VGC '12 Western Canada Regional - Surrey, BC - Won by R Inanimate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most likely right after registration as that's how I've seen TCG events by the same organizer done.

bumping this back up because i was bored and reading the OP, and a note in case anyone does fly in, transit fare from the airport actually starts at $8 because YVR is terrible but if they go down to 7/11 on the first floor a day pass is $9 anyway. it's not much but it saves for people on a tight budget trying to make it up here.

also i miss everyone. ):

just finished preregistering

this is probably not necessary at the event but to preregister you need your play pokemon ID from a past tournament / from a play pokemon account online

its a weird format someone correct me if im wrong im not even sure if im explaining it well? it just said it needed my POP ID and the event page is saying you need it at the event too

confirming that i will be bringing +2, one of whom is lilbeth who is inactive on smogon.

edit: what time are you guys gonna start showing up? i need to check bus times at some point and i don't want to gt there an hour earlier than i need to be.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll probably be getting there for 10am-ish when registration begins.

Also, UPDATE
The venue has changed slightly. It will still be at Central City Shopping Centre, but due to the large turnout for Provincials it'll be in the empty retail space between Target Apparel and The Shoe Company. You'll reach it if you enter from the skytrain side and walk straight ahead.

Oh yeah, Sally and I will be going as well. See you all! :)

I also changed my team a bit, since my team was so bad against Max's in Victoria. Max isn't going though, is he?

I'll most likely be there around 10 or so too.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Oh yeah, Sally and I will be going as well. See you all! :)

I also changed my team a bit, since my team was so bad against Max's in Victoria. Max isn't going though, is he?

I'll most likely be there around 10 or so too.
Yeah I don't think he is going. I've got a completely new team myself too!

See you guys there!

Firestorm

I've learned from UVic and rounded out my team nicely I think ;D See you all in 1 / 2 / 3 days!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Good luck to all the Smogoners participating in this, mostly fellow Subway fanatics R Inanimate, TRE and Chinese Dood. Also Firestorm.

Hope you guys do better than me in Paris (R3) and Milan (R2) ._.

So are the Smogon users gonna be meeting up together or anything social like that? Someone with a sign that says "Smogon guys here," etc.? Just curious.

I'm really excited about this tournament. It'll be my first. I'm sure I'll get my butt kicked (I've only got a few perfect IV guys), but it'll still be a lot of fun.

you might know us when you see us, but in case you don't i might be the most noticeable with a bright green nidoking backpack. if for some reason someone has the same backpack, i'll have a stuffed emboar and cryogonal attached to it. not getting there till about quarter after 10 though since my bus doesn't run that early.

as a note, i only have two with perfect IVs as i breed and don't RNG. it isn't as bad as you think, but it can make a difference sometimes.

I'll be sure to look out for you. I'll probably have one of those old Burger King Pokeball things attached to belt. The ones the toy would come in.

just about to leave for the bus in maybe 15 minutes. i've got 2 extra DS systems in case anyone has problems. for anyone who doesn't know me i've got the backpack i previously mentioned, long brownish hair, and i'm the shortest person you will ever meet

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have some scores. They're playing 6 rounds, so this is the halfway mark for them! Plenty of matches between the group of them as well..

Firestorm 2-1
Articuno64 2-1
Caffwin 2-1
R_inanimate 3-0
Chinese Dood 2-1
J Leo l 2-1
Shadow Blues 2-1
Skarm 2-1
Feathers 2-1
TRE 2-1

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bump! We're all done in BC. I'm just waiting for the final masters standings from Firestorm, then I can give you all the scores on the doors. Only 6 rounds played here.

EDIT: Here they are, from final standings

Results from BC
Masters
R Inanimate 6-0
Shadow_blues 5-1
Skarm 4-2
J-Leo-L 4-2
Feathers 4-2
Firestorm 3-3
Team Rocket Elite 3-3
Caffwin 3-3
Articuno64 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)