VGC 2013 Analysis Revamps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. We're currently starting an extensive revamp project of our VGC analyses, and we'd love to have as many participants as possible. We'll be taking analyses one at a time and will be working thoroughly and extensively on each one, a la the ADV revamp project. You can either join in the process directly at #vgcqc and work with our QC in real time, or you can wait until we post a skeleton and give your input then. Thanks in advance!

Skeletons:

Cresselia
Hitmontop
Thundurus

Abit late since most of this VGC season is now over apart from the European Qualifiers, Canada's Nats, USA Nats and Worlds. Should really have been done just after B2/W2 came out.

It's good to have them for historical purposes, I think. I really enjoyed VGC'10, for instance, and would play it again if I could find opponents. Having the analyses around makes it easier to find opponents.

It maybe good but pointless now tbh. I needed those analysis months ago for team building. I've been forced to use the VGC12 analysis which is very outdated tbh and use current OU analysis to try and build a team. I've been using Smogon since 2009 to help me build teams for VGC and for this seasons content on here I'm very disappointed.

It maybe good but pointless now tbh. I needed those analysis months ago for team building. I've been forced to use the VGC12 analysis which is very outdated tbh and use current OU analysis to try and build a team. I've been using Smogon since 2009 to help me build teams for VGC and for this seasons content on here I'm very disappointed.
Nugget Bridge became the big hangout for the '13 season. Some of the recently popular sets came from their Team Analysis articles from certain player, and then people copied the shit out of them.

But yeah the idea for this project came way too late. US Regionals are over, as well as Nationals for Italy and Korea, so the only competitors left (for the most part) are the big players who already know how to build teams.
Revamping them for "historical purposes" sounds cool, but it puts people on a time table to crank out analyses that will be completely irrelevant in a few short months (and thus there may not be anyone who reads them). I personally don't think it would be worth the effort.

In our defense I tried to get this going a while ago. Anyway, even if the format is going to rotate out relatively soon, there are still people getting into the metagame, and they are the people these analyses are for. The reason for these revamps is partly for drawing in new players for VGC (not everyone plays the metagame live) and partly because some of our analyses were embarrassingly out of date, which we want to fix if only out of pride if nothing else. And, even when the analyses become obsolete they'll still serve aforementioned historical purpose and could provide a framework of reference when creating sets for the new VGC metagame once XY hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)