of it is because I'm used to starting in a fresh season where everything hasn't been done before. It feels easier for some reason. :/

I'm just hoping my finals don't trap me in my house to study next year or anything. Apparently I have a midterm for Creative Processes, which is a made up course anyway, so who even knows anymore. If my finals are stuff like that then I should have more time for the Polkamans.

Also I hope it's in Vancouver and not Surrey (if we get it). Because it kind of takes me a million hours to get to Surrey on a bus.

EDIT: firestorm, I notice you're playing Ico. I'm pretty much the biggest Team Ico fangirl you will ever meet in your entire life. Just thought I'd let you know in case you accidentally mention it in front of me. I will talk about it forever.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jrank big props for being able to realize and accept your mistakes from last season and trying to look out for others :)

I'm really looking forward to this season and meeting loads of smogoners

Hawaii or bust

Jrank big props for being able to realize and accept your mistakes from last season and trying to look out for others :)
THIS!!!!! :)

Nice to see red backpack kid is growing up ;)

So that this post actually has meaning, apparently the hotel near the Richmond VA Regionals will have a special hotel rate for pokemon players :)
Link

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I'm really looking forward to this season and meeting loads of smogoners

Hawaii or bust
This. Im really looking forward to seeing the many smogoners/Skarmblissers this year. Last year I couldn't go to nats(..sounded like so much fun) because of $ issues, but no more excuses.

Also Solace I was next to you in t16 at regionals, but I went in bitch mode, and couldn't muster a word to say XD.

Darn...if they announce a nearby Canadian City soon, I don't think I can go this year...

Unless they have a regional close to me in April. But It's killing me to get into this tournament, I'm itching for a good battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)