VGC 2016 Team Help RMT - Mega Gengar Special Sweep

Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, is is my first thread as I am new to smog on. I have been playing with a mega Gengar team recently as he is my favourite Pokemon , as others may share the same interest with me, I have decided to let the public help craft my team to make it the best possible.

My current team is as follows:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb

Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Thunder
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Power Herb

Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite

Ability: Shadow Tag
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Protect

Terrakion @ Life Orb

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Crobat @ Black Sludge

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind
- Super Fang

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite

Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Return
- Draco Meteor
This is not the right thread for an RMT (the correct thread is here), and you do not follow the RMT rules. Do note that in the RMT forum you will be required to include 3 lines of description for each Pokemon. This makes it easier to judge the team and see any flaws there may be in the team.

If I were to rate this team however, the first glance things I would say are
  • You do not have an efficient EV spread for Mega Salamence, as running 8 or 248 EVs in a stat is wasting EVs.
  • You seem to have neglected the move Protect on everything aside from Mega Gengar. Protect is a very very VERY useful move, and you can't just not run it on a lot of things.
  • Running Return and Double-Edge on Mega Salamence at the same time doesn't really have any purpose. You should replace the one you dislike more with Protect.
  • Dazzling Gleam on non-Fairy types is a no. It's very very weak and really just useless altogether.
  • Thunder hits what it wants to hit with less power than Grass Knot, which is also 100% accurate in Sun.
  • Flash Cannon is weaker than Moonblast on all targets aside from Aurorus and Carbink, which are both very unviable.
  • Black Sludge is a waste on Crobat. The point in running Crobat is having a check to all types of Smeargle, which is why it really needs Lum Berry.
A team rater could probably give you more in-depth help, but these are some essentials in doubles formats (mostly pertaining to VGC and few battle spot formats).
Yeah this should go to the RMT section just as Derivatives said, it also clearly states in the forum rules that this is not the place for RMTs, so I'll lock this.
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)