VGC C&C Discussion Thread

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Use this thread to discuss changes that you feel should be made to existing analyses. New analyses will be posted in this thread once they have been completed.

Only Pokemon ranked on the VGC Viability Rankings will receive an analysis. If you feel a Pokemon should have an analysis but doesn't have one currently, please go there and explain why the Pokemon should be ranked.

yuki

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

yuki

Time for another small update for you all.

We have just 6 Pokemon left in the Reservation Index that will be getting an analysis during Series 8. If you would like to claim one, please make a post in there ASAP before someone else claims them.

Metagross
Moltres-G
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
Palkia
Rotom-H
Yveltal

But that will not be the end of C&C for VGC in the current series. There are going to be plenty more opportunities to contribute to the Smogon Dex still coming your way. As soon as zee and I have worked out the logistics of this, a new thread will be made for what we have planned. Keep an eye out for that, watch the subforum and you'll know about it as soon as we upload the new thread.

Bad YouTube-style commentary aside, I just wanted to take another (section of a) post to thank every one of our contributors again. It is absolutely immense that we've managed to get 30/37 sets under way, with 14 of those being completed and a further 8 in GP. Whether you're a QC team member, a writer or even one of the many AM or GP checkers (that are spying on this post), without every one of you this wouldn't have been possible. Let's continue to do great things together!

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey vgc, I noticed my moltres galar analysis was moved to uploaded analyses despite not having any gp implemented by me, I also went to check on smogon dex, but there’s nothing, is it normal?

Hey vgc, I noticed my moltres galar analysis was moved to uploaded analyses despite not having any gp implemented by me, I also went to check on smogon dex, but there’s nothing, is it normal?
I implemented all gp checks this morning to get them done asap since players cup is soon

e: I don't actually have perms to put things on the dex yet, so a site staff member will have to do that

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I implemented all gp checks this morning to get them done asap since players cup is soon

e: I don't actually have perms to put things on the dex yet, so a site staff member will have to do that
understood, thanks zee

for transparency's sake I would like to lay out the plan going forward since all analyses are either uploaded or in GP and we just have the set compendiums to work on for now

Starting late april, reservations for series 9 SCs will go live. Just like the SCs that have been worked on so far, reserve these in batches and just provide a set and its description. 1 QC and 1 GP just ensures we can get large amounts of sets on the dex quickly and can update them easily.

In the mean time, we're in the works of creating a full analysis format that's more suited to VGC's needs. if/when the formats stop rotating so frequently, we'll likely move to full analyses for some of the more common Pokemon.

So you might be wondering, what's happening to the series 8 analyses? the answer is one of two things:
  • for restricted Pokemon, we'll be freezing the sets in place should they become relevant again at some point in the future. Basically, some sort of tagline stating that these are archived sets from series 8
  • nonrestricted Pokemon on the dex will have their analyses edited to make sure they stay up to date. If a completely new set pops up for a Pokemon not currently on the dex, it will go up for reservation in the SC reservation thread.
"this sounds great but how can I help?" Well I'm glad you asked!

pretty simple actually, just post in this thread with something you think needs to be changed. you can also hit us up on discord in the #analysis-discussion channel!

this is in addition to the unreserved Pokemon in the SC thread, which you are more than welcome to reserve!

Since you can request updates to the dex but won't be able to merge them, feel free to do so if you wish. If you just want to post here or on Discord, that works too!

if you have questions about how to suggest updates on the dex, please send me a PM

this is in addition to the unreserved Pokemon in the SC thread, which you are more than welcome to reserve!

Besides that, I just want to thank everyone for their hard work so far. This project has been up for around 2 months and in that time we've gotten around 40 Pokemon on the dex, after two entire years of VGC not doing analyses. We have plans to expand the QC team in the near future so that we can continue to keep up our current pace

Yourwelcomthank reminded me that amoonguss never got an analysis in the chaos that was us switching analysis formats. I'll be writing this.

just wanted to remind anyone that if there's ever a mon that doesn't have an analysis that you think should, this thread or discord is the place to let us know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)