VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally going to Doswell VA. If I'm not judging at the Regionals, or tearing it up in the card game, I'll be at the VGC.

Perhaps an attending thread is needed?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well its telling me 4- 4 1/2 hours to get from nyc to Rhode island.
Acela: 2 hr 55 min
150 Northeast Regional: 3 hr 26 min
66 Northeast Regional (crappier one): 4 hr 18 min

So yeah it shouldnt take 4 hours if you take the right train...

I'm really hoping there's one in Wisconsin. Even though there's one in St. Louis, I'm still hoping. The Dells has an event every year, after all.

Driving 6 hours sounds awful on a Sunday night. lol

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
By the way, of the last two years' locations, the bolded have been confirmed for this year so far:

Regionals
Surrey, BC [ Western Canada ]
Toronto, ON [ Eastern Canada ]
Long Beach, CA [ SoCal ]
Sunnyvale, CA [ NorCal ]
Salt Lake City, UT [ Mountain West - Held in Greenwood Village, CO in 2010 ]
Orlando, FL [ Florida - Held in Lake Buenta Vista, FL in 2010 ]
Atlanta, GA [ Southeast - Held in Roswell, GA in 2010 ]
Ft. Wayne, IN [ Great Lakes - Held in Angolo, IN in 2010 ]
Natick, MA [ New England - Held in Providence, RI in 2010 ]
Quinton, VA [ Mid-Atlantic ] -> Now in Doswell, VA for 2011
Crestwood, MO [ Mississippi Valley ]
Philadelphia, PA [ Northeast ]
Salem, OR [ Northwest ]
Houston, TX [ Southern Plains ]
Wisconsin Dells, WI [ Midwest ]

Nationals
Indianapolis, IN [ USA ]
Toronto, ON [ Canada ]

The only different location is Doswell, VA which is about 45 mins from Quinton, VA.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
By the way, of the last two years' locations, the bolded have been confirmed for this year so far:

Regionals
Long Beach, CA [ SoCal ]
Sunnyvale, CA [ NorCal ]
Salem, OR [ Northwest ]

Nationals
Indianapolis, IN [ USA ]
Toronto, ON [ Canada ]

The only different location is Doswell, VA which is about 45 mins from Quinton, VA.
Were these for TGC last year? I don't recall there being two CA regionals.

I really would love it if they held a regional in Philly :D I wonder what the rules and set up will be like for the upcoming year.

Are these going to be the only locations in the Us or Canada? I would really like to participate this year, but I live in Vancouver, so I can really only go to the Seattle one, or one in Vancouver if they hold one there.

Regionals
Long Beach, CA [ SoCal ]
Sunnyvale, CA [ NorCal ]
Salem, OR [ Northwest ]

Nationals
Indianapolis, IN [ USA ]
Toronto, ON [ Canada ]

Come on big money on the Dells! It's only an hour away. =D

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
Are these going to be the only locations in the Us or Canada? I would really like to participate this year, but I live in Vancouver, so I can really only go to the Seattle one, or one in Vancouver if they hold one there.
If you were to go to the Seattle event, you would be playing for fun only, because only US residents can claim the prizes for the US Regionals.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
I believe that only the travel award is for residents and everything else is fair game.
"Non-U.S. residents are not eligible to collect a Travel Award or travel allowance to the U.S. National Championships, as the U.S. Nationals are open to U.S. residents only." Means no money at all.

ATTN:

Is anyone planning to drive from Minnesota/Wisconsin to either the Fort Wayne, Indiana regional or the St. Louis, Missouri regional? I live in Madison (WI) and would very much like to get a ride with someone to one of those events if possible =D I would obviously help pay for gas and stuff

ATTN:

Is anyone planning to drive from Minnesota/Wisconsin to either the Fort Wayne, Indiana regional or the St. Louis, Missouri regional? I live in Madison (WI) and would very much like to get a ride with someone to one of those events if possible =D I would obviously help pay for gas and stuff
TAD - the VGC bum. It was just a couple months ago you were needing a ride to worlds :-P

I really don't appreciate the Providence VGC location. It's over $100 from what I can tell to just attend. I'd appreciate it if they had in NJ again but RI? C'mon. At least have it anywhere but the smallest state in the country.

Oh well, guess I have to attend either Nationals or Philadelphia. Btw, anyone that attends Nationals is eligible to play, correct?

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I really don't appreciate the Providence VGC location. It's over $100 from what I can tell to just attend. I'd appreciate it if they had in NJ again but RI? C'mon. At least have it anywhere but the smallest state in the country.

Oh well, guess I have to attend either Nationals or Philadelphia. Btw, anyone that attends Nationals is eligible to play, correct?
Thats what I thought when I saw RI regional. If it wasn't for me going with friends I'd have to wait until april, but atleast we have more regionals.

1) It hasn't been in New England since 06, for JAA. The Convention Center is in a really nice spot and can hold a lot of people (I've been there for scrabble). And honestly, we're lucky to have a regional so close. I know a lot of people who drove many more hours to regionals far away because they lived in an inconvenient spot. The regionals are never going to be PERFECT DISTANCE from everyone so there's no point in arguing/complaining about it.

2) pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)