VGC 2015 World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shoutouts to nails and blarajan for making top cut at the boston open proving that good players beat meta game knowledge rip. Just like i did last year at lcq until wolfe called me bad. And i concur on drunk posting and unfortunately the fact that i have to get up in 4 hours and drink all the alcohol left rip....

lets talk about mark's plays. holy.

edit:

can someone help me. mark is destroying koki , holy shit

edit 2; my mind is literally crushed from all of that and my jaw just dropped all the way down after seeing that. wtf just happened. i can't believe i just saw destruction .
I think the 13th Ammendment makes it illegal to own people like that

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I absolutely loved the Senior finals, with Mark being so innovative and well played.
That skill swap, that trick room, and many more.
Not using Mega Kanga is another plus.

Does Mark run a Youtube channel at all? Would love to subscribe.

Little late but for all those hyping Mark: He had an incredibly good matchup and tried to throw g1 in turn 1. Had Koki made the obvious play, the game would've been over just there and Mark looked silly af. Koki needed to make risky plays tho, since it was the only way for him to compensate the matchup. Remember that, while it was nice to watch indeed, a good player doesn't risk the game t1, especially not with such good matchup, but uses his advantage to win the game in a clear and calm way, just how the japanese guys in Masters did. Mark was lucky that Koki needed to make plays, but just because his risky play worked doesn't justify his early throw. In other words: Mark did everything to not win, at least in g1 but rather to look as cool as possible. If you want to call that a good player, go ahead.

All in all, everyone with a little understanding of esports must realize that this worlds clearly showed why pokemon will never be one.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Though I agree Masters was more interesting, as someone who has a strong understanding of esports I'm pretty sure it's one already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)