Gastrodon @ Sitrus / Rindo Berry
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp.D / 4 Sp. A
Calm Nature (+SP.Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Icy wind
- Scald
- Earth Power

Abomasnow and milotic are both weak to zapdos. Although abomasnow can outspeed zapdos, it is bulky enough to survive at least one blizzard and use heat wave. Gastrodon resists zapdos completely unless it has hp grass, but the chances of that are slim to none. Gastrodon also walls ttar efficiently. It resists rock slide when it switches in and can take 2-3 crunches from an adamant 252atk tyranitar.

Gastrodon functions as a support, slowing the opponent down with icy wind so that milotic can move first. It is relatively bulky and is the team's water and electric counter.

Terrakion @Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide
-Quick Attack
-Protect

Focus Sash allows Terrakion to survive at least one hit at full HP and guarantees it one attacking turn (except in rare cases where it is double targeted by two faster pokemon) that turn can be used to help Abomasnow KO a pokemon that could possibly withstand one of Abomasnows Blizzards, namely Zapdos, and allows for the nice 51% chance of flinching the foe. Close Combat KO's focus sash T Tar when its double targeted with Blizzard and hits many other opponents for huge damage, the defenses drop isnt that important considering Terrakion wont be around to long anyways when he's holding on by his sash. Quick Attack is there to get a needed KO in on any pokemon that survive a double target Blizzard Rock Slide Combo or just to get one more hit before Terrakions remaining 1 HP is gone.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for this one.

Lucien (Machamp) (M) @ Coba Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Rock Slide
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

Abamosnow and Milotic have a common problem, Steel-types, and Machamp's STAB DynamicPunch will help with this weakness. Machamp can also use DynamicPunch to confuse the others team Mons, and with Paralysis from another teammate, it can cause serious disruption for the opponent. Rock Slide is a useful move for Doubles, hitting both Pokemon on the opponents side of the field as well as having a chance to get a flinch. Bullet Punch is a good priority move, allowing you to KO weaker Pokemon. Protect is Protect. Machamp can also use his lower speed to serve as an anti-Trick Room Pokemon.

No Guard only affects moves that the ability holder uses and moves aimed at the ability holder. So, sadly, No Guard will not affect your whole team's Blizzard.

Anyway, I'm putting forward my nomination for this (rather basic) Volcarona set:

Volcarona @ Charti Berry
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe (you'll probably change them, I'm no good at inventing EV spreads)
Ability: Flame Body
-Rage Powder
-Protect
-Heat Wave
-Bug Buzz

I tested this on one of my old ScarfAboma teams and it works really well. It draws attacks from Steel and Fighting types like Metagross and Hitmontop really well, especially given a 30% chance of Flame Body will cripple them. Heat Wave cripples Metagross anyway, not so sure about Hitmontop with its super-common access to Wide Guard, but at least spamming Rage Powder will allow Abomasnow to repeatedly BlizzSpam without regard to its relatively poor defenses.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
for me, ive had massice succeses already with the following mon

Mienshao @ Flying Gem
EV's: 4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
- Fake Out
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Wide Guard

Fake out speaks for itself, Acrobatics paired with Flying gem OHKOes most threats to both milotic and abomasnow, drain punch as STAB which also allows it to heal itself. Wide guard due to the wide variety of multi target moves like Heat wave.

for me, its been a staple on a team so far similar as this.

I'm worried about people spamming Protect against this team, so why not try this:

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 244 Sp. Atk, 12 Spd
Moves

-Heat Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Protect
-Imprison

If you could have at least 1 turn w/o your opponent using Protect, what would you do? Answer: Spam Blizzard and any other spread moves you have while Chandelure is still alive. With the extra bit of Speed, you'll be able to shut down Protect and other Chandelures in the process.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'll be putting up a poll sometime tomorrow if no one else wants to add any other suggestions.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Manectric @ Life Orb
Lightningrod
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Protect

Manectric allows this team to fair even better against the ever common Zapdos, Thundurus and Electric attacks in general, as well as being a reliable way around teams that rely on Thunder Wave with Pokémon like Cresselia and Thundurus, keeping Abomasnow's Speed high.

I was also going to suggest the Mienshao that was already posted, if not Hitmontop. There was also Weavile but I think Wide Guard will be important to this team. So I'd stress that people look at this post along with my nomination too:

for me, ive had massice succeses already with the following mon

Mienshao @ Flying Gem
EV's: 4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
- Fake Out
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Wide Guard

Fake out speaks for itself, Acrobatics paired with Flying gem OHKOes most threats to both milotic and abomasnow, drain punch as STAB which also allows it to heal itself. Wide guard due to the wide variety of multi target moves like Heat wave.

for me, its been a staple on a team so far similar as this.

I think these guys'll really help the team:

Heatran@Shuca Berry
Flash Fire
252HP/252SpAtk/SpDef
Modest
Heat Wave
Hidden Power [Ice]
Earth Power
Protect

This guy'll really help prevent users from spamming Heat Wave with Abomasnow out, and when they're both out on the field Heat Wave+ Blizzard has awesome coverage and does tons!

Manectric@Air Balloon
Lightning-Rod
Timid
Flamethrower
Discharge
Hidden Power[Grass]
Protect

While Heatran stops fire type moves, Manectric stops Electric type moves in it's tracks. Thunderbolt over Discharge because of synergistic issues. Flamethrower to hit Grass types and more, Hidden Power is sorta a filler because of Manectric's somewhat lacking move-pool. Protect is a VGC staple.

Together these guys are pretty great, and on their own they're purty good too.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Heatran. Makes a solid Fire/Water/Grass core, a bulky Steel is always nice to have, and I know from experience that the set works well.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Technitop seems legit with this combo bringing wide guard and strong priority Mach Punch to the field.

I presume you're not allowed to vote for your own...?
Otherwise, voting Terrakion. The extra check to sun will be most helpful.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Chandelure as it can prevent Trick Room from going up, which is crucial as the core won't do well in Trick Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)