VGC 2015 Battle Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm surprised this did not already exist.
The purpose of this thread is simple: posting and discussing battle videos for VGC 2015 (or equivalent metagame/rulesets, such as Battle Spot Doubles, our weekly VGC tourneys, and the February International), be it a close battle, an amazing turnaround, tragic hax, or just some flat-out "what the fuck is this hax/stupid team". Battle Video codes are the main deal, showdown replays are too damn quick / its not fun to read a text log of a battle but if people want them go for it.

The goal? Some entertaining, possibly educational videos. Yay!

To get things started, I'll just flaunt my own ego. :P

SMLW-WWWW-WWXH-MUNV

Battle Spot Doubles. I changed my team around just after the Feb. International, and several of those changes came into play here. I gotta respect my opponent in this one: he made good use of Volcarona and LO Hydreigon, a combo that formed the core of my team in the BW2 era.

Starting the battle, we have Charizard + Mienshao against Volcarona + Thundurus.
Couldn't remember off the top of my head if Rage Powder is +2 or +3 priority, so I played safe and guessed he'd use Rage Powder -> redirect Fake Out -> Dick Thunder Wave my MegaZard. Quick Guard throws people off very often, as when people see Mienshao they go "Ok, its going to Fake Out" - but after this, they just don't know what to expect beyond Fighting STAB. Prediction is almost on the spot: Volcarona sets Tailwind, and Thundy's Dickwave is cockblocked. Heat Wave hits, unfettered and merciless, putting both foes into KO range, even after Thundy's Sitrus Berry.
Since I know my MegaZard can tank any unboosted Thunderbolt that isn't coming from Therian Thundy, turn two takes mere seconds to figure out "He's going to eat Heat Wave and he's not going to like it", since Volcarona has established that between Rage powder and Tailwind, it can't do a damn thing to Char-Y. Quick Guard is thrown out just to prevent a "fml, going down with my dick waving around" Thunder Wave, Zardy eats a Thunderbolt and obliterates the giant flying dick monster. Missing the Volc is largely inconsequential: all it can really do is shit itself at this point.
Turn 3, Venusaur comes out. The guy is ~1615, so he probably has a brain, which means its a ChloroSaur trying to turn Sun against me. Unfortunately for this guy, I've been running Drought since 2011: I know the tricks. Zard Protects, to stop a Chloroboosted Sleep Powder/Sludge Bomb, Mienshao escapes to Mandibuzz to prevent a Sleep Powder/laugh off its offense, since Mienshao is also in easy outrun and KO range. Sludge Bomb is blocked, Volc just uses Roost.
Turn 4, the foe's tailwind is still up - but on its last turn. Char-Y is in pretty easy KO range, and I'm going to need her to kill that Venusaur, so I switch in Mienshao - its done its damage, MegaSaur walls it, so its usefulness is a tad low. Volcarona flees to a Hydreigon, hoping to threaten Char-Y and Mandibuzz, only to Mienshao come right in.
Laughably, Mienshao, with its pathetic 65/60/60 defenses, tanks a Sludge Bomb, without using its Focus Sash. Mandibuzz gets Tailwind of unhindered, and the foe's Tailwind ends.
Turn 5, he's pretty much red across the board. Speed is entirely in my favor, Mienshao has an unstoppable Fake Out coming, and Mandibuzz really gives 0 fucks about my opponent's entire team since Thundy is gone. Hydreigon runs, going to Volcarona to avoid a possible Fighting attack, while Venusaur gets the option of "Fake Out and lose a turn, or Protect and lose a turn?". I have no idea why he Megas at this point, losing his Speed bonus from my Sun/his Chlorophyll. Protects, spares himself from Snarl, and Volc is effectively crippled. He didn't have any other real options.
Turn 6, was stuffed with surprises. First, its a brainless Rock Slide + Snarl combo: he really can't do a damn thing about it. Volcarona, surprisingly, survives this combo: but with Sun gone and -2 Sp. Atk, his Heat Wave hits Mienshao like a feather and the crazy bitch is still going; but Mandibuzz eats a critical hit AND gets burned. Rather detrimental for my biggest wall and the #1 threat to his team. Sludge Bomb finishes off Mienshao, after a surprisingly long time on the field. Since Swampy has no business being on the field with a MegaSaur, putting in Char-Y was pretty simple. With this, I must say Tailwind was his best option.
Turn 7, Volcarona swaps out: logical enough, its at -2 and walled hard. Hydreigon comes in to wall the blatantly obvious Fire+Dark combo coming. Venusaur Protects, since it really is just shitting a brick this entire match, Hydreigon eats a Heat Wave, gets burned, and Snarl drops Sp. Atk down to a low threat level. Mandibuzz's Burn drops it to yellow, activates Sitrus, and Hydreigon's Burn puts it into possible KO range. But, my Tailwind runs out.
Turn 8, the plan is simple: set up Tailwind. Can't have this guy snatch back victory. Swampy can decimate Hydreigon and Volcarona (Wide Guard, Scald, Ice Beamz), but not with Venusaur out there. If he sets up Talwind, some how, some way, I could lose. So this is pretty much just an insurance turn. Protect on Chary, Tailwind on Mandy. Mandibuzz continues to flaunt the power of 110/95 special bulk + Snarl. Even the Burn damage doesn't kill it.
Turn 9, the slaughter begins. Predictions and results do not even need mentioning. :P

L58G-WWWW-WWXH-PT54

Not just one, but two criticals in a single Heat Wave right on turn 2. Normally, I'd feel bad, but this kind of shit happens to me on a regular basis, so I'm cool with it. Its pretty much a video of "watch Mienshao disrupt and kill everything while Char-Y acts as a distraction". Also another video of "Watch Swampy do nothing, and Aegislash- uh, makes a good meatshield?"

Last edited:
I see what you did there. As for codes....i just don't have to tell you where they are. Wanna a nice feedback since i want to use this team again

Good to see a successful thread with my name on it.

WKEG-WWWW-WWXT-NC4Y

^ I think this is the pinnacle of "not to be a sore loser, but I should not of lost that one to absurd hax alone."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)