VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennsylvania Convention Center [ Map ]
1101 Arch St
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Inside the Convention Center: Rooms 201 ABC (Seating for 560)
Juniors and Seniors Registration: 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Play to start by 10:30 AM.
Masters Registration: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM. Play to start by 12:00 PM.

Missed your chance to play in a Fall Regional? Want another chance at winning awesome prizes? Then the 2012 VGC Spring Regional, held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center on April 15th, 2012 is just for you! Join some of the strongest trainers around the country as you battle for the title of 2012 Spring Regional Champion!

Format

The tournament will be in the swiss format likely with no top cut. Players will be paired up against each other and every round they will play someone else with a similar record to them. After a set amount of rounds, the players with the best scores (with tie-breakers determined by the win percentage of their opponents) will receive their prizes. This means everyone will get to play every round and nobody is eliminated in the tournament!

Accomodations
Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
21 N Juniper Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
1-215-496-3200
$169.00 for Singles and Doubles per night

Call on or before Thursday, March 13 2012 to make reservations. Identify yourself as part of the "Pokemon Regional Championship Room Block" group staying at the Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown. All reservations must be made with a major credit card. The hotel is conveniently located less than a mile away from the convention center.

Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
1201 Market Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
1-215-625-2900
$189.00 for Singles and Doubles per night

Call on or before Thursday, March 13 2012 to make reservations. Identify yourself as part of the "Pokemon Regional Championship Room Block" group staying at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. All reservations must be made with a major credit card. The hotel is conveniently located less than a mile away from the convention center. All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card. All reservations for all guests must be received on or before Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Attending

Masters

1. Clinton
  2. Solace
  3. Sapphire Birch
  4. ChiboSempai
  5. TDS
  6. Maestrol55
  7. TehDerek
  8. eriXtone
  9. hockeyguy605
  10. soul survivor
  11. Expert Evan
  12. Shinkou
  13. Mosquito
  14. Jibaku
  15. kinderlew
  16. Jellicent
  17. Rukario
  18. Stormfront
  19. Infinity.Cypher
  20. Sevrah
  21. Civ
  22. OhnoHo-oh
  23. The Knights of Wario Land
  24. Methmite
  25. drcossack
  26. InfinityParalysis
  27. dtrain
  28. Human
  29. Soul-dew
  30. Hillz
  31. wigglypuff
  32. Chilebowl
  33. Ditto
  34. Jivetime
  35. fatalbert135
  36. TheGr8
Seniors
  1. Cybertron
  2. CalzoneCannon
  3. TalkingLion
  4. Superpokemon67
  5. iss
  6. GARCHOMPZILLA
  7. PungentFruit
  8. LudiImpact
  9. Drifblim
  10. Blitznburst
  11. DaBomb
  12. Burgba
  13. SP67's sister
  14. Toader2
Juniors

1. Babbytron
  2. kinderbro
  3. DragontypeVGC
  4. SP67's brother

Sweet thanks Aaron! I'll be attending seniors! Let's see if I can beat you! XD good luck to all though.

Hey, we should try choosing a hotel for everyone to consider staying in, I have seen it at other posts. This way we can all hang out before the tourney!

Gonna be my last event. I really want to try my best at this just because it's my last one but I don't want to deny any of my friends the invite and the byes who are actually going to nats.

I would so attend this but I'm only going to be in PA from March 3rd through the 13th. :(

if only spring break were later.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
In for masters. Hopefully this season i can get the good end of the tie-breakers....or even get a streak of luck to win it all.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
In for Masters.

Hotel recommendations: Philly is...hit and miss on nice places to stay (some areas are well, rougher than others), so I recommend: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwes...-Prussia/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=39091 for a nice area without running the risk of having something bad happen.

Near a mall, a few restaurants there, etc. There's other things to do, as well. Off the top of my head, for those unfamiliar with Philly:

The Art Museum (aka the Rocky stairs): http://www.philamuseum.org/

National Constitution Center: http://constitutioncenter.org/ - has the Liberty Bell (though I believe it's roped off, due to vandalism several years ago), and Independence Hall is here too.

The Italian section. http://www.ralphsrestaurant.com/ - I have hyped this place to a few people, and trust me, you will NOT be disappointed in the food here. There's other things in this area, but I do not remember what they are.

Citizen's Bank Park for those of us who are baseball fans (whether you hate the Phillies or not. I believe it's Phillies/lolMets that weekend), and I'm drawing a blank on other things.

how could babbytron not go? he's going for the first person to win 4 regionals in a year!

also i'll post when i book a hotel, although it'll be very late and probably not until a week before the tournament. three more months guys, hype!

how could babbytron not go? he's going for the first person to win 4 regionals in a year!

also i'll post when i book a hotel, although it'll be very late and probably not until a week before the tournament. three more months guys, hype!
i thought u couldnt go if u already won.
any way he might have some competition if my cousin elijah decides to compete (he lives in philly and sometimes beats master divisioner-age people).
and even though i cant imagine it, i know to god i'll end up facing you at philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)