VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta will be in the spring, we may be getting more, but they are keeping the original 6 regionals at thier current locations at thier current times.

This is going to really open the flood gates, and the competitive this year will be the hardest it's ever been.

According to floridapokemon.com, a site that Florida's Premiere Tournament Organizer (Heidi Craig) posts information on, there will be a tournament in Lake Buena Vista, FL (which is just south of Orlando, in the Disney area) this fall.

...sigh...the one year I'm actually interested by VGC, the closest area to where I live (Fort Wayne) is approx. 2.5-4.5 hours away...
Uh that's actually not that bad there are some people that will have to travel more than 2.5-4.5 hours just to get to any regional.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There's never been a regional less than 7 hours from me and it doesn't look like that's gonna change but w/e lol.

Anyway St. Louis in November and Houston in April means I'll be hitting up those two!!!

Will be reppin' Indy at Ft Wayne =) Possibly Atlanta in the Spring like this past season if I can convince my mom to take off work (she won't care if I skip a day of school =P).

Texas and California should get two regionals each. Texas is 8% of the U.S. population and takes forever to drive out of, and California is 12%, so obviously it deserves two even more than Texas.

Texas and California should get two regionals each. Texas is 8% of the U.S. population and takes forever to drive out of, and California is 12%, so obviously it deserves two even more than Texas.
If we're throwing numbers around of population and such for regionals then I say Phoenix should have a permanent regional since its the 6th most populated city in America and Arizona is the fastest growing state.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If we're throwing numbers around of population and such for regionals then I say Phoenix should have a permanent regional since its the 6th most populated city in America and Arizona is the fastest growing state.
Shinryu?!

Come on NorCal Regional, Long Beach like 6 hours away
Probably happening in April from what I remember people throwing around on Pokegym?

Where is the second location in Canada, Toronto and ???.

If it is in Calgary I will have an instant orgasm.
I posted just above you... If you didn't read it then I don't know if you'll read it now but the other regional is likely going to be in the Vancouver area.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry Firestorm, I didn't mean to be offensive by saying that, I didn't even read the full article either so I apologise for that, still, you get three regionals and I decided to have a look at this on Google:
http://www.google.co.uk/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=sp_pop_totl&idim=country:GBR&dl=en&hl=en&q=uk+population#ctype=l&strail=false&nselm=h&met_y=sp_pop_totl&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=country&idim=country:GBR:CAN&ifdim=country&hl=en&dl=en

I really love these new rulings though, I am very jealous though that nothing has been announced for Europe really so far, it's early days I guess but I do hope they don't restrict so Spanish can't win our UK Qualifier because alike with Canada, I envy their support to fly to a different country to compete and spend that money, that or they run loads of mini tournaments in the UK and european countries and merge together for a European Pokémon Championships where the best head to Worlds 12.

I think I mentioned an idea like this last year, anyways, I am delighted on the american developments on VGC but would strongly hope this means Europe would be getting some changes in their formats too just to make everything fair.

Will be reppin' Indy at Ft Wayne =) Possibly Atlanta in the Spring like this past season if I can convince my mom to take off work (she won't care if I skip a day of school =P).

Sorry but your going down in Indy. I will be most likely showing up there. My team is already prepped.

Off chance I fail = LCQ at Indianapolis Indiana.

It's not overly reliable but talking to a staff member at VGC11 in Birmingham he said it would very likely be there again for VGC12

The NEC is a solid place to host it so I see no reason why they wouldn't go for a third consecutive Birmingham event

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So wheres Nick going, as he can't be in every vgc derp. I mean he's like the greatest announcer.
Nick McCord will not be attending. These events will be staffed by locals so you will not be seeing most of the staff from previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)