VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
See you there Firestorm. :)

I'm glad I can still get there easily by train but seriously why Surrey. ;-;

Why can't November 13th be now so we can talk about it? Not looking forward to team testing all over again thought.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes. Regionals are swiss now. No buddy rule. It'll work like it does at Nationals. Also the same as the Battle Roads we went to.

Yes. Regionals are swiss now. No buddy rule. It'll work like it does at Nationals. Also the same as the Battle Roads we went to.
Wow, why did I even ask about buddy rule? I was just explaining the other day to someone that pairings are via computer. Can you tell I'm a little tired?

I realized it's at Battle Roads, but I'm wondering where we will fit. I supposed they'll just put it out in the mall? I might go to City Champs later this month so maybe I'll ask about it.

Sweet! The Surrey Regional is at the Mall! I live only like 10 minutes from there! You guys think that the tournament will be in the open, or will it be some separate room?

This year, the Pokémon TCG U.S. National Championships has an entry requirement of 10 Play! Points. You can learn more about Play! Points and other changes to the Play! Pokémon tournament structure on the Tournament information page. Preregistration begins on Thursday, June 28th, at the Indiana Convention Center.
Every Regional gives 5 Play! points just for participating, and 10 are required to get into Nationals. Therefore, every player must either play in two Regionals (which means attending both a Novermber Regional and an April Regional), OR they must play the TCG to get more Play! points.

Basically, anyone planning to go to Nationals MUST go to a Regional this weekend, or else play in TCG tournaments just to get Play! points.

EDIT: Nevermind

I never mentioned anything about the future, I was just pointing out that there is no restriction on the amount of Play Points needed for Nationals. We'll obviously see them come into effect in the future, but they are useless this year.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Southeast Regional will likely be happening in The Classic Center in Athens, GA. That's all of them folks!

Firestorm

Not really. Even though the location has moved both regionals still count as "Southeast". They just aren't doing it in the same place twice.
They are named different events and do not count as the same. The Southeast Regional is held in Georgia and the Florida Regional is held in Florida. This is the same as in previous years. Nobody is trying to say that Florida is no longer in the southeast of America as much as Bugs Bunny would like to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)