VGC '12 World Championships - Kona, HI, USA - WON by BlueCookies & Dimsun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty insane, if Ray wins he'll be the only 3 peat winner at World, even the TCG only has one 2 time champ and he won them on different occasions.

Btw TCG finals havent started yet and are using the screens VGC needs. They play best of three rounds of up to 45 minutes. Don't expect the VGC finals for at least another 2 hours.

Btw TCG finals havent started yet and are using the screens VGC needs. They play best of three rounds of up to 45 minutes. Don't expect the VGC finals for at least another 2 hours.
Do they use the stage for juniors seneiors and masters in tcg?

Yeah, three giant screens vaguely side by side, all three divisions happening at once. Similar set-up to last year.

Edit: two of the matches are 1-1 and i suspect the one that isnt is gonna be a sweep, might be quicker than we expected

Yeah people are dumb for expecting this to go too long. Also calling the matchup a "weather battle" is misleading, as there are only 2 pokemon that benefit from weather on each team (eggs and heatran for wolfe and tyranitar and gaechomp for ray), and neither is particularly important to their team's strategy.

The one that is streaming on Pokemons own site, just got called time, so sudden death then hopefully we can get some VGC action!

Okay, They did the swag trivia contest and now they are getting it ready they said.

As a new person, its really amazing to see the two world finalists that are both from Smogon!

http://www.twitch.tv/roietrs
I will be attempting to commentate the finals. Don't expect expert-level strategy analysis since I have only some experience in this metagame but I feel like it would be way better analysis than the gamestop fellows (but I can't say anything for showmanship my speaking voice is poor).

These streaming issues...ugh...wtf they're fine with the tcg but not vgc...

Someone's recording this for youtube upload later I hope...

...well at least the commentary is slightly improved from the TCG, but only marginally...dunno whether to find it funny and laugh or facepalm.

Edit: And Ray takes game 1!

The chats even worse

"All shinies? Glad to see hackers in Worlds"

"Legendaries shouldn't be allowed"

"Wtf is this"

"*Random street fighter comment*"

Ray has this pretty much wrapped up if the skips haven't left anything out.

And Ray is officially the first 3 time champ of any of the Pokemon competitions, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)